Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLVI - Game 10 ~ The Amazing Adventures of Mr. F. Lea (closes 24-Jan)

Judge me by my size do you? …

MGLXLVI – Game 10 ~ The Amazing Adventures of Mr. F. Lea

Nominated by gamer: Jlemory1

ROMSet 106: mrflea

HEMbKHV.png

Game Story:

You play a flea whose name is Mr. F. Lea. You must guide him past various obstacles and hazards on a number of levels.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 24-Jan-2021, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 10 … Tail Wagging Capers …

Never played before in the 16 year history of the MGL.

O3ryIPR.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTE... DIPs were updated since 0.106 which affect Bonus Life.

For versions of MAME 0.139u2 or later, DIP settings above translate as Bonus Life = None, which is not default for these versions.

Nerd detail for anyone for whom this makes sense...

Before 0.139u2

PORT_START /* DSW1 */

PORT_DIPNAME( 0x03, 0x03, "Bonus?" )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x03, "A" )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x02, "B" )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x01, "C" )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x00, "D" )

PORT_DIPNAME( 0x04, 0x04, DEF_STR( Unknown ) )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x04, DEF_STR( Off ) )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x00, DEF_STR( On ) )

PORT_DIPNAME( 0x08, 0x08, DEF_STR( Unknown ) )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x08, DEF_STR( Off ) )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x00, DEF_STR( On ) )

0.139u2 or later

PORT_START("DSW1")

PORT_DIPNAME( 0x0f, 0x07, DEF_STR( Bonus_Life ) )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x07, "Every 10k" )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x06, "Every 20k" )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x05, "Every 30k" )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x04, "Every 40k" )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x03, "10k only" )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x02, "20k only" )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x01, "30k only" )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x00, "40K only" )

PORT_DIPSETTING( 0x0f, DEF_STR( None ) )

... 0x03 + 0x04 + 0x08 = 0x0f.

Quod Errata Demonstrandum?

Quod Erat Nostradamus??

:blink:

• Like 1

So for 0.139 and later the "Bonus Life" is "None"? or am I missing something.... @terencew

According to MAME source, yeah... to be precise, 0.140 or later - the change happened on a partial update to 0.139.

Thank god they don't do those partials any more.

Will play a few games on 0.106 tomorrow... it's nearly 4am over here, and my stupid head can't focus long enough to get past 10k to check!

But simply put, if you can see scores associated with the Bonus DIP, and not just letters, then best set to "None"

• Like 2

According to MAME source, yeah... to be precise, 0.140 or later - the change happened on a partial update to 0.139.

Thank god they don't do those partials any more.

Will play a few games on 0.106 tomorrow... it's nearly 4am over here, and my stupid head can't focus long enough to get past 10k to check!

But simply put, if you can see scores associated with the Bonus DIP, and not just letters, then best set to "None"

Thanks for the reply :) I'll play on Bonus Life"None" :cool:

Pessimeister: 21, 060

0004.png.e0c238e25d9c7eb7f331ceb49cb0c055.png

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​

Add a fourth guy to Rob's post who said "And dogs...got to sneak my family dog in!" The game feels more like a novelty event than an actual game. Cheery and silly. The high score strobe made me feel like I was at an Arcade Rave party.

Edited by Pessimeister
  • Like 2

Pacific Novelty co. Circa 1982:

"Lets make a Donkey Kong clone"

"No. I want a Frogger clone"

"No. I want a Jungle Hunt clone"

After a night of cheap Tequila and a dodgy batch of LSD.

"Why not make all 3"

and throw in a Tron-style screen selection for good measure :D

• Like 1

First time ever played - 9,020.

It is like a shit Gorf :)

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"mrflea_9020.png","data-attachmentid":2186239}[/ATTACH]

Gorf doesn't make me laugh. This game does. It's a 4 in 1 as well ... Frogger, Donkey Kong, Moon Patrol and Jungle King. Gorf is great sounds and unfancy game play ... :sleep

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":2186225}[/ATTACH]

I'd love to find one of these cabs, but they're rarer than hen's teeth. I saw one for sale online not too long ago, but it was converted to something else.:cry

It would be great to have the real cab of this game. Extremely rare and it does embody various other classic games into his one. Hope you can dig one up. Craigslist history might be helpful. And then a photo in this thread in 2 years time of your restoration. Not hoping for too much eh? ... :rolleyes

• Like 1

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tTER_mrflea_2021-01-08_wolf227_32390.png Views:\t23 Size:\t1.5 KB ID:\t2186214","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2186214","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

Bonus Life = None

BANG .. a very nice score!

I am going to check out that Bonus A in 106 now. Get back to you soon.

• Like 1

Pessimeister: 21, 060

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-tempid":"temp_162093_1610012395244_540"}[/ATTACH]wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​

Add a fourth guy to Rob's post who said "And dogs...got to sneak my family dog in!" The game feels more like a novelty event than an actual game. Cheery and silly. The high score strobe made me feel like I was at an Arcade Rave party.

The strobe worked alright. You got blinded and forgot your screenshot ... :o

As per the post from Terence, I checked the 106 Bonus A, and it is NONE for later versions of MAME. So what Terence has posted is correct. NONE is the bonus, meaning you get no bonus. Please make sure you play your games at this setting. Now back to being a mighty flea!

0HuOLRA.gif

• Like 1