Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGLXLV - Game 3 ~ The New Zealand Story (closes 27-Sep)

Collapse

MGLXLV - Arcade Have a Go

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MGLXLV - Game 3 ~ The New Zealand Story (closes 27-Sep)

    Near Down Under …

    MGLXLV – Game 3 ~ The New Zealand Story

    Nominated by gamer: Derek

    ROMSet 106: tnzs (world, new version) (P0-043A PCB)



    Game Story:
    You are a kiwi bird in New Zealand trying to save your fellow Kiwi's from an evil Walrus. Very nice graphics and very addictive gameplay. Access levels with jumping, swimming and balloon flying.

    Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 27 Sep 2020, 7pm Sydney time.

    Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

    Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

    GAME 3 … Challenging and cute! …

    Last played OVER 11 years ago.





    MGLXLV - Arcade Have A Go - on now!

    https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2159551

  • #2
    About this game, if I didn't read about it, I wouldn't have believed it. A gamer across The Ditch, actually lives in this game. Bizarre!


    MGLXLV - Arcade Have A Go - on now!

    https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2159551

    Comment


    • #3
      Good choice Derek,

      Probably the most extreme 'secrets' game ever! My first go for 15 years: 75,670

      Click image for larger version

Name:	75670_tnzs.png
Views:	107
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	2161019

      Comment


      • #4
        28530
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image_157029.png Views:	4 Size:	130.9 KB ID:	2161025

        Comment


        • #5
          79,300

          Click image for larger version

Name:	nz.png
Views:	102
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	2161165

          Comment


          • #6
            Pessimeister: 42, 410

            Click image for larger version

Name:	0004.png
Views:	94
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	2161206
            Played this a little bit on the C64 but never really got far. I like the sense of space and exploration.

            Comment


            • #7
              76,740

              No sign of any sheep in the game yet. Are we sure this is set in NZ?

              Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	94
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	2161223

              Comment


              • #8
                32,000

                Click image for larger version

Name:	tnzs 32000.PNG
Views:	88
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	2161260

                Comment


                • #9
                  Cool this game. I'll try more often.

                  24,550
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	90
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	2161284

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RMacauley View Post
                    76,740

                    No sign of any sheep in the game yet. Are we sure this is set in NZ?

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	94
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	2161223
                    Well I don't know about the scenery, but when a game designer calls their game The New Zealand Story, I expect, as a loyal gamer, to be playing in New Zealand. Are you saying because there are no sheep, it can't be New Zealand? This bird Tiki looks a bit like a Kiwi.


                    MGLXLV - Arcade Have A Go - on now!

                    https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2159551

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      89,200 - the sheep comments made me smile. Being Welsh I'm usually on the receiveng end of them from the English

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	89200_tnzs.png
Views:	83
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	2161296

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        63,130

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	tnzs 63130.PNG
Views:	83
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	2161325

                        I sense that Dalar is a comin' to bash some skulls on this game.

                        This is a sort of fun puzzly title.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by OOO View Post

                          Well I don't know about the scenery, but when a game designer calls their game The New Zealand Story, I expect, as a loyal gamer, to be playing in New Zealand. Are you saying because there are no sheep, it can't be New Zealand? This bird Tiki looks a bit like a Kiwi.
                          Considering the number of sheep compared to humans over there I'd have thought one might've snuck in there somewhere. Then again I haven't spotted a human in the game either.

                          As for Tiki he does resemble a Kiwi bird but one whose ancestors may have got a bit frisky with some canaries back in the mists of time. Rare yellow Kiwi's. No wonder the Walrus wants to capture and sell them. Probably worth a fortune

                          Love the place, love the people just don't love the sheep it's a bit dangerous

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RMacauley View Post

                            Considering the number of sheep compared to humans over there I'd have thought one might've snuck in there somewhere. Then again I haven't spotted a human in the game either.

                            As for Tiki he does resemble a Kiwi bird but one whose ancestors may have got a bit frisky with some canaries back in the mists of time. Rare yellow Kiwi's. No wonder the Walrus wants to capture and sell them. Probably worth a fortune

                            Love the place, love the people just don't love the sheep it's a bit dangerous
                            LOL .... well it depends on what you're doing with the sheep. This is a really good game, and I have never played this before. It's a bit like Bubble Bobble and has many many secrets. The walrus is fun bizarre, and the other enemies are just as fun ...



                            MGLXLV - Arcade Have A Go - on now!

                            https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2159551

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by magrinder View Post
                              63,130

                              Click image for larger version  Name:	tnzs 63130.PNG Views:	35 Size:	93.4 KB ID:	2161325

                              I sense that Dalar is a comin' to bash some skulls on this game.
                              You have to try and return the favour ...


                              MGLXLV - Arcade Have A Go - on now!

                              https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2159551

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X