Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 32 - RULES - please read page 1 (Nominations are CLOSED)

Hi Gamers,

Welcome to MGL32, the second CAG tournament of four in the first ever Classic Arcade Gaming World Championships. If you haven't gamed already that's OK, you are welcome to join in any time.

Please watch the Tube below for important details ...

Competition:

The gamer with the highest points in this tournament will be the MGL32 champion. There will be 9 games played over 9 weeks, released one week at a time, competing world wide on the most challenging classic arcade video games. Games are only open for 17 days each, so gamers must play their best in that time and post their scores before the game is closed. At the end of each MGL, points will be accumulated for each gamer toward the CAG World Championship 2017 Scoreboard. The highest score after the four MGLs will be the undisputed CAG World Champion for 2017.

Prizes:

Every gamer that plays all of the games has the chance to win the mystery prize. So if there are 9 games and you play and submit for all 9, then if you are drawn from the pool of qualifiers, then you will win all of the prizes. Whether you finish in the top half or the lower half in the tournament, you have a chance to win. Prizes will be cash and/or CAG memorabilia. In MGL32, the mystery prize will be 4 x mystery prizes.

Point system:

The incremental point system will be used for each game. 1st place will earn 100 points, 2nd place 99 points, 3rd place 98 points and so on. All gamers will earn competition points for their scores. If there is a tie on the overall scoreboard, then a head to head game win count will be used to determine the final placings. For example, if two players tie for 18th place in the world, then whoever has scored higher per game on a head to head basis will earn 18th place and the other gamer will earn 19th place.

Games:

Games are nominated by the competitors and sent by PM to the Gamemaster. Games must be selected from 1976 to 1990 and no trackball or steering wheel games are to be nominated. The number of games that can be nominated by each competitor in MGL32 is in the You Tube video. The games to be played in the competition will be randomly drawn from the pool of nominations. Only unique games will be in the pool, as there will be no duplications from nominations. The order of game play will be determined by the Gamemaster and each game will be released weekly for competition.

If you would like to nominate games and have a say in what is played, please send them by private message (PM) to OOO by midnight Sydney time Thursday 1/6/17.

The number of games you can nominate are in the Tube. The first two games will commence on Friday 2/6/17.

The following games are excluded from MGL32 and cannot be nominated: Anteater, Astro Invader, Donkey Kong, Guzzler, Hammerin Harry, Joust, Jr Pac-man, Mario Bros, Moon Patrol, Mr Do!, Pac-man, Pooyan, Qix, Radical Radial, Rygar, Scramble, Section Z, Turtles and Wonder Boy.

Settings:

The game settings will be posted in each game thread and gamers must ensure they compete on these settings only. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing allowed. No auto fire allowed. No cheats allowed.

The WolfMAME version 0.106 is highly recommended, however any later version can be used. Only the version 0.106 ROM set will be posted for each game and the equivalent for other MAME versions can be used.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

Submissions:

Gamers are to post a screenshot/photo showing their score with initials in the game thread. Games are only open for 17 days and any score submissions made after the game is closed by the Gamemaster will not be accepted. Scores at aussiearcade.com will be combined with scores from twingalaxies.com to form the world championship scoreboard.

Gamers:

Professional and casual gamers can play all or just some of the games. Gamers do not need to nominate games to play, they can play any game during the tournament. Streaming games and posting/sharing tips is encouraged, as is friendly banter in the gaming community. Striving for PBs, learning and playing the best you can are all highly encouraged. As all members at AA are registered, there is no additional registration process for the championships.

Good gaming and good luck to all competitors.

OOO

Edited by OOO

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another outstanding vid.

Can't wait .. should have plenty of time for this MGL as me and the wife will be made redundant next week, so i get to look to the positives... MGL !!

My noms are in. Bit disappointed that Crush Roller is excluded from nominations, but I'll get over it I guess :rolleyes

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm like- jeez it doesn't start until February 6th [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Welcome to our world, where we see USA formatted dates everywhere and have to try and work out what date we're looking at :D

Another outstanding vid.

Can't wait .. should have plenty of time for this MGL as me and the wife will be made redundant next week, so i get to look to the positives... MGL !!

Good luck with looking for a new job, hope you find one you enjoy, but not too soon :)

I put in for a voluntary redundancy 18months ago when about 50 were offered and didn't get it, been working there nearly 20 years......company is losing money now.....I wait in hope :) Wife has a nice job, I'm gunna play some games and ride my bike :D

My noms are in.

I'm liking the Tron theme but also assuming that because of spinners that no Tron game is eligible?

I'm sure everyone knows about the hidden PAC-MAN in the background of the Tron movie... ?

My noms are in.

I'm liking the Tron theme but also assuming that because of spinners that no Tron game is eligible?

Sadly you are right, it would be great to be able to play Tron in the MGL. And it's not only the spinner, it's the combination with the 8 way joystick and fire button. A beautiful machine.

I'm sure everyone knows about the hidden PAC-MAN in the background of the Tron movie... ?

I am sure not everyone has seen the original Tron movie. Not only can you see Pac-man, you can hear the game woka woka woka sounds ... as you can see there are still quite a few pills to be eaten ...

I missed the last two. I'm NOT missing this one! :) Glad to be a part of an elite group of outstanding players. I've said it before and I'll say it again, hats off to Paul for keeping the MGL torch lit all these years. Paul's perseverance is quite obvious. I think this one is going to be a lot of fun. I will make time for it that's for sure. Good luck to everyone!!! :)

Good luck with looking for a new job, hope you find one you enjoy, but not too soon :)

I put in for a voluntary redundancy 18months ago when about 50 were offered and didn't get it, been working there nearly 20 years......company is losing money now.....I wait in hope :) Wife has a nice job, I'm gunna play some games and ride my bike :D

Was a bit of shock as the company when into voluntary admin, it wasn't about money , right up until the admin being called in we where forward planning , giving pay rises , spending on improvements etc ...

Even the administrators are unsure why they decided to shut it down so could possibly be a disagreement between the two directors or a failing marriage .. or just not a great time to be in retail..

My wife had worked for the company for 13 yrs and myself for 9.5 , due to exposure to cancelling leases we are not sure at this stage if we will get our entitlements ..

fingers crossed they work that out soon so i know if i'm having a holiday or heart attack :D

Anyway more time for MGL Shenanigans !!

Sadly you are right, it would be great to be able to play Tron in the MGL. And it's not only the spinner, it's the combination with the 8 way joystick and fire button. A beautiful machine.

I am sure not everyone has seen the original Tron movie. Not only can you see Pac-man, you can hear the game woka woka woka sounds ... as you can see there are still quite a few pills to be eaten ...

My mate has this. He found it still in the box back in the late 90's

troncab.gif.cd817f0387a652475d28a7f0c0a93216.gif

Was a bit of shock as the company when into voluntary admin, it wasn't about money , right up until the admin being called in we where forward planning , giving pay rises , spending on improvements etc ...

Even the administrators are unsure why they decided to shut it down so could possibly be a disagreement between the two directors or a failing marriage .. or just not a great time to be in retail..

My wife had worked for the company for 13 yrs and myself for 9.5 , due to exposure to cancelling leases we are not sure at this stage if we will get our entitlements ..

fingers crossed they work that out soon so i know if i'm having a holiday or heart attack :D

I hope everything turns out OK and I am sure everyone here agrees. And that part on MGL Shenanigans, absolutely, enjoy it while you can ... http://i.imgur.com/z91itqI.gif

- - - Updated - - -

I missed the last two. I'm NOT missing this one! :)

It's great that you can make this one as the MGL is full of great challenges and surprises.

Everyone who plays and gives it their best shot, whether 1st or last position on the boards ... well in my book they are all part of an elite group of outstanding players.

Outstanding is what you want to make of it ... set some goals and go for it ...

- - - Updated - - -

I hope to have more time for this MGL ...

I hope with your scores you can find some more game bugs and post them like you did for Qix and Pac-man.

And you have to stop drinking that cheap beer ... :tequila:

- - - Updated - - -

My mate has this. He found it still in the box back in the late 90's

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110731[/ATTACH]

OMG ... someone please pass me a towel, I can't stop drooling!!! ... :o ... if your mate is interested, I'd like to buy that machine.

Miranda or DOT, Miranda or DOT, Miranda or DOT?

Stuff it, I'll take both! ... :045:

Edited by OOO

I hope to have more time for this MGL ...

I hope with your scores you can find some more game bugs and post them like you did for Qix and Pac-man.

And you have to stop drinking that cheap beer :tequila:...

:lol Do not worry, it's a long time since I do not touch it anymore ! (I had only found that as an excuse ...)

I brew my beer for more than 10 years I'm about to trade but the MGL eat all my time! :realmad:

Edited by fok999

OMG ... someone please pass me a towel, I can't stop drooling!!! ... :o ... if your mate is interested, I'd like to buy that machine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110737[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110738[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110739[/ATTACH]

aa000rearview.JPG.be4c14ab7ad3fa312f33e418d677b4c3.JPG

I hope everything turns out OK and I am sure everyone here agrees. And that part on MGL Shenanigans, absolutely, enjoy it while you can ... http://i.imgur.com/z91itqI.gif

- - - Updated - - -

It's great that you can make this one as the MGL is full of great challenges and surprises.

Everyone who plays and gives it their best shot, whether 1st or last position on the boards ... well in my book they are all part of an elite group of outstanding players.

Outstanding is what you want to make of it ... set some goals and go for it ...

- - - Updated - - -

And you have to stop drinking that cheap beer ... :tequila:

- - - Updated - - -

Miranda or DOT, Miranda or DOT, Miranda or DOT?

Stuff it, I'll take both! ... :045:

Haha....there is no chance he is going to sell it mate. He loves it too much himself!

Edited by OOO

Good luck with getting your entitlements :o

My company has just sent a corporate announcement telling us they are setting up an office to look into investment opportunities for their cash in bank to bring the company and shareholders better value........in other words they are looking into pulling their cash out of the sinking ship......I messaged the union to keep an eye on them but there is nothing they can do really. At this stage I am not worried I'm confident they would pay us and who knows they might struggle on indefinitely.

Hi Everyone,

The following brave gamers have so far accepted the challenge of the grid ...

Blackflag82, creech, zanderzone, Batfink, John73, magrinder, gadzooks, BandontheRun, Michael Kibbey, SMK, Barra, fok999, Jed, kane, Mameshane, thejudge, mikie, bigredbird and Rat.

A great selection of games have been nominated by these "programs" ... and their confidence is high ... 4 days to go until nominations close ... get ready ...

http://i.imgur.com/LClXemd.png

:)

- - - Updated - - -

Noms are in.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110775[/ATTACH]

:lol ... excellent post ...

Edited by OOO

WoooHoooo :041::023::055:

http://i.imgur.com/Davc3Sxh.jpg

My noms are in :)

Hope you can visit Brisbane at some stage and both of these machines are still sited at Netherworld as they are now. I played defender the other week, first time ever on a real cab and notched up a mind blowing 1,700 :D Haven't given the Asteroids game a go yet, will hopefully have a game next weekend when NW is open early for the Flip Frenzy and all the pinheads are playing pinball, leaving the run of all the arcade machines for me :)

Watched a guy playing Defender today, think he scored just over 100k - mind blowing getting your hands to co-ordinate on so many different things at the one time.