Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLII - Game 9 ~ City Connection (closes 26-Jan)

Crazy jumps …

MGLXLII – Game 9 ~ City Connection

Nominated by gamer: @Ivanstorm

ROMSet: CityCon (set 1)

8jlKEak.png

Game Story:

A little red car does wheelies and jumps between platforms and colours them in as it drives on them. Collect and shoot oil cans at the cops, taxis, ambulances etc. Watch out for the cat! Neat theme music and background pictures.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 26 January 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

You may freely use the balloons to warp to a different level.

*** Due to a bug in the software which gives infinite lives, all scores above 900,000 MUST be monitored carefully for your correct score. If you pass the extra life threshold after exceeding 900k, you may ONLY use the extra life from 900k and every 200k [1.1m, 1.3m, 1.5m, etc.] ***

**** For those using 183 or with the additional difficulty setting, please use EASY ****

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 9 … Can you do it? …

IcPEcsM.jpg

:alien:

Edited by OOO
  • Like 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never played this - haven't got a clue what I'm supposed to be doing...

same its confusing think its paint the roads by driving over them, throw them can things at cars then colliding with them while they are spinning and dodge walls that pop up and the cat from what i have seen so far.

• Like 1

Pessimeister: 150, 400

0005.png.dc4774e1d8f4f4fb562e66dcc58640bd.png

Not seen this before - an odd little game with fun 80's aesthetics. Took me a few credits to cover the entire first level in green. Second level music starts off a bit like Purple's Highway Star. What are the chances of scoring the same as Rob? :)

• Like 2

First try. The game is a lot of fun and you always want to risk throwing the oil cans into the cars.

Jumping on the platforms and coloring all while paying attention not to hit the cat is a good challenge.

8c47bf6ac5d16b91d982c806ae5e5da6.png.0614faa4d04cd6b9bdeef9755c247f1d.png

• Like 2

0004.png.0e2c553476b8a872d7ecfcb4480d1c2a.png

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​​​It takes me a long time to reach certain platforms. :rolleyeswAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Well, I got a few more points.

A year ago my maximum was to reach the third phase and today I reached the fourth.

Mame: Wolfmame 0.213

Inp:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E8Kpz2DaCFhVROD9fn-zudjdTvja-kcW/view?usp=sharing

Obs:

My Inp is running normally, now the capture program has lags. Sorry for that. I didn't have time to capture the screen again.

0004.png.35ef659c54b3acab7e465f1f2efb8308.png

• Like 4

Hi, I need some help please to understand what is happening with my city connection.

It plays fine but my in game score is not getting register in the high score list. Ie I get a score say 80,000 for example, register my initials then when the HS list displays it shows the score as 2500????

has anyone else come across this, I’ve tried to google the answer with no luck and tried 6 different rom downloads, I’m running wolf mame106

Thanks in advance.