Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLIV - Game 9 ~ TMNT (closes 16-Aug)

Pizza galore …

MGLXLIV – Game 9 ~ TMNT

Nominated by gamer: Ragequit

ROMSet 106: tmnt (world 4 players)

wqIb9Vm.png

Game Story:

The famous four turtles fight incredible numbers of bad guys to save April O'Neil and Splinter and to defeat their arch-enemies Krang and The Shredder.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 16 August 2020, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

*** You may freely choose your character. To limit leeching, the maximum allowed is 50 points against each boss. You cannot score more than 50 points against each boss. Any more than 50 points against any boss means your score is not valid ***.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 9 … Turtle power …

NOT played in the MGL for over 11 YEARS.

sAOCa0o.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, just as a double reminder ...

*** You may freely choose your character. To limit leeching, the maximum allowed is 50 points against each boss. You cannot score more than 50 points against each boss. Any more than 50 points against any boss means your score is not valid ***.

:)

• Like 1

Hi everyone, just as a double reminder ...

:)

I would also add a ruling against trapping an ordinary enemy, NOT a boss, behind an object and hitting an endless stream of boomerangs for 1 point each. Still leeching and there's no in game timer so can be done indefinitely.

Just a thought

• Like 1

I would also add a ruling against trapping an ordinary enemy, NOT a boss, behind an object and hitting an endless stream of boomerangs for 1 point each. Still leeching and there's no in game timer so can be done indefinitely.

Just a thought

A good thought. As mentioned by Robert, this tactic is also not allowed.

Edited by OOO

73 points

This game has caused me a few headaches back in the day. When it first came out the only way to avoid kids hogging the game during the Sunday lock in sessions at Timezone was to make them form a line behind each turtle, rack up 6 lives each and when they ran out of lives send them to the back of the line. Next 4 players stepped up. Repeat the process for 3 hours. One staff member assigned to Turtles. The other one handled everything else. I spent a lot of time on Sundays working at the bloody TMNT machine for the first month or 2 after it was released.

Cowabunga? More like Cowadunga after a while :moo:

0000.png.2b9086bd6e33bc1d6c7af5e20af70bc9.png

• Like 1

73 points

This game has caused me a few headaches back in the day. When it first came out the only way to avoid kids hogging the game during the Sunday lock in sessions at Timezone was to make them form a line behind each turtle, rack up 6 lives each and when they ran out of lives send them to the back of the line. Next 4 players stepped up. Repeat the process for 3 hours. One staff member assigned to Turtles. The other one handled everything else. I spent a lot of time on Sundays working at the bloody TMNT machine for the first month or 2 after it was released.

Cowabunga? More like Cowadunga after a while :moo:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0000.png Views:\t6 Size:\t33.6 KB ID:\t2152219","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2152219","data-size":"large"}[/ATTACH]

I didn't know this game was so popular. I was not in the arcades at this time of release in 1989. I was a golden duck from the golden era ... :laugh:

I still like TMNT. I love pizza, they love pizza, and the game is something very different to play. No wonder you couldn't forget the experience. Which is the best turtle to pick?

I didn't know this game was so popular. I was not in the arcades at this time of release in 1989. I was a golden duck from the golden era ... :laugh:

I still like TMNT. I love pizza, they love pizza, and the game is something very different to play. No wonder you couldn't forget the experience. Which is the best turtle to pick?

I was mainly there for work by the time TMNT came out. It was during the time that the cartoon was really popular as well. We ended up having a turtles themed lock in. Thankfully the photos of me dressed in the dodgy home made Donatello costume are lost in time. Not a pretty sight and a story for another day. :laugh:

I always picked Donatello but I don't know if one character is better than the rest

• Like 1

I'm sure this is a great game but I never got into it back in the day. At the time the TMNT cartoon was a young kids TV show and being a teenager at the time I was disinterested in it based on that. It also seemed to be a huge coin muncher, basically a poker machine for kids!

0000.png.64f7a824fff5641006331f8d4dbb4854.png

• Like 1

I'm sure this is a great game but I never got into it back in the day. At the time the TMNT cartoon was a young kids TV show and being a teenager at the time I was disinterested in it based on that. It also seemed to be a huge coin muncher, basically a poker machine for kids!

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"0000.png","data-attachmentid":2152561}[/ATTACH]

My kids loved watching the Ninja Turtles cartoons. I even enjoyed the show. But they were more into playing Bubble Bobble doubles than TMNT the video game. But hey, this game plays OK.

Pessimeister: 125

0005.png.74b35143c5ec852a807ea0c5e1920393.png

This was an extremely popular game at my local bowling alley during my short time frequenting the arcade there from around 90-95. Whilst more of a multiplayer game, I loved beat 'em ups as a kid so it still has some nostalgia value. That said, I loved the "Last Ninja" series on C64 even more and so would gently poke fun at the turtles around friends for not being real ninjas. :D

• Like 3

771296409_tmnt58.thumb.PNG.b1f01554957cf0fef1952451bcf6e1e2.PNG

What a joy this game is. I can hardly wait to play this again!!!!!! I've only played a few games so far, but can't figure out how to play any other turtle than whatever the turtle I played with was. Anyway, here's a starter score.

• Like 1

To play as another turtle, simply go into MAME's controls (TAB - input this machine) and change the P1 (Leonardo) P2 (Michaelangelo) P3 (Donatello) and P4 (Raphael) to the setup of the controller / joystick that you're using. I simply used the number keys of 1-4 for my selection shortcuts.

Then for a laugh, you can put in two credits, select two or more turtles and then see yourself using all of them at the same time. ;)

• Like 2

78 - I haven't played this since it was in my Students Union in 1990.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t78_tmnt.png Views:\t13 Size:\t6.5 KB ID:\t2152623","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2152623","data-size":"full","title":"78_tmnt.png"}[/ATTACH]

30 years later, here you are again. For some, that's half a lifetime.

Ah the memories ... Raphael: You don’t flirt with the enemy Leo. You take them down!

And so it is with Game 9.

;)

TURTLE ON!

• Like 1

Wow. I've seen beat up difficult but this one is overcoming.

Good game. I'm a joke on TMNT Haha :laugh:

I died at the beginning of the second phase.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0003.png Views:\t0 Size:\t6.3 KB ID:\t2152621","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2152621","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

Eat more pizza and then maybe you can play better ... :lol

• Like 1

Pessimeister: 125

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2152616}[/ATTACH]

This was an extremely popular game at my local bowling alley during my short time frequenting the arcade there from around 90-95. Whilst more of a multiplayer game, I loved beat 'em ups as a kid so it still has some nostalgia value. That said, I loved the "Last Ninja" series on C64 even more and so would gently poke fun at the turtles around friends for not being real ninjas. :D

We rarely have beat 'em ups played in the MGL. So this is refreshing, and on a good theme too. 125 is very good. You just beat the high score from over 11 years ago, at 98 from Shock_And_Awe. But the high score here, this time round, will go even higher methinks.

• Like 1

I like pizza... so I'll try a few more games.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"pizza.PNG","data-attachmentid":2152681}[/ATTACH]

Great looking shot. You make me hungry already. And I am a big lover of pepperoni. Plenty of it and spicy. Yes my mouth is just drooling now.

"Hey Splinter, lets order 1 large pepperoni, 1 meat special, 1 beef and onion and one ham and pineapple. Your shout, and let's enjoy the party. Cowapizza!"

:donuts:

Tried something that I'd heard about but never tried. It worked well until I saw a much needed pizza and died needlessly.

Speaking of pizza. I'm hungry. Time to place an order :D

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-tempid":"temp_155525_1596194202712_9"}[/ATTACH]wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​

• Like 1

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0002.png Views:\t11 Size:\t6.3 KB ID:\t2152905","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2152905","data-size":"full","title":"0002.png"}[/ATTACH]

Your new avatar looks like the Grim Reaper. Is it the one from the movie "The Meaning Of Life"? ... :lol

• Like 1