Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLIII - Game 3 ~ Frog & Spiders (closes 26-Apr)

Protect the butterflies …

MGLXLIII – Game 3 ~ Frog & Spiders

Nominated by gamer: @Barra

ROMSet 183: fspiderb (this game is not available in 106)

BGeRafn.png

Game Story:

You play a frog hopping around and eating spiders on a web.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 26 April 2020, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 3 … Aim for the big spider’s eyeball …

xea3A9D.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap being the operative word here. As much as I try to observe the "Every game is sacred, every game is great" theory that is encouraged in MGL sometimes it gets hard to do.

I guess the reason this game exists is Mr Yamamoto bought some dodgy weed in the back alley behind Taito and came up with the idea of Frogs and Spiders shooting at each other while higher than Cheech and Chong, Bob Marley and Snoop Dogg combined. :033::033::033:

Time to find an open bottle shop. I'll be needing more beer for this one :40s::40s::40s:

0000.png.ddcded5abd83aed58396e81daaba826c.png

• Like 1

Crap being the operative word here. As much as I try to observe the "Every game is sacred, every game is great" theory that is encouraged in MGL sometimes it gets hard to do.

I guess the reason this game exists is Mr Yamamoto bought some dodgy weed in the back alley behind Taito and came up with the idea of Frogs and Spiders shooting at each other while higher than Cheech and Chong, Bob Marley and Snoop Dogg combined. :033::033::033:

Time to find an open bottle shop. I'll be needing more beer for this one :40s::40s::40s:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0000.png Views:\t0 Size:\t2.9 KB ID:\t2123626","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2123626","data-size":"large"}[/ATTACH]

I have never heard of this game, so when Andrew's game was drawn by chance, I was very curious about this game.

After a good look, I think this game is much deeper than my initial impression. Here's 3 reasons why ...

1. This is a Taito game. Anything Taito is never easy. In fact I don't know of any easy games they made. They always wanted your money big time.

2. This game was made in 1980, 2 years after the mega hit Space Invaders, also made by Taito. Looking at Frog & Spiders, it has a far greater variety of techniques to be used, has more depth, and is like I said, tough.

3. Konami released a great game about a frog called Frogger, many years after Frog & Spiders. No doubt Konami would have checked out F & S before they released Frogger. But in Frogger you are easy meat for squishing and so many fails. I like F & S. This game has firepower, payback, and you can also jump and eat to survive.

:p

This game is not available in 106....... my laziness bits me in the backside again lol

I installed Wolf MAME 0.183 on my PC. This is around the last Wolf MAME version before the 64 bit versions. Works fine. I like frogs.

:whitey:

I have never heard of this game, so when Andrew's game was drawn by chance, I was very curious about this game.

After a good look, I think this game is much deeper than my initial impression. Here's 3 reasons why ...

1. This is a Taito game. Anything Taito is never easy. In fact I don't know of any easy games they made. They always wanted your money big time.

2. This game was made in 1980, 2 years after the mega hit Space Invaders, also made by Taito. Looking at Frog & Spiders, it has a far greater variety of techniques to be used, has more depth, and is like I said, tough.

3. Konami released a great game about a frog called Frogger, many years after Frog & Spiders. No doubt Konami would have checked out F & S before they released Frogger. But in Frogger you are easy meat for squishing and so many fails. I like F & S. This game has firepower, payback, and you can also jump and eat to survive.

:p

I hadn't heard of this game either but apparently it was in the last Crap Tournament which is contributing slightly to my crap references.

The potential for frustration here is extremely high and while I'm up for the challenge I don't really want to send my dodgy blood pressure into the stratosphere.

So far I've had 84 starts for 1 hour 34 minutes total game time. Several of those starts have been aborted due to dying in the first 5 seconds. The next game down my list of games is Frogger. 8 starts for 1 hour 36 minutes total game time.

Have I played worse games? Probably yes but can I name one right now. Might take a while. I'll keep plugging away as always.

Edit: Just as long as the neighbors don't ring the men in white coats due to me abusing the "fkn squirrels" which don't exist in this part of the world :lol

• Like 1

I hadn't heard of this game either but apparently it was in the last Crap Tournament which is contributing slightly to my crap references.

The potential for frustration here is extremely high and while I'm up for the challenge I don't really want to send my dodgy blood pressure into the stratosphere.

So far I've had 84 starts for 1 hour 34 minutes total game time. Several of those starts have been aborted due to dying in the first 5 seconds. The next game down my list of games is Frogger. 8 starts for 1 hour 36 minutes total game time.

Have I played worse games? Probably yes but can I name one right now. Might take a while. I'll keep plugging away as always.

Edit: Just as long as the neighbors don't ring the men in white coats due to me abusing the "fkn squirrels" which don't exist in this part of the world :lol

Well your effort is paying off. Nice work. You are in 1st place for now. Until the squirrels start playing ... :laugh:

Well your effort is paying off. Nice work. You are in 1st place for now. Until the squirrels start playing ... :laugh:

IllSeaBass has a higher score on the TG thread by about 3K. Guess he's more accustomed to dealing with squirrels than me :lol

• Like 2

IllSeaBass has a higher score on the TG thread by about 3K. Guess he's more accustomed to dealing with squirrels than me :lol

Ha! I played about 5 credits of this one last night and just got super lucky :P This game is also being played right now in La Calice Cup 3, so prepare for some huge scores.

• Like 4