Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGLXL - Game 9 ~ Wardner (closes 25-Aug)

Collapse

MGLXL Arcade Chalk

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGLXL - Game 9 ~ Wardner (closes 25-Aug)

Nominated by gamer: JES

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: wardner (world)

Game Story:
    You move through the various stages battling zombie-like creatures collecting money and eventually rescuing the princess. Shop between stages to purchase health, time, and more powerful weapons.

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 25 August 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

*** Anytime you can collect an extra life more than once (outside of extra lives off of points), you may collect that extra life ONLY ONCE! This is due to the ability to collect some lives more than once, leading to an easy max out of the score ***

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

Last played somewhere between MGL1 and MGL7, about 11 years ago.

MGLXLV - Arcade Have A Go - on now!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2159551

"Follow the creepy looking bloke into the woods? Why not....."

This is another game that at one time or another I've made an effort to learn and then lost interest
    Attached Files

Comment

Submitting this out of frustration. On this game I reached the final level but died on the second lot of ghosts. I've since had a game that died 7 times on the final boss for a 21K higher score but I thought at the time it was only a 1K increase so didn't take a screenshot and recorded over the inp file.

Might get a game or 2 in tonight before work. Too frustrated right now. Time for bed
      Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	1851956
        sigpic

Comment

Another dumb game in the MGL. Just posting a score for whatever points.

Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	1851957

Comment

Name:	0001.png
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	1851963
            sigpic

Comment

This was the last game to arrive in my local Arcade in UK before moving to AUS in 88.

One thing I do remember is that a number of us could complete the game within a few weeks, it's not the greatest ever but it's not the worst & brings back more than a few memories, I had a quick game last night but was about 2mil short of my best so no score yet...

Comment

Originally posted by SectionZ View Post
                This was the last game to arrive in my local Arcade in UK before moving to AUS in 88.

One thing I do remember is that a number of us could complete the game within a few weeks, it's not the greatest ever but it's not the worst & brings back more than a few memories, I had a quick game last night but was about 2mil short of my best so no score yet...
                I hope you're not saying you moved to Australia because they put Wardner in your local arcade in the UK ...

MGLXLV - Arcade Have A Go - on now!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ls#post2159551

Comment

Originally posted by OOO View Post
                  I hope you're not saying you moved to Australia because they put Wardner in your local arcade in the UK ...
                  No, just that this was the last new game I remember playing over there, I didn't have alot of say in the move, but as far as the Arcade scene I would of much sooner stayed over there! Didn't even have my C64 till it arrived 4 months later.

Comment

Never heard of this. Of course it came out around the death of arcades.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Comment

Originally posted by BandontheRun View Post
                      Never heard of this. Of course it came out around the death of arcades.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade
                      Quite possibly caused the death.
                      sigpic

Comment

Name:	wardner_32380.png
ID:	1852017

Comment

Pessimeister: 32, 860

Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	1852020

Reminds me a little of playing Wonderboy in Monsterland on the C64. I like the additional RPG elements although I'm not a big platformer player. Should be interesting to explore this one...

Comment

Name:	wardner01.png
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	1852025

Comment

Got as far as the dragon that spits the bouncing balls at you. I remember getting as far as the end level back in the day.

Name:	0002.png
ID:	1852045

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X