Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLVIII - Game 11 ~ Sindbad Mystery (closes 15-Aug)

Treasure hunt ...

MGLXLVIII – Game 11 ~ Sindbad Mystery

Nominated by gamer: @lasice

ROMSet: SindbadM

haDBbUW.png

Game Story:

You control Sindbad as he wanders through the maze trying to find the treasure.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 15-Aug-2021, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 11 … For the brave ...

r4Z8lLJ.jpg

26,100 - rubbish score, but I've forgotten the patterns (pleased that I remembered the one for level one). Managed to get to Level 4, but really should get over 30k by end of level 3 and any less is just not that good sind0001.png.817c9f74b330c85c1435244dc601f0de.png
  • Like 2

26,100 - rubbish score, but I've forgotten the patterns (pleased that I remembered the one for level one). Managed to get to Level 4, but really should get over 30k by end of level 3 and any less is just not that good [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2222715}[/ATTACH]

I still like your score, and it's great to see you have a go. There's plenty of game time left for you to work out your patterns. Maybe a PB too?

I still like your score, and it's great to see you have a go. There's plenty of game time left for you to work out your patterns. Maybe a PB too?

Trouble is Mame doesn't seem to like my controller and it is really difficult to play with keyboard. If I had played with controller I would have fancied easily beating this, although for old times sake I might have a few more goes (this is a game I really, really like)

Trouble is Mame doesn't seem to like my controller and it is really difficult to play with keyboard. If I had played with controller I would have fancied easily beating this, although for old times sake I might have a few more goes (this is a game I really, really like)

Maybe a new controller, or new joystick upgrade, is what's needed to improve all your game playing in MAME? :unsure

Another hidden classic game from the golden age of arcades that I've discovered thanks to MGL. While that last sentence was 100% pure sarcasm I'm sure that somewhere out there there's someone who thinks this is the greatest game of all time. More power to that person but this game isn't for me. While I'm currently in a 14 day home quarantine I've got better things to do than play this game.

Submit for Jump Bug then exit stage left. It's time to go.

0000.png.8a465d0c7907aa436e0ab23b27e7fd89.png

Another hidden classic game from the golden age of arcades that I've discovered thanks to MGL. While that last sentence was 100% pure sarcasm I'm sure that somewhere out there there's someone who thinks this is the greatest game of all time. More power to that person but this game isn't for me. While I'm currently in a 14 day home quarantine I've got better things to do than play this game.

Submit for Jump Bug then exit stage left. It's time to go.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0000.png Views:\t12 Size:\t2.3 KB ID:\t2223105","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2223105","data-size":"large"}[/ATTACH]

I remember reading this post from Netherworld ...

Now, as for our interstate and international guests, things are a bit crunchier. As it stands with most states, Brisbane is currently a hot spot. So you can absolutely come to Brisbane, but you are going to hit a snag when you return home. Depending on how quickly each state unwinds the hot spot declaration after our current restrictions end on the 16th, by coming to town you risk being liable for a 14 day isolation when you return.

It seems like you went to Netherworld knowing you would have a 14 day home quarantine? We've got it just as bad now in Western Sydney as a hot spot, with the latest lockdown measures due to covid-19 outbreaks. It goes till Aug-28, that's another 4 weeks, and the number of cases has been rising steadily each day.

I think if you love Willow, you gotta love Sindbad Mystery ... :lol

I remember reading this post from Netherworld ...

Now, as for our interstate and international guests, things are a bit crunchier. As it stands with most states, Brisbane is currently a hot spot. So you can absolutely come to Brisbane, but you are going to hit a snag when you return home. Depending on how quickly each state unwinds the hot spot declaration after our current restrictions end on the 16th, by coming to town you risk being liable for a 14 day isolation when you return.

It seems like you went to Netherworld knowing you would have a 14 day home quarantine? We've got it just as bad now in Western Sydney as a hot spot, with the latest lockdown measures due to covid-19 outbreaks. It goes till Aug-28, that's another 4 weeks, and the number of cases has been rising steadily each day.

I think if you love Willow, you gotta love Sindbad Mystery ... :lol

For the record.

Yes I went up there knowing full well the potential consequences of my actions. The SA government backflipped on their announcement that the QLD border restrictions were being removed the day before I was due to fly up there when QLD decided to keep the mask requirements in place after 2 new cases were detected.

Yes I am well aware of the current situation in Sydney and also the fact that Melbourne were locked down for 120 days in one hit and 5 times overall. In comparison I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WHINGE ABOUT and ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO COMMENT and will refrain from doing so after this post.

My mention of being in isolation was meant to show that while I have plenty of time on my hands for the next 10 days I'd rather not waste that time playing this game. In hindsight I should've just posted a score and a screenshot and not said a word but I didn't and instead painted myself as a typical whining, hard done by South Australian Arsehole which the older I get is probably an accurate description.

My apologies for any offence my previous post caused.

• Like 3

For the record.

Yes I went up there knowing full well the potential consequences of my actions. The SA government backflipped on their announcement that the QLD border restrictions were being removed the day before I was due to fly up there when QLD decided to keep the mask requirements in place after 2 new cases were detected.

Yes I am well aware of the current situation in Sydney and also the fact that Melbourne were locked down for 120 days in one hit and 5 times overall. In comparison I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WHINGE ABOUT and ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO COMMENT and will refrain from doing so after this post.

My mention of being in isolation was meant to show that while I have plenty of time on my hands for the next 10 days I'd rather not waste that time playing this game. In hindsight I should've just posted a score and a screenshot and not said a word but I didn't and instead painted myself as a typical whining, hard done by South Australian Arsehole which the older I get is probably an accurate description.

My apologies for any offence my previous post caused.

No offence taken. Good to hear your thoughts and what happened. Not every game we play in the MGL draw is a favourite, like Crush Roller for some, and Sindbad Mystery this time for you. Don't worry, it's all good ... :023: Game On!

Pessimeister: 15300

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2224315}[/ATTACH]

That wasn't me in 5th place but I can understand the reaction.

The guy gets around, 4th on my machine

• Like 2