Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGLXLV - Game 10 ~ Moon Cresta (closes 1-Nov)

Collapse

MGLXLV - Arcade Have a Go

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Charlie Milne View Post
    20260

    finding it hard to zen with this game

    Click image for larger version

Name:	D8B9854E-CAB3-4CD0-97AE-AF2974BE0838.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	2170949
    All things new take time to get used to. Especially arcade games of the golden age. They're tough as.

    Just keep shooting, docking, dodging and learning. It will all come together eventually.


    MGLXLV - Arcade Have A Go - on now!

    https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2159551

    Comment


    • #17
      44660

      Rusty

      Click image for larger version

Name:	moon0007.png
Views:	61
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	2171046
      "Beer, it does a belly good!"

      Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

      Comment


      • #18
        37,120
        Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	66
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	2171066
        I don't know why my snapshot is like this, sorry.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Arcadinator View Post
          37,120
          Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	66
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	2171066
          I don't know why my snapshot is like this, sorry.
          Must be hard playing this game with such a narrow screen ...


          MGLXLV - Arcade Have A Go - on now!

          https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2159551

          Comment


          • #20
            11390

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by OOO View Post

              All things new take time to get used to. Especially arcade games of the golden age. They're tough as.

              Just keep shooting, docking, dodging and learning. It will all come together eventually.
              This game is from 1980, that's pre-Galaga. The first challenge in this game for me was to get 2 successful docks using my first ship. Like in Galaga, when you get extra fire power - as long as you can keep it, the game becomes easier. It's that first ship with the single shot fire that is the most difficult.

              I actually nominated this game because it is a recent addition to my BitKit board. That board has lots of these very early, challenging games.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by BandontheRun View Post

                This game is from 1980, that's pre-Galaga. The first challenge in this game for me was to get 2 successful docks using my first ship. Like in Galaga, when you get extra fire power - as long as you can keep it, the game becomes easier. It's that first ship with the single shot fire that is the most difficult.

                I actually nominated this game because it is a recent addition to my BitKit board. That board has lots of these very early, challenging games.
                Looks like your BitKit board will get a good work out ...


                MGLXLV - Arcade Have A Go - on now!

                https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2159551

                Comment


                • #23
                  Pessimeister: 26, 080

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	0004.png
Views:	59
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	2171267

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Day 2 of 17 ...

                    Plenty of action in this one ...





                    MGLXLV - Arcade Have A Go - on now!

                    https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2159551

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      18,080
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	0017.png
Views:	60
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	2171298
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        17240
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	mooncrst.png
Views:	113
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	2171390
                        1st attempt...never been very good at this one

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by CrazyKongFan View Post
                          17240
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	mooncrst.png
Views:	113
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	2171390
                          1st attempt...never been very good at this one
                          Maybe now's the time?


                          MGLXLV - Arcade Have A Go - on now!

                          https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2159551

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            27,620

                            Click image for larger version  Name:	SMK_mooncrst_27,620_wolf106.png Views:	0 Size:	2.3 KB ID:	2171580

                            I set a new arcade pb back in 2000. It's around 87k. Prior to that, it was 78k which I achieved when the game first came out (damn I'm old). I remember playing it in the back of a laundry mat. I think they also had a Pleiades next to it. Always loved this game.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Pessimeister: 37, 680

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	0005.png
Views:	62
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	2171740
                              Those meteorite screen transitions can be pretty brutal.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by SMK View Post
                                27,620

                                Click image for larger version Name:	SMK_mooncrst_27,620_wolf106.png Views:	0 Size:	2.3 KB ID:	2171580

                                I set a new arcade pb back in 2000. It's around 87k. Prior to that, it was 78k which I achieved when the game first came out (damn I'm old). I remember playing it in the back of a laundry mat. I think they also had a Pleiades next to it. Always loved this game.
                                Haha. When I first saw Moon Cresta after it had just been released in the arcades, I thought it was very novel to have 3 types of ships. The game music is also fun. It still is a very good game, and seems to be harder than Galaga, judging by all the scores posted in the last 35 years for both games.


                                MGLXLV - Arcade Have A Go - on now!

                                https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2159551

                                Comment

                                Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X