Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLI - Game 4 ~ Star Force (closes 13-Oct)

Ancient Influence …

MGLXLI – Game 4 ~ Star Force

Nominated by gamer: RichyS

ROM Set 106: StarForc

E6jx5e8.png

Game Story:

Pilot your spaceship over islands floating in space, shooting enemy spacecraft and ground targets. Pick up the special symbols for bonuses and power-ups. Levels are designated by Greek letters and the end boss must be defeated before advancing to the next stage.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 13 October 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 4 … It’s a trap …

mCDcbXO.jpg

:026:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don’t remember this one. Looks like a Xevious clone at first glance.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

This game is a little faster than Xevious, yet they share a similar metallic look ... :rolleyes

Useless trivia.....

A quick look back through MGL history shows that in my time here (since MGL 14) Star Force has been played twice. Both times OOO has totally destroyed us all at the last minute.

Will lightning strike again for the 3rd time???

We'll find out at 6.59PM Sydney time on Sunday 13 October 2019. :cool:

Useless trivia.....

A quick look back through MGL history shows that in my time here (since MGL 14) Star Force has been played twice. Both times OOO has totally destroyed us all at the last minute.

Will lightning strike again for the 3rd time???

We'll find out at 6.59PM Sydney time on Sunday 13 October 2019. :cool:

LOL.

Useless trivia is right.

:D

Pessimeister: 288, 880

0002.png.af7ff24458f705d51f6f4dfcb7420e37.png

Wow, that's a pretty intense game! First time playing it - makes me immediately think of Warhawk on C64. I can clearly see the influence on that game design wise; the destructible environments and the crazy enemy ship patterns. I do enjoy making these connections with my gaming past. There's also a hint of a trace of the Bombjack music in the end of stage jingle. Nice nomination @RichyS.

There's some impressive scores on RetroUprising - with our resident RichyS in 7th: http://www.retrouprising.com/arcade.php?act=Arcade&do=stats&gameid=6366

I'll have to check out the old MGL threads now and read about the wrath of OOO. :D

If this is the easiest difficulty I'd hate to play it on the hardest :hairpull:

Yes this is the easiest difficulty. There should be more flying hours clocked up by gamers on this setting. You’ll also be able to see more levels of the game. The graphics get very interesting and colourful as you progress ... :D

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent choice of game.

Good nomination Rich! You may have played this game before?

Yes this is the easiest difficulty. There should be more flying hours clocked up by gamers on this setting. You’ll also be able to see more levels of the game. The graphics get very interesting and colourful as you progress ... :D

- - - Updated - - -

Good nomination Rich! You may have played this game before?

Yes. I'm training him because there will be a competition in November and coincidentally this game will be too. :D

I was expecting to make 200,000... Until it got more than I expected. :D

You can see that enemies are always behaving the same way but there are movements we cannot predict. :huh:

Well played and a nice recording. It's a fun game with a good shooting tune ... :020:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not as good at picking my way through a hail of bullets and fast moving enemies as I might have once been. :lol

:071: :run:

The music is excellent. The tones, bass, tempo changes and crazy sounds are ideal for video gaming!

Thanks @OOO, @Pessimeister and everyone for the likes and comments on my video and score. You are playing very well! Here I only see great players. :cool::cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Pessimeister: 305, 900

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=154138

This is definitely one of the most jolly, manic vertical scrollers I've ever played. :) Nice score from Wan.

Thanks. You are playing very well. Excellent score!