Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGLXLV - Game 2 ~ Cosmic Alien (closes 20-Sep)

Collapse

MGLXLV - Arcade Have a Go

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGLXLV - Game 2 ~ Cosmic Alien (closes 20-Sep)

Which game was first, Galaxian or …

MGLXLV – Game 2 ~ Cosmic Alien

Nominated by gamer: Lexa

ROMSet 106: cosmica (version II set 1)

Game Story:
    This is an early vertical space shooter game. You must destroy all aliens and a special monster that sometimes appears on the screen.

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 20 Sep 2020, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 2 … Universal strikes again …

Never played before in the 16 year history of the MGL.

MGLXLV - Arcade Have A Go - on now!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2159551

Click image for larger version

Name:	cosmic alien 6850.png
Views:	101
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	2161028

Comment

Name:	0011.png
Views:	97
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	2161043
      sigpic

Comment

Name:	0000.png
Views:	94
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	2161045
        sigpic

Comment

Pessimeister: 12, 340

Name:	0002.png
Views:	94
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	2161088
          Gets rather claustrophobic very quickly! The first time a transformed alien struck me was quite a shock. Some tough love here from Universal.

Comment

Originally posted by Pessimeister View Post
            Pessimeister: 12, 340

Click image for larger version  Name:	0002.png Views:	0 Size:	2.1 KB ID:	2161088
            Gets rather claustrophobic very quickly! The first time a transformed alien struck me was quite a shock. Some tough love here from Universal.
            Universal was always scabby with the love part. Cute themes (Lady Bug, Mr Do!, Snap Jack), but deadly outcomes. This one is no different.

Comment

Name:	2020-09-03 23_22_13-MAME_ Cosmic Alien (version II, set 1) [cosmica].png
Views:	89
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	2161144
              Attached Files

Comment

My many and varied thoughts before typing this post:

If you can't say something nice......

Every game is sacred, every game is great......

Universal like hard games and hard games = good games.....

Shhh. The neighbors don't want to hear my frustration........

Find something positive....... anything........ well it's not Crush Roller or Space Chaser......

Ok. Calm down, relax and type the bloody post already

Name:	0000.png
Views:	85
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	2161231

Comment

Pessimeister: 20, 860

Click image for larger version  Name:	0003.png Views:	0 Size:	2.1 KB ID:	2161249
                  Yes, this does somewhat feel like a karmic kind of "Revenge of Space Firebird and Galaxian" with some Universal mwahaha thrown in. The close range shots and sudden changes of direction are absolutely malevolent. If I catch up to my Galaxian score, I'll be happy! That said, the Retro Uprising scores offer some degree of hope with persistence: http://www.retrouprising.com/arcade....ts&gameid=5157

Comment

Name:	cosmica 1240.PNG
Views:	77
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	2161258

Openers. And to loosely quote RM, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. With that said, I've already said too much.

Comment

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post

My many and varied thoughts before typing this post:

If you can't say something nice......

Every game is sacred, every game is great......

Universal like hard games and hard games = good games.....

Shhh. The neighbors don't want to hear my frustration........

Find something positive....... anything........ well it's not Crush Roller or Space Chaser......

Ok. Calm down, relax and type the bloody post already

Click image for larger version  Name:	0000.png Views:	16 Size:	2.3 KB ID:	2161231
                      Mate that was great. Poetry in motion, of a game that, maybe just a tiny tad, doesn't tickle your fancy (well you know what I mean).

Galaxian or Cosmic Alien, which came first, they surely play very similar? Coincidence?

This game moves you up the screen if you play bad, Galaxian doesn't do that! ...

Comment

Originally posted by Pessimeister View Post
                        Pessimeister: 20, 860

Click image for larger version Name:	0003.png Views:	0 Size:	2.1 KB ID:	2161249
                        Yes, this does somewhat feel like a karmic kind of "Revenge of Space Firebird and Galaxian" with some Universal mwahaha thrown in. The close range shots and sudden changes of direction are absolutely malevolent. If I catch up to my Galaxian score, I'll be happy! That said, the Retro Uprising scores offer some degree of hope with persistence: http://www.retrouprising.com/arcade....ts&gameid=5157
                        "Revenge of Space Firebird", now I haven't heard of that before. Sounds like a good sequel name for the video game, great thinking Pessimeister! Probably in this sequel, being a revenge and all, the top score would be about ... 1,500 points, and that's the world record ...

Just joshing ... LOL, Cosmic Alien is a game you can get some good points. It's been on the planet for over 41 years, longer than Jumpman.

Comment

Good game. I didn't know. What file do we have for the game to run with sound?

Comment

Originally posted by magrinder View Post

Name:	cosmica 1240.PNG
Views:	77
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	2161258

Openers. And to loosely quote RM, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. With that said, I've already said too much.
                            Another LOL. "Too much is never enough", and whoever wrote that line, is bonkers, or a singer. Yep, probably a singer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1993 View Post
                              Good game. I didn't know. What file do we have for the game to run with sound?
                              This one ... https://samples.mameworld.info/

But be careful, are you really sure you want to hear the sound, after what Max and Robert posted (or rather didn't post)? ...

Of course you do. I would ...

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X