Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLIII - Game 9 ~ Phoenix (closes 31-May)

Strange aliens …

MGLXLIII – Game 9 ~ Phoenix

Nominated by gamers: Lauren Tyler and @RichyS

ROMSet 106: phoenix (Amstar)

YbFMZwN.png

Game Story:

A spaceship which moves left and right horizontally at the bottom of the screen must destroy bird-shaped spaceships, birds, and finally a mothership at the end of each level. The player's ship is equipped with a shield that requires seven seconds to regenerate before it can be used again.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 31 May 2020, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 9 … Get them all …

QzGKhzb.jpg

:026:

• Like 1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Single player only.No cheats allowed.

Just putting it out there right from the start.

I'm assuming that the well known bug, trick, glitch, CHEAT or whatever you want to call it where you can get your score to jump to just over 200K by shooting 3 birds with their wings outstretched in quick succession on stage 2 is banned in MGL play as per the above quote. The TG rules do not mention this and I'd guess the top scores over there did use this. It WILL happen so I'm just suggesting clarification before it becomes an issue.

Personally I don't care either way and haven't done it myself yet but after being in my fair share of MGL controversies over the years....... :rolleyes

• Like 3

2099595480_SMK_phoenix_29020_wolf106.png.0a7e72903bbaa2ca9886cb30f4b07e0a.png

One of my all time favorites! ALMOST completed stage 4. I died from a bullet, while I had already activated the force field. Go figure. :unsure Thisclose to getting the 30k extra ship. NO cheat/glitch was used.

• Like 2

Just putting it out there right from the start.

I'm assuming that the well known bug, trick, glitch, CHEAT or whatever you want to call it where you can get your score to jump to just over 200K by shooting 3 birds with their wings outstretched in quick succession on stage 2 is banned in MGL play as per the above quote. The TG rules do not mention this and I'd guess the top scores over there did use this. It WILL happen so I'm just suggesting clarification before it becomes an issue.

Personally I don't care either way and haven't done it myself yet but after being in my fair share of MGL controversies over the years....... :rolleyes

Good point Robert. The TG track like you say does not ban this method. As everyone is now aware of this tactic, the TG track allows it, and everyone is on the same playing field with this knowledge, in this case it will be allowed for this game.

• Like 2

Pessimeister: 27, 070

0006.png.093437cf36f2ddda99ad7d028621a093.png

Is it just me, or do the alien birds in the early waves sound like they're screeching "no, no, no, no, no" at you in some kind of brutal denying battle cry? :) Great sound fx. This whole 200 k exploit sounds tough to pull off.

• Like 1

Pessimeister: 27, 070

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2132338}[/ATTACH]

Is it just me, or do the alien birds in the early waves sound like they're screeching "no, no, no, no, no" at you in some kind of brutal denying battle cry? :) Great sound fx. This whole 200 k exploit sounds tough to pull off.

The 200K technique is actually not that hard. Especially with using fast shooter. In fact, some gamers may have caused this to happen by accident, so rather than quitting the game, you play on.

This was posted on the TG thread so I figured it belongs here as well

It looks like 2 birds are hit and expanding by explosion, and then the third is hit slightly afterward but during the expansion.

Got this last night and haven't come close since. Unless I can get the 200K glitch to work I'll be battling it out for last on this game. :(

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0000.png Views:\t2 Size:\t2.9 KB ID:\t2132374","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2132374","data-size":"large"}[/ATTACH]

You will get the 204K if you keep playing. It's a technique that can be learned, with some chance of success. And then like all things, it's get the 204K, and then "play on" very well.

Thanks for the link. I had a good read. When there are errors in programming code for special events, sometimes funny things can happen, like this one, you get 204K. It seems that this can occur more than once in a game?

It can but your score will always go back to 204K. Not worth losing points if your between 204K and a million. Not sure how TG would handle triggering it a second time after a rollover :unsure

• Like 1

It can but your score will always go back to 204K. Not worth losing points if your between 204K and a million. Not sure how TG would handle triggering it a second time after a rollover :unsure

OK, so it's really of benefit only once. That makes it easier for everyone. Thanks for that.

What's also interesting is if a gamer has scored over 204K like you say, eg is on 350K, and they accidentally cause this to happen, they go from 350K back to 204K. Bad luck ... :fryingpan:

What's also interesting is if a gamer has scored over 204K like you say, eg is on 350K, and they accidentally cause this to happen, they go from 350K back to 204K. Bad luck ... :fryingpan:

yes, that can happen...I've done it at least once by accident. I thought if player 2 did the trick, it would set player 1's score, but that doesn't seem to happen (I couldn't get it to do it on my 48-in-1, and I think I did the trick correctly because the 3rd bird didn't turn into a splitting 200 point egg)

• Like 1

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"1860 phoe.jpg","data-attachmentid":2132455}[/ATTACH]

There's a Stage 2?!?! I'll believe it when I see it

Super LOL ... :lol

• Super Moderator

One of my favourite games was ruined when I found out about the 200k ( fault, cheat, trick, sneakeroo) when member Prof showed me how way back in the early MGL days

You're the game master OOO so I have no trouble playing by your rules but I think it's crap (is that a contradiction?....) and doesn't show you who the best player is in this game, just the luckiest. Is someone who scores 50+k a better or worse player than someone who get the 200 on stage 2 and cant get to stage 3? Phft.

Carry on people with your stage 2 bird hunting, pip pip

Oh BTW Here's my Nominations from MGL4, Think the last time I nominated Phoenix....

3rd February 2007, 10:34 PM

Ok, I'm gunna throw a dozen games at you. Tried to avoid games already played in MGL 1 to 3

And in no particular order or reason

Galaga :cool:

Pengo

Pooyan

Phoenix

Super Space Invaders 91 (appeared once in the Simpsons I think)

Donkey Kong 3

Mr Driller :o

Black Heart

Blazing Star

Vs Dr Mario

Trog

Wild West C.O.W. Boys of Moo Mesa :badgrin

Oh come on don't tell me you've never played the WWCBOMM :unsure

You know your curious now and your gunna go check it out, you can't resist, go on do it.

Heck you should see the other ones on the list.

Come on guys if you don't want me picking your games get in and nominate some

or you'll end up playing Flicky

PS. We ended up playing Flicky

• Like 1