Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLVIII - Game 1 ~ Canyon Bomber (closes 4-Jul)

1977 all over again ...

MGLXLVIII – Game 1 ~ Canyon Bomber

Nominated by gamer: @RichyS

ROMSet: Canyon

YQ396eb.png

Game Story:

Blimps and biplanes fly by and drop bombs into a canyon.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 4-Jul-2021, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 1 … Don't miss it ...

XDYNZ4K.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

329 million billions!...j/k its just the 329 really :)

LOL, from left to right, that's what it says. But for team black, it's 329 points. A nice start, and plenty of dropping bombs into the canyon to come ... :073:

Pessimeister: 411

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2215024}[/ATTACH]

Interesting ancient shmup - never played it before. Permafrostick's mark of "1, 324" on Retro Uprising is going to take some beating. Accuracy and a bit of luck required. :)

This game has not been played in the MGL before either. One of the early video games, as you can see in the 2 colours, and just the one button for action. The controls are even simpler than Space Invaders, which came out one year later.

Took a shot at the two 3's on the left and missed by a pixel otherwise this would've been a bit higher

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":2215161}[/ATTACH]

Why didn't you go for the easier to hit 1s and 2s on the right, before the hard to hit 3s on the left? :unsure

Why didn't you go for the easier to hit 1s and 2s on the right, before the hard to hit 3s on the left? :unsure

I was flying right to left at the time. Why didn't I go for the easier to hit 3s and 4s in the left valley? I've been asking myself the same question ever since. :hairpull:

• Like 1

got past the first screen, on the second there was plenty of easy points still left for the taking but had a bit of a rush of blood to the head. I have got over 1k before on this, I’ll be happy if I can do it here again

CD9E9758-209E-4564-8915-25FF3D276635.jpeg.4d6a573cc973ad4bbd8fb9bf825fdcc5.jpeg