Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLI - Game 1 ~ 10 Yard Fight (closes 29-Sep)

Let’s play football …

MGLXLI – Game 1 ~ 10 Yard Fight

Nominated by gamer: @{NW}Nike

ROMSet:

0.106-0.108: yard - "10-Yard Fight (Japan)"

0.109-0.170: 10yardj - "10-Yard Fight (Japan)"

omSEzJv.png

Game Story:

The player must score a touchdown in the time allotted to go from high school and college ball all the way to the Pros and the Super Bowl.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 29 September 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 1 … Touchdown mania …

Last played MGL32 in mid 2017.

B5u70Ga.png

35 years ago there was a championship. Right now, there’s another one … Game On!

cjC2DEa.jpg

:026:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super Moderator

I'm sorry, we should only have to play this game once a decade, 2017 is too soon.

Never mind, I'll fish out my pads and helmet and start from scratch since I purge this game from my memory every time we play it.

With any luck I'll do better than Val and make the team

@Brad bring back grobda......

I don't find that strange at all. It was never popular with my friends but I have always loved it.

I am with you on this game. It looks very simple, but it does have a great theme and takes some great completions.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, we should only have to play this game once a decade, 2017 is too soon.

Never mind, I'll fish out my pads and helmet and start from scratch since I purge this game from my memory every time we play it.

With any luck I'll do better than Val and make the team

@Brad bring back grobda......

LOL. I'd like to see you in pads and helmet playing a video game ... :045:

At least when you beat their score on 10 Yard Fight, maybe in a future arcade championship (you never know!), you'll be able to show them how to play ... :033:

Play ball!

:)

- - - Updated - - -

Strangely enough. This is one of my favorite football video games.

Ditto ...

http://i.imgur.com/oXGcMPJ.gif

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153428

1st attempt this round. College team, 2nd half.

Pros coming up ... :rolleyes

- - - Updated - - -

3,100pts

Never played this one before. Fun!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153431

Wow, never played before!

Apparently in some quarters (pun intended :lol), the Pittsburgh Post Gazette called it the "patriarch of football games". Adam Duerson of Sports Illustrated stated that while no one remembered it (just like @Foot) or could say what makes it great, it is worth recognition for the fact that it brought football games out of the Atari era, setting a simple precedent for future football games.

There you go, it's official, this game is famous.

http://i.imgur.com/Q2uQ82D.gif