Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLV - Game 8 ~ Joust (closes 25-Oct)

Buzzards on the go …

MGLXLV – Game 8 ~ Joust

Nominated by gamer: Tracey

ROMSet 106: joust (white/green label)

Jf92QjH.png

49zDo4V.png

Game Story:

You are a knight flying on an ostrich, battling buzzard-mounted enemies. To fly, you repeatedly hit the flap button. To topple the Buzzard-Riders, the highest lance wins.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 25-Oct-2020, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed. *** You cannot kill more than ten [10] pteradactyls per wave ***.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 8 … Birds of terror …

EWSAvQ9.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":2168988}[/ATTACH]

Ugh! Yet another game I've never been good at, and that I don't enjoy grinding. But err... have at you, I guess?

Now is maybe the time to try and learn how to play this game better? You know what needs to be done in concept, learning the positions to be in the waves, and flapping the right number of times, plus patterns to collect the eggs. It's the only way, as you know, to get better scores.

Considering I've never got the hang of this game in the 35+ years it's been out I just can't see myself suddenly becoming world class at it in the next 2 weeks.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0000.png Views:\t22 Size:\t4.3 KB ID:\t2169059","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2169059","data-size":"large"}[/ATTACH]

How about just an improvement without grinding. ie like I posted to Terence? BurgerTime has patterns of play, and you learnt that very well. Maybe on this game just some general improvements on how to play better, will give you better scores.

All these arcade games are about learning and trying your best. The learning part is very important. A bit of luck can be very helpful. Being able to kill 10 pterodactyls increases your score as well.

:)

Pessimeister: 39, 300

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0001.png Views:\t0 Size:\t4.5 KB ID:\t2169164","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2169164","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

I really enjoyed it when we played Joust 2 which was the most "jousting" I'd ever done before. So it'll be good to fix the somewhat blasphemous feeling of not having played much of the first game.

En guarde! :)

Well there's plenty of action in this one!

• Like 1