Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

A Weekend of Crazy Konging

My Weekend of Crazy Kong

Here we go, I'm gonna get the kill screen this weekend or wear the arrow keys off my keyboard trying. Playing with 6 starting lives, bonus at 10,000.

Had a "warm up game" - not recorded. Scored 311,100 - Died at 11-4 think :unsure

2nd Game, 330,300 - died at 12-4. I'm recording all games from Game 2 onwards and will keep detailed stats (because as my Ex used to say - I'm a nerdberger). Will post scores as I go (just as a record of a wasted weekend of Mameing) :D

On the off chance that I get the kill screen, I set the DIPs back to TG settings and try and improve my 215,800 TG score

Game 1 - 311,100

Game 2 - 330,300 39 Mins

Life 1 3.4 65,900

Life 2 4.4 96,300

Life 3 5.1 101,300

Life 4 6.2 139,900

Life 5 6.2 141,500

Life 6 11.4 301,900

Life 7 12.4 330,300

Time for Game 3

Game 3 - 239,100 - 27 mins

Life 1 1.3 10,300

Life 2 3.1 44,600

Life 3 4.2 79,900

Life 4 4.4 94,700

Life 5 5.1 100,700

Life 6 5.4 122,800

Life 7 9.4 239,100

Nightmare of a game, lots of stupid decisions. Only positive was 117,000 on my last life.

Time for some breakfast and a bit of a break, then I'll give it another shot.

880,500 Points scored today in 3 games

Why would you want to play that silly game?? :D

I reckon if you can get 266k on DK then you should be able to get pretty close to the end of CK, even on 3 lives, you might just have to get used to the subtle differences.

What kind of rivets pattern do you use?

Thanks for the support guys :cool:

What kind of rivets pattern do you use?

I'm using the standard DK pattern pretty much. Last game I got cornered a bit going for the top two left rivets and had to grab the top hammer first and work my way back down.

Game 3 192,400 22 Mins

Life 1 2.1 19,800

Life 2 5.2 109,700

Life 3 5.2 111,300

Life 4 7.3 178,200

Life 5 7.4 189,000

Life 6 7.4 192,400

Game 4 440,200 - 50 Mins

Life 1 4.2 78,700

Life 2 7.4 175,700

Life 3 9.1 212,600

Life 4 9.4 235,500

Life 5 12.4 323,300

Life 6 16.1 412,500

Life 7 16.4 440,200

Stupid game did a bit of a pause during life 6 on the barrels stage which made me jump early and fall down the gap in the girders :realmad:

Occasionally the game is doing some weird stuff, not sure if the laptop is causing it, didn't do it in the last 2 days of practice using Mame only when recording in Wolf :unsure Exactly the same ROM so that wouldn't be the problem. Stuff like the little pause that stuffed me, but more often at the end of levels it the sound will just keep going like music on a scratched CD.... weird.

1,513,100 Points scored in 5 games this weekend :)

You should have a live streaming channel so we can watch your efforts :D

Maybe next time :lol My internet connection is crap enough without trying to stream video :D

Game 5 was ages ago (just woke up from a late morning nap) :boring:

Game 6 129,400 16 Mins :cry

Life 1 3.1 42,700

Life 2 3.1 43,000

Life 3 3.1 43,800

Life 4 4.4 93,800

Life 5 4.4 96,900

Life 6 5.4 129,300

Life 7 5.4 129,400

What an ugly game that one was, maybe the sleep and some lunch did me good. Time for game 7 :)

Game 7 484,700

Live 1 3.1 41,600

Live 2 9.4 236,700

Live 3 13.2 337,800

Live 4 14.4 382,600

Live 5 14.4 388,100 :realmad: Choke :realmad:

Live 6 15.4 412,300

Live 7 18.2 484,700

Man, I thought that was gonna be the game :cry

Brian Kuh yelling out "Kill screen coming up" in the background and some kid wanting it's arse wiped stuffed me up :(

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Yep, working great.

Your gameplay seems good except for one problem which I reckon is vital for a killscreen, read post 39 here.

Okay, been a while since I read that post. I will definitely give that a shot. I seem to get on a roll and just go for it :rolleyes

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Top effort John, silly death on the pies in the end, i was watching saying out loud " dont panic, dont panic, there is no rush to the top......and blam:lol

I just freaked out after getting out of jail on the bottom conveyor :lol

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Thanks for watching everyone.... Time for a bit of a break, I'll give it another shot, probably around 6pm.... I'll live stream that too :cool:

Didn't know if anyone was actually watching, hope I didn't offend anyone when entering my initials :lol

Unreal..! Loving the feed..

NERDS...!

Glad you liked it. I'm surprised at how good the feed is.

Strongly suggest any other MGL'ers playing for a record or just for fun to set up a feed, just like the old days of watching someone else in the arcade to improve your own game :)

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Watching on my phone! Awesome mate!

Can you imagine back in 1982 saying "I'll be watching someone on my phone play this game over a computer network in 30 years time" :lol

I'm officially done for the night.

Last game, 406,700. Actually more happy with my last game than the one before, I copped IMO a heap of really crappy rivet boards in that game and got out of so many of them it wasn't funny :cool:

8 games today (not including 2 early aborted games and another where wolfmame froze up - need to sort out this CKong/Wolf issues - I'm sure it's only in wolf that I get these issues), just a tad over 2.5Millions points scored.

I'll be up and fresh early tomorrow... I'll stream them just for the hell of it, so if anyone is awake - check out the channel to see if I'm playing :)

I knew it would be a tough ask to get the killscreen after not playing this all that seriously in while, but happy with day 1 progress.

My hat goes off to Kane. While this game is easier in theory to get to the killscreen on, doing it with only 4 lives is a massive effort - and to point press and get over 600K is a massive effort.

I checked out the live feed on my iPhone earlier on tonight. As i have an apple tv I then streamed it straight to my TV. Was heaps of fun watching. Reminded me of the days of hanging around a machine in the arcades watching someone play. Even the sister in law and her boyfriend hung around to watch your effort. Id highly recommend anyone going for a high score to look at setting up a steam. Really enjoyed it.

I checked out the live feed on my iPhone earlier on tonight. As i have an apple tv I then streamed it straight to my TV. Was heaps of fun watching. Reminded me of the days of hanging around a machine in the arcades watching someone play. Even the sister in law and her boyfriend hung around to watch your effort. Id highly recommend anyone going for a high score to look at setting up a steam. Really enjoyed it.

That is so great to hear. Glad so many people watched it.

Must keep an eye out for real players like Dean Saglio who play DK live for world records. Just like watching sport, it's so much better watching it live - makes you feel like yelling at the screen will help out the team you're rooting for :cool:

Damn, I missed that you were doing the live feed....great idea John!!

If a few others were interested in streaming, maybe we could have a thread here like the "impromptu streaming" thread on the CAGDC forums......for those that dont know, whoever is playing online, posts that they are about to play, so if you have time, you can click on the link and watch them play live.....good fun stuff!

john

Damn, I missed that you were doing the live feed....great idea John!!

If a few others were interested in streaming, maybe we could have a thread here like the "impromptu streaming" thread on the CAGDC forums......for those that dont know, whoever is playing online, posts that they are about to play, so if you have time, you can click on the link and watch them play live.....good fun stuff!

john

Yeah that's what I was thinking, maybe a sticky'ed thread in the arcade section? Wait and see if any more want to show off their skills live first I guess :)

Slept in a bit this morning. Gonna have my first warm up game in about 20 mins give or take for anyone that wants some thing to watch with their Sunday morning breakfast :)