This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see youall in the centipede/Millipede/Missile command/Tempest or what ever might be....and may all your games be good.
    Hi Ace1942 I like the custom controller - you'll need a third button for Missile Command.

Yours looks like a left handed setup with the buttons on the right while the arcade machines were the other way.

X-Arcade hedged their bets on the trackball controller with the three buttons duplicated to suit either preference.

Regards, John

more from John's Retro Workshop - www.jbtech.linkpc.net

Comment

Originally posted by jbtech View Post

Hi Ace1942 I like the custom controller - you'll need a third button for Missile Command.

Yours looks like a left handed setup with the buttons on the right while the arcade machines were the other way.

X-Arcade hedged their bets on the trackball controller with the three buttons duplicated to suit either preference.

Regards, John
      Thanks mate,

Wasn't sure about how many buttons I might need, thanks for the heads up. I can put another in fairly easily if Missile Command comes up.

To be honest I threw it together pretty quick without a lot of planning. Also knowing I will be building something a lot nicer down the track, its a bit of a test setup.
      I'm ordering a spinner now as well so will need to squeeze that in somewhere. Joystick + Trackball + Spinner...hmmm I might need to develop a modular panel to keep it lap sized.

Comment

the latest addition to my arsenal

Comment

Got my Atari fight stick today and loving it. Better response and no ghosting of controls that I have seen yet. X-Arcade was exhibiting ghosting and also not allowing buttons to be pressed over and over so I couldn't string together a long string of shots or action. The thing is a monster compared to X-Arcade too, almost 2x heavier and 20% more surface area. Going to be putting in the spinner later on and test that out too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracey View Post
            Looks fantastic. What a great buy!
            WCE5 - World Championship of eSports 2021 - on now!

Comment

Tracy - did you make or buy that? I try and play Robotron with joystick and 4 buttons but it isn't great. There are some scores over at MARP of people getting 500k+ playing with keyboard!

Comment

Originally posted by RichyS View Post
                There are some scores over at MARP of people getting 500k+ playing with keyboard!
                That's insane

Comment

Originally posted by RichyS View Post

Tracy - did you make or buy that? I try and play Robotron with joystick and 4 buttons but it isn't great. There are some scores over at MARP of people getting 500k+ playing with keyboard!
                  I bought it. One of the members of the Williams group made it. He is uk based so he can probably make you one and get it posted https://retrostick84.wixsite.com/mysite is his website. Its really good quality so definately recommended.

Comment

Got my X-Arcade 2 player tank stick with trackball yesterday. It's FAR bigger than I expected.
                    I haven't tried the trackball part yet but I have to say I don't like the springy paddle joysticks at all for general arcade games.
                    I think my friends will like it for fighting games though... I think.

Right now the track ball is really the only benefit to what was a rather expensive joystick. I think in hindsight a simple trackball device would have been better.
                    Anyway, we shall see how it plays for the games it's needed.
                    Playing - MGLXLVII - ROBOCADE
                    I will also be streaming most attempts at the games, learning as I go and sharing what I learn - https://www.twitch.tv/80sarcadekid

Comment

... Williams Defender Players Unite Facebook group if you have heard of it. Mainly Defender, Stargate and Robotron fans plus a few Jousters in there as well. Loads of really nice guys with a variety of different skill levels ranging from beginner to being able to roll it on maximum difficulty settings.
                      I'm really interested in checking out this group being that I've been an avid player of Williams games since the early 80's (managed to roll all 4 titles). I tried to find the group on Facebook but got an error when trying to access it ("This Content Isn't Available Right Now. When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.).

If you have a link that would be great. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SMK View Post

I'm really interested in checking out this group being that I've been an avid player of Williams games since the early 80's (managed to roll all 4 titles). I tried to find the group on Facebook but got an error when trying to access it ("This Content Isn't Available Right Now. When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.).

If you have a link that would be great. Thanks!
                        Looks like its set as a private group check your inbox and add me and i can add you

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                        Working...
                        X