Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXL - Game 6 ~ Joust 2 (closes 11-Aug)

The Black Knight …

MGLXL – Game 6 ~ Joust 2

Nominated by gamer: DaLar

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: joust2

eyovjtb.png

V4Iprh4.png

Game Story:

Sequel to Joust from 1982. The game involves the same basic play techniques, but with some additional twists. The player is able to switch between an ostrich and pegasus as mounts using the "transform" button. A variety of new enemies and background environments are in this challenging game.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 11 August 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed. You can access the game settings using the F2 key and these settings should be already set.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 6 … Find the Golden Egg …

Never played before in the 13 year history of the MGL.

7LZIKRh.jpg

:)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never any good at the original Joust and I'm not great at this game either. I'll take whatever I can get in the next 2 weeks which probably won't be much.

As I've said before. MGLXL = Games I mostly suck at :lol

joust2.png.db7e43db33e2b02862d46e761d27ad7f.png

Question. Is warping allowed? You're given the opportunity in the beginning of the game to select a starting stage, and if you're successful in completing the level you selected, you will be awarded a bonus number of points and the game will continue progressing from that stage forward. Obviously the higher the stage you start on, the harder it is to completed it.

Thanks!

Question. Is warping allowed? You're given the opportunity in the beginning of the game to select a starting stage, and if you're successful in completing the level you selected, you will be awarded a bonus number of points and the game will continue progressing from that stage forward. Obviously the higher the stage you start on, the harder it is to completed it.

Thanks!

Excerpt from OOO's initial post.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed. You can access the game settings using the F2 key and these settings should be already set.

2060421033_6.SMK_64400_joust2_wolf106.png.936e67f23a94a118d1865dd9a8917736.png

I forgot how much harder this version of Joust is. Don't think I ever used the Pegasus for this game. Can't remember the benefit of using it in the game, other than it's clumsy and doesn't move very fast. A decent score from starting on stage 1. Almost completed the 6th wave.

- - - Updated - - -

must be played from the beginning of the game.

How the hell did I miss that part?! :redface

Have you guys seen this guy “LON” who seems to know how to beat the game?

Don't think Lonnie plays Joust 2. He's well known for his incredible Joust abilities to roll over every game he comes in contact with (that's 10M a game). I could be wrong, but there's another player who is really good at Joust 2. His name is Eric Liddell. He's just an all-around really good player on most of the Williams games, more so Joust 2. Here's a link to his incredible 2.3M+ score he got a few years back.

Don't think Lonnie plays Joust 2. He's well known for his incredible Joust abilities to roll over every game he comes in contact with (that's 10M a game).

dunno if he plays it or still has it, but he did buy a Joust 2 from a buddy of mine a few years ago.

dunno if he plays it or still has it, but he did buy a Joust 2 from a buddy of mine a few years ago.

I just checked Twin Galaxies on Joust 2. There are 21 scores for Arcade and MAME, and Lonnie has no scores listed. So he has a board, but he has not submitted any scores yet on this very tough title.

Day 5 of 17 ...

Sorry everyone, I posted in the last score update "it's tough going then". It should have been "it's extremely tough going then".

AUiUALW.png

Looking at the number of scores, it's hell out there in video gaming land ... :evil

Only 12 days to go until this game is closed.

:)