Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGL 32 - RULES - please read page 1 (Nominations are CLOSED)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MGL 32 - RULES - please read page 1 (Nominations are CLOSED)

    Hi Gamers,

    Welcome to MGL32, the second CAG tournament of four in the first ever Classic Arcade Gaming World Championships. If you haven't gamed already that's OK, you are welcome to join in any time.

    Please watch the Tube below for important details ...

    https://youtu.be/VC81D0TZpCM

    Competition:
    The gamer with the highest points in this tournament will be the MGL32 champion. There will be 9 games played over 9 weeks, released one week at a time, competing world wide on the most challenging classic arcade video games. Games are only open for 17 days each, so gamers must play their best in that time and post their scores before the game is closed. At the end of each MGL, points will be accumulated for each gamer toward the CAG World Championship 2017 Scoreboard. The highest score after the four MGLs will be the undisputed CAG World Champion for 2017.

    Prizes:
    Every gamer that plays all of the games has the chance to win the mystery prize. So if there are 9 games and you play and submit for all 9, then if you are drawn from the pool of qualifiers, then you will win all of the prizes. Whether you finish in the top half or the lower half in the tournament, you have a chance to win. Prizes will be cash and/or CAG memorabilia. In MGL32, the mystery prize will be 4 x mystery prizes.

    Point system:
    The incremental point system will be used for each game. 1st place will earn 100 points, 2nd place 99 points, 3rd place 98 points and so on. All gamers will earn competition points for their scores. If there is a tie on the overall scoreboard, then a head to head game win count will be used to determine the final placings. For example, if two players tie for 18th place in the world, then whoever has scored higher per game on a head to head basis will earn 18th place and the other gamer will earn 19th place.

    Games:
    Games are nominated by the competitors and sent by PM to the Gamemaster. Games must be selected from 1976 to 1990 and no trackball or steering wheel games are to be nominated. The number of games that can be nominated by each competitor in MGL32 is in the You Tube video. The games to be played in the competition will be randomly drawn from the pool of nominations. Only unique games will be in the pool, as there will be no duplications from nominations. The order of game play will be determined by the Gamemaster and each game will be released weekly for competition.

    If you would like to nominate games and have a say in what is played, please send them by private message (PM) to OOO by midnight Sydney time Thursday 1/6/17.
    The number of games you can nominate are in the Tube. The first two games will commence on Friday 2/6/17.


    The following games are excluded from MGL32 and cannot be nominated: Anteater, Astro Invader, Donkey Kong, Guzzler, Hammerin Harry, Joust, Jr Pac-man, Mario Bros, Moon Patrol, Mr Do!, Pac-man, Pooyan, Qix, Radical Radial, Rygar, Scramble, Section Z, Turtles and Wonder Boy.

    Settings:
    The game settings will be posted in each game thread and gamers must ensure they compete on these settings only. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing allowed. No auto fire allowed. No cheats allowed.

    The WolfMAME version 0.106 is highly recommended, however any later version can be used. Only the version 0.106 ROM set will be posted for each game and the equivalent for other MAME versions can be used.

    Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

    Submissions:
    Gamers are to post a screenshot/photo showing their score with initials in the game thread. Games are only open for 17 days and any score submissions made after the game is closed by the Gamemaster will not be accepted. Scores at aussiearcade.com will be combined with scores from twingalaxies.com to form the world championship scoreboard.

    Gamers:
    Professional and casual gamers can play all or just some of the games. Gamers do not need to nominate games to play, they can play any game during the tournament. Streaming games and posting/sharing tips is encouraged, as is friendly banter in the gaming community. Striving for PBs, learning and playing the best you can are all highly encouraged. As all members at AA are registered, there is no additional registration process for the championships.

    Good gaming and good luck to all competitors.

    OOO
    Last edited by OOO; 3rd June 2017, 02:07 PM.


    MGLXLIII - Arcade Firepower - on now!

    https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...cade-firepower

  • #2
    Another outstanding vid.

    Can't wait .. should have plenty of time for this MGL as me and the wife will be made redundant next week, so i get to look to the positives... MGL !!

    Comment


    • #3
      Haha. These videos are always great! Nice job OOO on another one of a kind MGL introduction video.

      Comment


      • #4
        So I'm like- jeez it doesn't start until February 6th [emoji12]


        Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

        Comment


        • #5
          My noms are in. Bit disappointed that Crush Roller is excluded from nominations, but I'll get over it I guess

          - - - Updated - - -

          Originally posted by BandontheRun View Post
          So I'm like- jeez it doesn't start until February 6th [emoji12]


          Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade
          Welcome to our world, where we see USA formatted dates everywhere and have to try and work out what date we're looking at

          Comment


          • #6
            Nice work!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Batfink View Post
              Another outstanding vid.

              Can't wait .. should have plenty of time for this MGL as me and the wife will be made redundant next week, so i get to look to the positives... MGL !!

              Good luck with looking for a new job, hope you find one you enjoy, but not too soon

              I put in for a voluntary redundancy 18months ago when about 50 were offered and didn't get it, been working there nearly 20 years......company is losing money now.....I wait in hope Wife has a nice job, I'm gunna play some games and ride my bike
              Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

              Comment


              • #8
                My noms are in.
                I'm liking the Tron theme but also assuming that because of spinners that no Tron game is eligible?

                I'm sure everyone knows about the hidden PAC-MAN in the background of the Tron movie... ?


                Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BandontheRun View Post
                  My noms are in.
                  I'm liking the Tron theme but also assuming that because of spinners that no Tron game is eligible?
                  Sadly you are right, it would be great to be able to play Tron in the MGL. And it's not only the spinner, it's the combination with the 8 way joystick and fire button. A beautiful machine.

                  Originally posted by BandontheRun View Post
                  I'm sure everyone knows about the hidden PAC-MAN in the background of the Tron movie... ?
                  I am sure not everyone has seen the original Tron movie. Not only can you see Pac-man, you can hear the game woka woka woka sounds ... as you can see there are still quite a few pills to be eaten ...

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7f0eLDF3V0


                  MGLXLIII - Arcade Firepower - on now!

                  https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...cade-firepower

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I missed the last two. I'm NOT missing this one! Glad to be a part of an elite group of outstanding players. I've said it before and I'll say it again, hats off to Paul for keeping the MGL torch lit all these years. Paul's perseverance is quite obvious. I think this one is going to be a lot of fun. I will make time for it that's for sure. Good luck to everyone!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rat View Post
                      Good luck with looking for a new job, hope you find one you enjoy, but not too soon

                      I put in for a voluntary redundancy 18months ago when about 50 were offered and didn't get it, been working there nearly 20 years......company is losing money now.....I wait in hope Wife has a nice job, I'm gunna play some games and ride my bike
                      Was a bit of shock as the company when into voluntary admin, it wasn't about money , right up until the admin being called in we where forward planning , giving pay rises , spending on improvements etc ...

                      Even the administrators are unsure why they decided to shut it down so could possibly be a disagreement between the two directors or a failing marriage .. or just not a great time to be in retail..

                      My wife had worked for the company for 13 yrs and myself for 9.5 , due to exposure to cancelling leases we are not sure at this stage if we will get our entitlements ..
                      fingers crossed they work that out soon so i know if i'm having a holiday or heart attack

                      Anyway more time for MGL Shenanigans !!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Superb presentation ! Always as much inspiration OOO
                        I hope to have more time for this MGL ...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by OOO View Post
                          Sadly you are right, it would be great to be able to play Tron in the MGL. And it's not only the spinner, it's the combination with the 8 way joystick and fire button. A beautiful machine.



                          I am sure not everyone has seen the original Tron movie. Not only can you see Pac-man, you can hear the game woka woka woka sounds ... as you can see there are still quite a few pills to be eaten ...

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7f0eLDF3V0
                          My mate has this. He found it still in the box back in the late 90's
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	troncab.gif
Views:	1
Size:	358.5 KB
ID:	1820682

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Batfink View Post
                            Was a bit of shock as the company when into voluntary admin, it wasn't about money , right up until the admin being called in we where forward planning , giving pay rises , spending on improvements etc ...

                            Even the administrators are unsure why they decided to shut it down so could possibly be a disagreement between the two directors or a failing marriage .. or just not a great time to be in retail..

                            My wife had worked for the company for 13 yrs and myself for 9.5 , due to exposure to cancelling leases we are not sure at this stage if we will get our entitlements ..
                            fingers crossed they work that out soon so i know if i'm having a holiday or heart attack

                            Anyway more time for MGL Shenanigans !!
                            I hope everything turns out OK and I am sure everyone here agrees. And that part on MGL Shenanigans, absolutely, enjoy it while you can ...

                            - - - Updated - - -

                            Originally posted by SMK View Post
                            I missed the last two. I'm NOT missing this one!
                            It's great that you can make this one as the MGL is full of great challenges and surprises.

                            Everyone who plays and gives it their best shot, whether 1st or last position on the boards ... well in my book they are all part of an elite group of outstanding players.
                            Outstanding is what you want to make of it ... set some goals and go for it ...

                            - - - Updated - - -

                            Originally posted by fok999 View Post
                            I hope to have more time for this MGL ...
                            I hope with your scores you can find some more game bugs and post them like you did for Qix and Pac-man.
                            And you have to stop drinking that cheap beer ...

                            - - - Updated - - -

                            Originally posted by gadzooks View Post
                            My mate has this. He found it still in the box back in the late 90's
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]110731[/ATTACH]
                            OMG ... someone please pass me a towel, I can't stop drooling!!! ... ... if your mate is interested, I'd like to buy that machine.

                            Miranda or DOT, Miranda or DOT, Miranda or DOT?
                            Stuff it, I'll take both! ...
                            Last edited by OOO; 8th July 2017, 11:13 AM.


                            MGLXLIII - Arcade Firepower - on now!

                            https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...cade-firepower

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              MGL 32 ~ Call for nominations is OPEN

                              DoT Environmental is my holy grail of arcade cabs. Used to play that at the Contemporary Hotel Arcade in Walt Disney World when it was brand new.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X