Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGLXLV - Game 7 ~ Yie Ar Kung-Fu (closes 18-Oct)

Collapse

MGLXLV - Arcade Have a Go

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	yiearlife.png
Views:	40
Size:	329 Bytes
ID:	2170741
    "谢谢!" I think...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Milne View Post

got a nice 90k kick from a perfect sword, went on to blues with 3 lives in hand and he destroyed me.

Name:	E8E57A37-6B0D-47A0-9341-4AC92A25D72C.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	2170731
      You did great with that score, but like you say, Blues fights like a demon.

MGLXLV - Arcade Have A Go - on now!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2159551

Comment

Day 15 of 17 ...

Mighty combat ...

The sweet taste of victory.

Only 2 days to go until this game is closed.

Comment

A game very deep in the martial arts ...

To see the complete image, right click and select "open image in new tab".

May your blows land well, mighty grasshopper. Not much time left on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by terencew View Post

Name:	yiearlife.png
Views:	40
Size:	329 Bytes
ID:	2170741
            "谢谢!" I think...
            Have no idea what this means, please explain? Never seen this before.

Comment

Name:	TER_yiear_2020-10-16_wolf225_630100.png
Views:	37
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	2170921
              sigpic

Comment

Name:	TER_yiear_2020-10-16_wolf225_630100.png
ID:	2170921
                Outstanding score. Very close to 1st place.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcadinator View Post

Have no idea what this means, please explain? Never seen this before.
                  When you get an extra life, you hear the phrase "xiè-xie" (kinda pronounced "sh-yeah sh-yeah")... means thank you.
                  sigpic

Comment

Name:	TER_yiear_2020-10-17_wolf225_714100.png
ID:	2170954
                    sigpic

Comment

Comment

I have enjoyed this game ever since I played it back in the day on my C64.
                        I have been streaming this game live on Twitch this week to give some players some tips and demonstrate how to get some perfects and how I defeat Blues. Come and join me sometime at twitch.tv/bigredbird1

I am happy to share my tips/strategy and hope it helps you achieve a higher score.

Buchu

I have worked out that there is a possible 50,000 points available on Buchu alone. My best so far on Buchu is in the high 30k range.

Different kicks and punches are worth different values.

The best punch to use on Buchu is ‘joystick left/down’ and punch.

These punches are worth 1000 points each.

However, if you can punch Buchu right in the ballsack when he lifts his leg you will get 5000 points per hit. He will say ‘ni hao’ when you do this. This means hello in Chinese. I left a hint in my first post in the MGL thread where I had hello written in Chinese.

It’s best to perform this punch repeatedly and rapidly to get multiple hits.

Star

Don’t even try to punch or kick the stars that Star throws.

The key to defeating Star is to always keep moving and kick her feet.

I jump continuously diagonally from side to side until I land right on top of Star.

Jump to one side and wait until she throws a couple of stars and then jump to the other side. Use ‘up/right’ and ‘up/left’.

Star normally just runs to the opposite side to you but if you have patience and keep jumping then you will end up landing right on top of her. Quickly kick her feet ‘down/kick’. You can usually get two or three hits and then you should jump away again.

Repeat until she hits the floor.

It’s reasonable easy to get a perfect on a Star for a 20k bonus.

Nuncha

Treat Nuncha pretty much the same as Star

Pole

I keep walking toward Pole and getting him to back up.

With a bit of practice you will be able to gauge the distance where you can hit Pole on the foot with a down/right kick but he can’t quite reach you.

I do a lot of back and forth on the joystick to get close (but not too close) and just do one kick at a time.

Feedle

Feedle is different to the other opponents. There are multiple Feedles to deal with but they are easy to defeat.

I walk to the middle and just use a simple right/kick combo and a left/kick combo to hit each Feedle as it approaches. When the two Feedles come out together on the right I jump over them and wait for the next single ones to appear.

It is easy to get a perfect on Feedle for a bonus 50k.

Chain

Chain is the only opponent that can attack you from the opposite side of the play area.

Chain has a very long chain that can be thrown at low, medium or high heights. If you get close enough to Chain he doesn't throw the chain at all.

At the start of the round I diagonally jump straight across on land on top of Chain. I 'dance' with Chain and quickly and repeatedly kick him on the feet.

It is very easy to get a perfect on Chain with this method for an easy perfect and a 60k bonus.

I never pass Chain unless I get a perfect and get the bonus. If Chain gets one hit on me then I jump away and leech points from kicking the Chain. Each accurate hit on the chain is worth 700 points. Not much, but it adds up if you can last long enough.

This is a fair leech that doesn't offer a ridiculous advantage as the level has a timer and will time out if you survive too long without finishing the round.

It is worth sacrificing a life to get the bonus. The leech points plus the perfect bonus will get you an extra life.

Club

Club is a fairly tough opponent.

I treat him in a similar way to Pole and just walk towards him until he approaches me to attack and then try and get some low punches or kicks in before moving away and repeating.

Fan

Fan is a lot like Star in her movements. If you are far away then she will throw her three fans before moving toward you.

I wait until she has thrown the fans and then jump across and land on her. If I don't land on her then I keep jumping side to side until I do.

When you land on her you can get two or three easy kicks to the feet before jumping away and repeating.

It is easy to get a perfect on Fan with this method for a bonus 80k.

You can leech the fans for points but I find it far too risky. If I get hit once by Fan then I continue to hit her until I get her down to one bar and then let her kill me.

The points on your next life from your attacks and (hopefully) the 80k bonus more than make up for the loss of life.

Sword

I let Sword come to me.

He gets reasonably close before he attacks and with timing you can get a kick in before he swings the sword. This will make him back away.

Keep your distance, wait for him to move in again, and repeat.

I have been able to get a good amount of perfects on Sword for a 90k bonus.

Tonfun

Tonfun can attack you multiple times very quickly. I find it best to try and jump away rather than fight and then re-engage and try to get some hits in first.

Blues

Blues weapon is his speed. He is not afraid to engage and his attacks are relentless.

I find it easy to get Blues down to three bars by waiting in position at the start and repeatedly using left/down punch attack (the Buchu ballsack punch).

When Blues gets to three health bars he really does lose patience and will most likely pound you to death.

As soon as I have him at three bars I change attack to 'left/up kick' and try and get a few kicks to the head to finish him off

The key to high score is getting the perfect bonus on each round. I find it it\s worthwhile to sacrifice a life if I don't get the perfect the first time.
                        I hope this helps you to enjoy the game a bit more. Now... go and kick Buchu in the balls.
                        My Twitch stream -

Comment

Thanks for sharing all your hints and tips bigredbird

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	TER_yiear_2020-10-17_wolf225_714100.png Views:	17 Size:	3.6 KB ID:	2170954
                            "Yie Ar Kung-Fu" ...

Comment

Originally posted by bigredbird View Post
                              I have enjoyed this game ever since I played it back in the day on my C64.
                              I have been streaming this game live on Twitch this week to give some players some tips and demonstrate how to get some perfects and how I defeat Blues. Come and join me sometime at twitch.tv/bigredbird1

I am happy to share my tips/strategy and hope it helps you achieve a higher score.

. . . . . .

The key to high score is getting the perfect bonus on each round. I find it it\s worthwhile to sacrifice a life if I don't get the perfect the first time.
                              I hope this helps you to enjoy the game a bit more. Now... go and kick Buchu in the balls.
                              Awesome write up bigredbird!

There's a lot of time and effort put into learning and posting these super tips and strategy. These hints are the real deal, and will help all gamers to play so much better.

Much higher scores are just around the corner ... ​​

34 hours to go until this game is closed.

Save your dojo.

Comment

Name:	0002.png
Views:	36
ID:	2171028

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X