Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLVII - Game 3 ~ Vs. Excitebike (closes 25-Apr)

Get Ready, Get Set ...

MGLXLVII – Game 3 ~ Vs. Excitebike

Nominated by gamer: Blackflag82

ROMSet: 0.106-0.146: excitebk - "Vs. Excitebike"

0.146u1-0.172: excitebka - "Vs. Excitebike (set EB4-3 ?)"

0.173-0.222: excitebko - "Vs. Excitebike (set EB4-3 ?)"

uROf3if.png

Game Story:

Excitebike is a motocross racing video game developed and published by Nintendo. In Japan, it was released for the Famicom in 1984 and then ported to arcades as Vs. Excitebike for the Nintendo Vs. System later the same year. In North America, it was initially released for arcades in 1985 and then as a launch title for the Nintendo Entertainment System later the same year. It is the first game in the Excite series.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 25-Apr-2021, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 3 … Crazy Jumps …

Never played before in the 16 year history of the MGL ...

1WHftbh.jpg

• Like 3

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is somewhat symbolic to me of the decline of Arcades. I remember my friend got the NES with Robby the Robot for Christmas in 1985. The home versions of Kung Fu Master, Super Mario Bros and Excitebike were just as good if not better than the arcade.

ive always enjoyed this game and can play it on both horizontal and vertical monitors.

• Like 1

This game is somewhat symbolic to me of the decline of Arcades. I remember my friend got the NES with Robby the Robot for Christmas in 1985. The home versions of Kung Fu Master, Super Mario Bros and Excitebike were just as good if not better than the arcade.

ive always enjoyed this game and can play it on both horizontal and vertical monitors.

Vs. Excitebike is a port of the console version Excitebike on Famicom. So not surprising it looks just as good on both platforms. Normally it's the other way round, arcade first then console, and arcade with much better graphics, designed for arcade superior technology and coin swallowing, than the early consoles with lower quality game.

• Like 1

Am I the only one "working" today? :P

LOL. Maybe the others are still pumping up their tyres :lol

Anyways, once you work out your jumping and landings, and that you can fang it on the track, everyone will do fine.

• Like 1

Pessimeister: 77, 030

0007.png.5cf803d655c04afff36d087810caa466.png

The first game to come to mind that I've played which is a bit similar is BMX Kidz on C64. It also makes me think of Kikstart I&II, two great games I really loved as a kid.

After an hour or so stunt making on the excitebike, Cream's "Rollin' & Tumblin'" also sprang to mind. ;) There'll be more where that came from, methinks...

• Like 3

39,435 - never played this before:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\texcitebko_39435.png Views:\t30 Size:\t4.6 KB ID:\t2202365","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2202365","data-size":"full","title":"excitebko_39435.png"}[/ATTACH]

I think most gamers haven't either. I remember BITD playing this game on the "red tent", the special Nintendo sit down cab. It was a very popular game, and there were many great hits made for that machine, eg Ice Climber. It was a 2 coin game when it was released.