Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLIV - Game 2 ~ Snap Jack (closes 5-Jul)

The crazy game …

MGLXLIV – Game 2 ~ Snap Jack

Nominated by gamer: QAOP Spaceman

ROMSet 106: snapjack.zip

jkBwNPP.png

Game Story:

This game is a cross between Pac-Man and Scramble. Guide a dot-munching, stretch-legged character through right-to-left scrolling scenes of landscape and tunnels. Avoid, among others, jelly fish and of course the kettles and boots on the overhead conveyor.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 5 July 2020, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 2 … Dot munching dangers …

Never played before in the 16 year history of the MGL.

5zlUzlt.jpg

:035:

• Like 2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was a bit of a cult game over in the TG MAME forums a few years ago. A lot of fun from what I remember.

I like your new avatar Rich. The Wonder Boy looks great. He's flying!

• Like 1

Never played this one. Looks like it could be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL ... I can't say much about your new avatar without getting embarrassed ... :redface ... but who doesn't like Pac-man?

LOL ... I can't say much about your new avatar without getting embarrassed ... :redface ... but who doesn't like Pac-man?

I just noticed I didn't have an avatar so I updated. Here's the story - around the 3rd-4th grade, I used to sell that Pac-Man sticker for a quarter. The other stickers I would sell for 5-10 cents. Back then an entire pack of cards was about a quarter but you weren't guaranteed that sticker. It was very popular because the Pac-Man was turned around so we all interpreted it as a thinly veiled "Kiss my Ass" - pretty racy at the time for a bunch of elementary schoolers.

Well, evidently - some parents complained about my sticker selling and I was called into the Principles office and forced to stop selling Pac-Man cards. Some called it price-gouging - I thought of myself as an opportunist who was helping to meet the demand of consumers :). So kiss my pac-man!

• Like 3

I just noticed I didn't have an avatar so I updated. Here's the story - around the 3rd-4th grade, I used to sell that Pac-Man sticker for a quarter. The other stickers I would sell for 5-10 cents. Back then an entire pack of cards was about a quarter but you weren't guaranteed that sticker. It was very popular because the Pac-Man was turned around so we all interpreted it as a thinly veiled "Kiss my Ass" - pretty racy at the time for a bunch of elementary schoolers.

Well, evidently - some parents complained about my sticker selling and I was called into the Principles office and forced to stop selling Pac-Man cards. Some called it price-gouging - I thought of myself as an opportunist who was helping to meet the demand of consumers :). So kiss my pac-man!

:lol

• Like 1

This is only my 3rd MGL and a lot of games are new to me, Snap Jack is no exception...Paul says a cross between Pac-Man and Scramble and that was my first thought seeing this game for the first time. It looks like it will be a lot of fun and I can understand why it would become a cult classic. Its queued up ready for a Friday night session...Beers and Chomping:030: :106:
  • Like 1

Wondering how the hell I got 41K on this back in 2008 :unsure

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":2142109}[/ATTACH]

I think that I must have played in the same competition as you then - our scores are a few days apart.

I think that I must have played in the same competition as you then - our scores are a few days apart.

I did a bit of searching on TG. We both played Snap Jack in "dc_animal's MAME challenge - Week 17b - Snap Jack." Snap Jack was a replacement for APB due to playback issues.

The competition was unofficial run by someone who was active on the forum for a while but we must've both submitted our scores at about the same time afterwards

• Like 2

Wondering how the hell I got 41K on this back in 2008 :unsure

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":2142109}[/ATTACH]

Maybe it was in the fridge ... :laugh:

Maybe it was in the fridge ... :laugh:

Maybe it was. The computer was in the kitchen back then. Though the fridge is about the same distance away from me right now and there's no 40K score lurking in there............ yet :lol

• Like 1

this one is proving a little more challenging than I first thought

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":2142407}[/ATTACH]

This is a top game. It's crazy, mental, bizarre, and a lot of fun. Universal made a lot of good games, this one as well, but almost no one has seen it before.

So I boot this up on my PC w/Tankstick and I’m thinking I’ve seen this before. Ends up it’s on the ArcadeSD which is great so I can play on my arcade cab with CGA monitor. Always happy to get into another game on that card.

6b0550d0d00dd114a891ae27a1a07d9f.jpg.41303d5d6a230b227411bb833b1e2c5e.jpg

• Like 1

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2142080}[/ATTACH]

BARRRRRAAA ... nicely filled in. Amazing to see you can put in 10 characters for your high score. I was so used to only 3 ...:popcorn: