VPGL 15 - Post Pass - Rules

Hi Pinballers,

Welcome to arcade gaming competition with VPGL 15. This tournament is the 3rd of the new decade and part of the overall VPGL 2020 and all gamers worldwide are welcome to play. You can join in at any time and play.

Competition:
The player with the most points...

MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner - RULES

Hi Gamers,

Welcome to arcade gaming with MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner. This is the second tournament of the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF ESPORTS for 2020. All gamers worldwide are welcome to game. You can also join in at any time.

Please watch the trailer below for the official...

Gottlieb Sea Belles August 1956

gottlieb sea belles 1956

so, how many years does it make her?

bill picking up a project in the next few days, a very dirty, neglected old 50s woody.

so good these are still out there, though very rare now.

lets start with the new playfield plastics...

Announcement: Western Australia set to have its very own Pinball Festival

Hi folks!

We’d like to share some exciting news with you all…

Western Australia is set to have its very own Pinball Festival 😊

With Western Australia starting to ease restrictions from tomorrow, we thought what better time to announce plans for a pinball festival...

Monster Bash...Classic Edition

Finally after a couple of months ploughing through our house extensions, I'm back in my favourite room of the house!

Next in line is my custom Monsterbash I've been planning for a long time. Paying hommage to the 1950s Universal monsters going with a black and white theme and lots of custom...

How game board components work

This will be a series of posts on how specific components work on a game board. Its purpose is to help you understand how the circuitry works. Feel free to add to the series if there's a topic you want to cover.

First up: Reset!

You'll typically see the signal defined as RESET...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KONG OFF 2011 - KING OF AA [play here!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KONG OFF 2011 - KING OF AA [play here!]

Welcome to the Aussie Arcade KONG OFF 2011! Two weeks of Donkey Kong madness, from today March 27th @7pm, to April 10th @7pm.

For anyone new to Mame League play here @ Aussie Arcade, it's important to make sure you are playing with the right MAME ROM, and also to have your dip switch settings set correctly. The Kong Off 2011 Mame Rom and dip switch settings are below:

MAME ROM: dkong.zip (US Set 1)

DIP Switch Settings:

Lives 3
    Bonus Life 7000

When you have a score you would like to post, screen dump it or take a photo, and post it in this thread along with your score. Please make sure your score can be seen clearly in the photo. Post and update your score as many times as you like - we like to see progress scores climbing as the tourney progresses. A progress scores ladder will be maintained in this first post as the Kong Off progresses.

Have fun, and good luck!

PROGRESS SCORES:

1up: 391,300
    Kane: 329,800
    Pelly: 226,800
    Wingtipvortex: 226,500
    spl: 209,700
    Mamejay: 186,300
    Jesder: 157,300
    wweumina: 139,500
    Visy: 137,200
    Hollo: 125,600

Spartan: 121,800
    Jammasized: 117,200
    John73: 100,700
    Dkong: 98,800
    Taverner: 72,900
    Dezbaz: 62,300
    Last edited by Jed; 10 April 2011, 01:41 PM.

First effort 14800

Okay as promised, I'll start off and be the current champion

I had a couple of practice games last week and did better than this, but for some reason tonight it seems like it is a hell of a lot harder than I remember it

I might have to see if I can find a YouTube tutorial or something

Comment

EDIT:
      Updated score in new post bellow.

Couldn't let John have the glory for too long... And I also wanted to be the champion even if just for a short period.

First time ever past those stinking elevators, and a total of:
      30,000 even

This game kicks my arse!
      Last edited by Hollo; 28 March 2011, 09:15 AM. Reason: New post with new score.

Comment

Had a quick bash on it But on a serious note, this game at later stages( elevator 4 and on ) needs a dedicated 4 way set up. No unauthorized hesitation is essential!

Comment

New score.

I'm coming WingTip!

Comment

Getting Better, but still a long way off the pace 22700

Comment

Here's my first sessions results, found my Kong mojo in the third game.

Hope I don't peak too early, still 13 days to go...

Comment

Great opening score Kane

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                  Great opening score Kane
                  I agree!!! TOP SCORE Kane Now my finger is pulled out

Comment

Originally posted by kane View Post
                    Here's my first sessions results, found my Kong mojo in the third game.

Hope I don't peak too early, still 13 days to go...
                    I only need to improve by an average of 20,000 per day to beat you

Read some stuff, watched some videos and I still suck

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                      I agree!!! TOP SCORE Kane Now my finger is pulled out
                      What, are you saying the pressure from John and I wasn't enough!?

Seriously Kane, great score! There is no way I am going to be able to touch that in 13 days (unless total neglect for family, work and friends kicks in). My goal is to crack the 100k mark and that's it - if I can go from total novice to over 100k I'll be wrapped.

Can't wait to see some of the members who haven't posted yet!

Comment

I hope some more people decide to join in, especially if they are worse than me

I think I'll aim for 50,000 as my goal and to not come dead last

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                          I hope some more people decide to join in, especially if they are worse than me

I think I'll aim for 50,000 as my goal and to not come dead last
                          Tip. Don't aim for any score as you will hit a brick wall. Work on getting past the levels where you find yourself crashing And be relaxed. I think one of my 150K games was when me and Dkong were talking towards the end.

Comment

Progress scores updated

Right, off to the Garage for a warm up on the cab

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                              Tip. Don't aim for any score as you will hit a brick wall. Work on getting past the levels where you find yourself crashing And be relaxed. I think one of my 150K games was when me and Dkong were talking towards the end.
                              And throwing down beers like DK does with barrels
                              sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X