Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLIV - Game 5 ~ Son Son (closes 26-Jul)

Adventures abound …

MGLXLIV – Game 5 ~ Son Son

Nominated by gamers: timmell

ROMSet 106: sonson

vO0AOYb.png

Game Story:

Son Son must travel through many different stages fighting against Japanese enemies on his way to rescue his friends.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 26 July 2020, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. (Please note these are the default settings for the game). No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 5 … Good Luck …

Never played before in the 16 year history of the MGL.

WTvGDQf.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah Good Times, Great Memories...

not of the game but the classic TV series

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2146689}[/ATTACH]

LOL, the game too for me. It's from Capcom and a very clever title.

• Like 1

Didn't think I'd played this before but as is often the case I was mistaken :shrug:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":2146735}[/ATTACH]

Hah ... you have played so many arcade games, you just can't remember them all. There are 1000s of games, well known, obscure, and still many unplayed.

Pessimeister: 90, 190

0006.png.3e67cbacb97e54d26435d758176306c9.png

I used to watch Monkey Magic after school on the ABC - I think it was during "The Afternoon Show" with James Valentine. (now ostensibly represented as "the mix") Good times. SonSon looks to be a quirkly little action platformer. Nice to see the iconic Capcom symbols sprinkled throughout the small section I've played so far.

Edited by Pessimeister
  • Like 1

Great game! I played the Nes version.

I'm using Wolfmame 0.213 and the difficulties in this dpswitch are "easy, normal, hard and very hard", so the medium would be normal?

Yes, medium is normal.

• Like 1

Found out where I'd played this before. It was during IGBY2 a few years ago. Scored a lot less back then :cool:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0000.png Views:\t35 Size:\t2.6 KB ID:\t2146956","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2146956","data-size":"large"}[/ATTACH]

Then it's all good news so far. Smash that PB even further! ... :021:

I thought this game is a bit like Flicky, and you are quite good at Flicky.

Pessimeister: 90, 190

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0006.png Views:\t0 Size:\t2.7 KB ID:\t2146907","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2146907","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

I used to watch Monkey Magic after school on the ABC - I think it was during "The Afternoon Show" with James Valentine. (now ostensibly represented as "the mix") Good times. SonSon looks to be a quirkly little action platformer. Nice to see the iconic Capcom symbols sprinkled throughout the small section I've played so far.

I ama Capcom fan, and the font and symbols they use in this game remind me of so many other great Capcom games, like 1942, 1943, The Speed Rumbler, Vulgus, Gunsmoke, Exed Exes etc.

• Like 1