Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLII - Game 4 ~ Twin Cobra (closes 29-Dec)

Get into the chopper …

MGLXLII – Game 4 ~ Twin Cobra

Nominated by gamers: Pearl2hu, Pessimeister and orse

ROMSet: TwinCobr (World)

48sMbur.png

Game Story:

Players fly helicopters firing at air and ground targets. Collect power-ups green, blue, yellow, or red for better fire power. Fight a 'boss' enemy at the end of each stage.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 29 December 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 4 … Boss Combat …

5b5ihzH.png

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they ever make a sequel to Twin cobra, they could call it Triple OOObra.

LOL. Twin Cobra is a fun game. This game has not been played in the MGL for over 10 years! Gosh that's a long time for such a good game. Imagine not playing Popeye for 10 years. Toot, toot.

:)

- - - Updated - - -

1,022,000 1-7. This is a good game. Love me some Toaplan.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=157404

Wow, excellent starting score. Plenty of action on this title already. Probably due to 10+ years of excitement build up ... :whitey:

- - - Updated - - -

And here starts my slide down the rankings :lol

I actually like this game, I'm just trash at it....

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=157379

Just play this game like Gyruss ... pew, pew, pew ... :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Of all the current gamers, maybe @Foot played this game previously, between MGL1 to MGL7. But maybe he had too many of these to remember ... :tequila:

The gamers to play the most games in MGL history (Top 3), @kane, @RMacauley and @John73, all started playing in the MGL some time after MGL1 to MGL7.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=157374

I deserve no pity. Just ridicule. And maybe some sleep...

:lol

It's too exciting to sleep.

Must say I got a huge smile on my face when I saw this announced as game 4... my favourite game of all time :D

I've never 1 cc'd it but have made it to the final stage (stage 10). I also think it seems slightly harder on MAME than it does on my actual PCB (which sadly has decided to stop working :( ). The game seems to run a bit faster...

Anyway, here's my first attempt. Far from my best, but it's a start at least... 1,369,230

139257959_TCHS.thumb.jpg.ab905f86db5237719e4bbb4e7c258027.jpg

And here's my big yellow fatboy that I dedicated to this awesome game

1109179368_bigyella.thumb.jpg.0fc8dd7348c6898edd22f16257a2f9d4.jpg

• Like 1

Must say I got a huge smile on my face when I saw this announced as game 4... my favourite game of all time :D

I've never 1 cc'd it but have made it to the final stage (stage 10). I also think it seems slightly harder on MAME than it does on my actual PCB (which sadly has decided to stop working :( ). The game seems to run a bit faster...

Anyway, here's my first attempt. Far from my best, but it's a start at least... 1,369,230

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=157422

And here's my big yellow fatboy that I dedicated to this awesome game

Glad to hear this is your favourite game, and the shots of your cab look great! And what a great score!

I agree with you that MAME seems to run faster in general than the original PCB, and is harder, depending on what game you are playing. You say so on Twin Cobra. I wonder if, for example, Donkey Kong is easier on the original PCB, compared to playing in MAME?

Glad to hear this is your favourite game, and the shots of your cab look great! And what a great score!

I agree with you that MAME seems to run faster in general than the original PCB, and is harder, depending on what game you are playing. You say so on Twin Cobra. I wonder if, for example, Donkey Kong is easier on the original PCB, compared to playing in MAME?

Yeah I've wondered the same thing myself. I only have 2 PCB's (Twin Cobra and 1943 Battle of Midway) to compare to MAME, so it's not a big enough sample size to reach any meaningful conclusions about MAME in general vs original PCB, but I reckon in the case of the two games I have to compare, they both seem easier when played on the PCB, especially Twin Cobra.

Pessimeister: 1,072,810

0008.png.e7e831ef0ca7836ad67e08ce321a04d6.png

Some great scores already! Took me a couple of credits to get into it, but then everything started flowing nicely. I managed to complete the first four levels without dying which is unusual for me. Before this, my PB was about 700 k. Very happy to get a million so early on in the running - I knew the MGL and my fellow gamers would help inspire me to do it!

When I saw this game announced, I had a big goofy grin. I didn't get to play it back in the day (found it via RetroUprising a couple of years ago when bingeing on Toaplan vertical scrollers) but I did get to play it on cab for the first time at the 1 UP in Brisbane last year which was pure magic. The soundtrack is magnificent and I find myself whistling several melodies from the first stage quite regularly. :)

Wow... your ability on shmups is bordering on freakish.:o

Do you play on an arcade cabinet?

Thanks :) playing on an upright cab I built earlier this year using an old PC running WolfMAME. I also sunk a tonne of money into Twin Cobra and other vertical scrolling shmups back in the day.