MGLXLII - Game 1 ~ 1942 (closes 15-Dec)

Collapse

MGLXLII - Arcade Shooter

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGLXLII - Game 1 ~ 1942 (closes 15-Dec)

Nominated by gamers: [MENTION=22761]Charlie Milne[/MENTION], [MENTION=20487]orse[/MENTION], [MENTION=17911]RichyS[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8526]John73[/MENTION]

ROMSet: 0.106-0.124: 1942 - "1942 (set 1)"
    0.124u4-0.170: 1942a - "1942 (Revision A)"

Game Story:
    Control a WWII-style plane over 32 vertically scrolling sea and landscapes. Shoot various types of enemy planes. Collect a variety of weapon power-ups. Shoot the red formation of enemy planes to receive a "POW" and collect this for different power-ups double shot, wider shot, two side-planes, or a "smart bomb". Using the roll button causes your plane to loop out of the 2-D action thereby avoiding all enemy shots. You have three rolls per level, but you are awarded a bonus for any that are unused. Hit percentage reports are given at the end of each level.

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 15 December 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

MGLXLVI - Neon Arcade - on soon!

*744,440*
    Just an initial, casual score while slightly intoxicated.
    I predict some crazy high score from you guys in the next 2 weeks.
    OH MAN!!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

It's a start I guess.

Once upon a time I was good at this game. Now? Not so great. It's been at least 10 years since I've 1CCd 1942 so that's something to aim for.

2 games I like to start an MGL. Hopefully it's not all downhill from here.

Enough rambling it's bedtime
      Attached Files

Comment

no time to play right now, that will do to start

Click image for larger version

Name:	0003.png
Views:	1
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1856095

Comment

Pb for me on second attempt. I put it down to playing on my LAI fatboy (surely there isn't a better cabinet in existence for vertical shooters) for the first time...
          Attached Files

Comment

Name:	0002.png
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	1856102

My goal is 100k.

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByAussie Arcade1575009302.676639.jpg
Size:	318.2 KB
ID:	1856125
              My Twitch stream -

Comment

Originally posted by Arcadinator View Post
                OH MAN!!!!
                ... a very popular game. Plenty of fighter pilots doing their best out there!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post
                It's been at least 10 years since I've 1CCd 1942 so that's something to aim for.
                ... 10 years later maybe a new PB?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by orse View Post

Pb for me on second attempt. I put it down to playing on my LAI fatboy (surely there isn't a better cabinet in existence for vertical shooters) for the first time...
                Super score on the fatboy!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Prow View Post
                Almost there! Maybe 200K is possible ...

- - - Updated - - -

The ONLY time this game was played in the MGL, was March 2010. That's once in 16 years! (not counting the Shmup Off)

9.5 years later and KABANG, it's 1942, again!

Make it count, or it could be another 9.5 years to play this game.

Comment

Not sure if when I'll get my control panel back to play on PC, or have time to visit Pincadia where I work where my 1942 machine is sited - does anyone know if 1942 emulates (difficulty wise) on the 60-1? Might have a shot on that this weekend if I can find time.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                    Not sure if when I'll get my control panel back to play on PC, or have time to visit Pincadia where I work where my 1942 machine is sited - does anyone know if 1942 emulates (difficulty wise) on the 60-1? Might have a shot on that this weekend if I can find time.
                    My guess is it plays the same, but I don't have a 60 in 1 to test with.

Comment

Originally posted by OOO View Post

... 10 years later maybe a new PB?
                      As I'm often told about both gaming and life "never say never". It won't be easy though. My unofficial PB is 12.1 Million on Arcade (Timezone in Hindley Street from memory) but my scores on TG for both MAME and Arcade are a lot closer to my average scoring range back then.

We'll see what happens in the next 2 weeks

Comment

Very good choice of games. One of the shmups with the most outstanding soundtrack :

Soon I will start playing it. The first time I played was the Nes version ... But I know the arcade version is much harder. The guys are playing very well!

Comment

This was the first arcade game I ever 1CC'd back in the day. Way out of practice.

Name:	0001.png
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	1856130

Comment

Originally posted by megaderek View Post

This was the first arcade game I ever 1CC'd back in the day. Way out of practice.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=156774
                            So this is a special game for you then. The very first 1CC ever for you. Neat.

I think my 1st ever 1CC was on Xevious in the 80s. It took 7.5 hours. I was standing all the way and desperate to go to the toilet during that game ...

Comment

Name:	IMG_1379.JPG
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1856131

Sent from my C64 VT-100 Terminal using Aussie Arcade

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X