Daphne Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rat View Post
    Really f^%k Daphne hard.....after finally getting it running I can't reconfig the controls, there are endless posts on forums about people having joystick issues like mine and after hours reading I have not resolved it same goes for the score overlay that just crashes the game at boot it I enable it in the launcher.

FFS I have spent way longer trying to get this game running properly than I would actually play it for...why I don't know.....back to the back burner
    Wash your mouth out! Only Dirk gets to f*ck Daphne

Comment

Really f^%k Daphne hard.....after finally getting it running I can't reconfig the controls, there are endless posts on forums about people having joystick issues like mine and after hours reading I have not resolved it same goes for the score overlay that just crashes the game at boot it I enable it in the launcher.

FFS I have spent way longer trying to get this game running properly than I would actually play it for...why I don't know.....back to the back burner
      I put a standalone version of Daphne/Dragons Lair together that can be transferred to any pc and should run. (I've used the same version on 2 pc's and an old laptop overlay and joystick works)

I'll see if i can upload it for you once my monthly data clicks over again next week if you like.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

Thanks for the offer Jed but I'm not sure if it would help, I am assuming that the problems I am having are due to me trying to play it on my Astro Cab with a PC hooked up through a JPAC. I assume the JPAC is giving me the controller issues and the arcade monitor running at 640x480 is probably the reason the score overlay isn't working and crashing the game at boot.

I will check the keyboard inputs again as I did edit that file manually so I may have made an error but changing them seemed to make no difference and the joystick moving in the wrong directions.
        Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Thanks for the offer Jed but I'm not sure if it would help, I am assuming that the problems I am having are due to me trying to play it on my Astro Cab with a PC hooked up through a JPAC. I assume the JPAC is giving me the controller issues and the arcade monitor running at 640x480 is probably the reason the score overlay isn't working and crashing the game at boot.

I will check the keyboard inputs again as I did edit that file manually so I may have made an error but changing them seemed to make no difference and the joystick moving in the wrong directions.
          the cab i have the standalone version running on is also a PC with a JPAC.

But yeah - if you're not having any joy with those jostick settings then something else is going on. Have you tried testing the JPAC from the windows control panel to see if the button presses and stick movements are registering ? Or opening notepad, and seeing what characters (if any) the Jpac is spitting out when you use the stick/buttons ?

Comment

JPAC joystick directions = keyboard arrows so no characters in notepad, joystick works fine in mame on cab. I copied and paste your controls into the daphne controls .ini (forgot what's it's called without looking) and then the game wouldn't even boot, restore the .ini to default and it does. The only person I have found that was able to fix juysick issues actually changed the orientation of this joystick physically which I don't want to do.

Have you been able to get the score overlay to display on an arcade monitor at 640x480 ?
            Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

JPAC joystick directions = keyboard arrows so no characters in notepad, joystick works fine in mame on cab. I copied and paste your controls into the daphne controls .ini (forgot what's it's called without looking) and then the game wouldn't even boot, restore the .ini to default and it does. The only person I have found that was able to fix joystick issues actually changed the orientation of this joystick physically which I don't want to do.

Have you been able to get the score overlay to display on an arcade monitor at 640x480 ?
              yes mate, running at 640x480 on a CRT and with score overlay on. I've not had any joystick issues.

Assuming you've tried re-defining the controls with the Daphne config app ?

Comment

Can we also add in some Singe??
                •Converting Game Gears and Atari LYNX with McWill screens and Gameboy Pocket with backlight and Bivert mods
                •Sega Saturn, Dreamcast and Mega CD region free BIOS install and power supply repairs, NEO•GEO UniBIOS install, 3DO RGB and 240p mods, DIY kits available for all.
                • CPS2 and NEO•GEO game repairs and conversions

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                Working...
                X