Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 31 analysis

I have done a bit of analysis on how we all engaged with the games threads in MGL 31.

There was a lot of engagement with the first two games as you would expect with classics like Donkey Kong and Pacman. Donkey Kong led MGL 31 in both views and replies. Pacman was second in both.

The remaining games threads dropped off significantly in both views and replies. This may have been players losing interest as the MGL progressed and dropping out or the mix of unusual games selected this time around.

Anteater was the strongest of the remaining games, closely followed by Radical Radial.

Moon Patrol was the weakest game in terms of replies. Hammerin' Harry was the clear loser when it came to views, only getting around half the engagement of Donkey Kong or Pacman. Perhaps this lack of interest in Hammerin' Harry was partly due to the fact that this game fell well out of the range of 'the golden age' of video games which is generally accepted to be from 1978 through to the early 80's. Hammerin' Harry was a 1990 release and looked and played differently to the games we normally play.

During the nine weeks of play we replied to the game threads 849 times and viewed them a total of of 17290 times. If the sticky threads are added to these totals then we posted 935 times and viewed the MGL threads 20007 times. I think that is excellent engagement from all players and interested followers of the MGL.

Thank you from me to all of you for the challenging scores you put up, the tips and strategies you share and for the banter between games (my favourite part).

Also, special thanks to @OOO for running the tournament and to @Arcade King for running the website.

See you all next MGL.

bigredbird

MGL31replies.thumb.JPG.3188eff059a2f1fdc35fa9dc510f1c7c.JPG

MGL31views.thumb.JPG.b683869a12fca8efe4d7a5490bda4916.JPG

Two rules to live your life by:

1. Everything is better with statistics and graphs :)

2. You don't make friends with salad.

Ignore everything else.

Thanks for the analysis @bigredbird.

I like a good graph!

Japan's flag is actually a pie graph

It represents as to how many people who live in Japan are from Japan ...hehe!:p:p

Not to mention that cool 3D scrolling effect...

My nerdiness needs to correct this - it's parallax scrolling - and yes, it was very very cool in Moon Patrol. Don't quote me, but Moon Patrol was probably one of the first games to do it, or at least do it really well.

:)

My nerdiness needs to correct this - it's parallax scrolling - and yes, it was very very cool in Moon Patrol. Don't quote me, but Moon Patrol was probably one of the first games to do it, or at least do it really well.

:)

Thanks - I had known that term but neglected to use it. Thanks for setting the record straight!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade