Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLIV - Game 8 ~ Do! Run Run (closes 9-Aug)

Oh Mr Do!, you're at it again …

MGLXLIV – Game 8 ~ Do! Run Run

Nominated by gamer: QAOP Spaceman

ROMSet 106: dorunrun (set 1)

tXlz52H.png

Game Story:

This is the fourth and last game in the series where Mr. Do! must collect dots and fruit on a multi-level platform while avoiding pursuing monsters. Enclose the dots to change them to fruit for more points or release traps to crush the monsters or use your power ball to eliminate them. Pick up the letters hidden amongst the fruit to spell "EXTRA" to receive an extra Mr. Do!

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 9 August 2020, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. (Please note these are the default settings for the game). No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 8 … Sensational …

Never played before in the 16 year history of the MGL.

Bnrp2x8.png

• Like 1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I dislike games starring "that evil bloody clown" for some unknown reason I don't mind this one in small doses.

Included as Bigredbird would say "a once in a lifetime opportunity" on round 14

0000.png.391b7871c0196e4d4f471e225071eaeb.png

• Like 2

Pessimeister: 62, 770

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2150259}[/ATTACH]

Ahh, some more Universal love! :) Awesome. Here's calling @bigredbird and @Dazzer_ to share the joy and take up the mantle. The more that Do, the merrier.

Sounds good, let's hope they turn up. It would be fantastic to see them both play this game. Fingers crossed they take the challenge, like everyone else!

:069:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":2150241}[/ATTACH]

Haha. I totally forgot how to play this game (hopefully Dazzer won't see this). Here's a starter score to get on the board.

And when your memory returns, which it will, what will you Do! In score that is ... :lol

As much as I dislike games starring "that evil bloody clown" for some unknown reason I don't mind this one in small doses.

Included as Bigredbird would say "a once in a lifetime opportunity" on round 14

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":2150294}[/ATTACH]

I am not sure why you keep calling this dude an evil clown. Does he remind you of someone, or something? Where does the evil angle come from? :unsure

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":2150241}[/ATTACH]

Haha. I totally forgot how to play this game (hopefully Dazzer won't see this). Here's a starter score to get on the board.

I see EVERYTHING!!!! 👀

• Like 1

Pessimeister: 148, 690

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0005.png Views:\t0 Size:\t4.1 KB ID:\t2150396","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2150396","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

Man, so much fun! The music continues the Universal tradition of being very Sid-ish too. A real joy to play. No diamond yet...

Great to hear from a lover of video games. Don't hear much love here, just a score, and then back to normal life, mowing the lawn.

:popcorn:

I am not sure why you keep calling this dude an evil clown. Does he remind you of someone, or something? Where does the evil angle come from? :unsure

Maybe it's something ingrained in me to try and upset video game characters. You said I upset Q*Bert during a MGL last year. Might be a pattern forming here.

Or maybe it's the fact that Mr Do has been gradually extracting my money from my pocket 20c at a time since 1983 but all I get in return is grief from the monsters who inhabit his world. You'd think that with all the money he's got from me over the years he'd at least buy a powerball that comes back in a timely manner instead of the crappy, outdated one he insists on still using. :rolleyes

• Like 1

Maybe it's something ingrained in me to try and upset video game characters. You said I upset Q*Bert during a MGL last year. Might be a pattern forming here.

Or maybe it's the fact that Mr Do has been gradually extracting my money from my pocket 20c at a time since 1983 but all I get in return is grief from the monsters who inhabit his world. You'd think that with all the money he's got from me over the years he'd at least buy a powerball that comes back in a timely manner instead of the crappy, outdated one he insists on still using. :rolleyes

I like your angle on the powerball upgrade ... :laugh: They made 4 games with Mr Do! 3 of the titles have monsters. Wild Ride is exactly that, extremely dangerous, and you bounce around like a beaten up pinball. No powerball in that one, he traded that in on that title, for some super fast moves. Run Run is the last in the line, they made no more, so this is the time to play this game for the first time, if that makes sense ... :120:

• Super Moderator

doru0000.png.c31e4db5c4c5f5af73d715a985372a68.png

It's only the beginning

But I've already gone and lost my mind

I feel like breaking window panes all up and down my street.......

• Like 2

Look at the smile on that gamer. This game Do!es that to you.

Game on.

Interesting.....

The gamer is smiling while GAME OVER is on the screen.

Does the smile mean "I enjoyed that. I'll drop another quarter and play this awesome game again" or "thank f..k that's over. I can go and play something else."

????????????????????????????????? :cool:

• Like 1

Interesting.....

The gamer is smiling while GAME OVER is on the screen.

Does the smile mean "I enjoyed that. I'll drop another quarter and play this awesome game again" or "thank f..k that's over. I can go and play something else."

????????????????????????????????? :cool:

Super LOL ... :lol

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"doru0000.png","data-attachmentid":2151018}[/ATTACH]

It's only the beginning

But I've already gone and lost my mind

I feel like breaking window panes all up and down my street.......

Mr Do! can do that to you. And if it's not him, then it's the monsters.