Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLVII - Game 1 ~ Venture (closes 18-Apr)

Rooms of Death …

MGLXLVII – Game 1 ~ Venture

Nominated by gamer: BandontheRun

ROMSet 106: venture (version 5 set 1)

Bonus Life: 20000

Lives: 3

ThEkGMD.png

Game Story:

Guide your brave explorer 'Winky' through the depths of different dungeon levels while collecting 'treasures' from each room and avoiding the dreaded 'Hall Monsters'. Shooting the various room occupants is not necessary, but it will add some additional points to your score.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 18-Apr-2021, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 1 … Extreme Danger …

Never played before in the 16 year history of the MGL:

IijqQ6l.jpg

• Like 2

There's a reason why this game has one of the biggest beefiest joysticks ever conceived, the control scheme was built by sloths. The slower and more unresponsive it is the better they thought.

So this is a tough title on the original arcade machine then?

Not much could be harder than Venture, let's go with hard.

OK will do ... :)

Just so everyone is aware, all of the games for MGL47 have already been drawn. It is now a matter of which games are to be released and when. So a request for hard game now is from the games that have already been drawn.

Game 2 will be posted in the next 15 minutes. Good grief, it's tough, but it's very very fun ... :cool:

For all those peeps ordering trackballs and such it would be great if those games came a little later so there is time for deliveries to arrive. Just sayin. :)

Yes that's a good idea. I actually thought about it a few days ago, and didn't want to give it away of what I would do, but it will be as you say. How late? That I cannot say ... :rolleyes

I'd also add that paddle, trackball and dual stick games were aplenty in the draw pool.

Game on!

Keeping with the venture dungeon theme, Paul continues to torcher his students with long pauses of stress induced taunting :)

LOL. You guys nominate the games, so I think it's more like self torture. I just dig the knife deeper to put some real feeling into the game :lol.

The line up of what you gamers suggested is really outstanding, so full credit to those who nominated. We are going to have a tremendous tourney!

Have you played this before?

Not by choice and not a lot either, I just know the controls are the worst that I have ever played with. The designers decided to make it so that the first few detections of joystick direction will only turn the way the character is facing and then a few frames later it will start to move in that direction. There also just seems to be some lag, so quick direction changes are very slow or don't happen if you move back and forth. Overall very poor quality control and game play issues as well.

• Like 2

Pessimeister: 28, 310

0004.png.fcc7f56e1be4c5eb94e0ba0e9f55f4de.png

I'd heard about this game in the past, but have never played it before. Game play reminds me of the early dungeon crawler roguelikes, especially "Gateway to Apshai" (a part of the Temple of Apshai trilogy) on C64 which I did play as a kid. Only this game is certainly crazier and faster. The screen transitions so far can be pretty wild and dangerous.

The movement takes a bit to get used to but given the genre I'm pretty tolerant. Happy enough to beat the second level - that took awhile!

Duaber's 35 k has already been beaten by the mighty redelf but it looks like a good target score on RetroUprising: http://www.retrouprising.com/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=stats&gameid=6589

Good to be back into the fray; have fun everyone. :)

• Like 1

Nice.

8 rooms done.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tventure-28560.png Views:\t8 Size:\t2.1 KB ID:\t2201138","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2201138","data-size":"full","title":"venture-28560.png"}[/ATTACH]

Good stuff.

Better good stuff.

Better better good stuff.

The top score for now. Game on!

• Like 1