Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's on like Donkey Kong - Kong Off 2011 - "King of AA"

Collapse

Aussie Arcade Kong Off

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Hollo View Post
    Switched the stick to 4-way last night, and watched a few vids for tips - doubled my score from yesterday, but have a long, long way to go...

    Really need tips for the conveyor stage now though. This is where I am losing my lives every time (providing I make it to it that is). Any tips?
    If you hesitate for 3 secs when the level starts then run to the right hand side ladder, the fire balls will all be on the left initially. So basically, whatever side of the fire you are on, thats the side they will appear. Make sense?

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by Hollo View Post
      Switched the stick to 4-way last night, and watched a few vids for tips - doubled my score from yesterday, but have a long, long way to go...

      Really need tips for the conveyor stage now though. This is where I am losing my lives every time (providing I make it to it that is). Any tips?
      Where did you find the Vids? I downloaded a Mame Action Replay file but haven't been able to get it working yet

      Comment


        #48
        Just did a search for 'Donkey Kong tips' on Youtube and although the pickings weren't great, there were a few. Also you can see sections of the Vids submitted by Hank, Steve and Mullet-head.

        Today I found this site and reading this then watching the vids made a whole heap of sense. Now I am absolutely itching to have another bash, and after I get a few things done I'm there.

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by Hollo View Post
          Just did a search for 'Donkey Kong tips' on Youtube and although the pickings weren't great, there were a few. Also you can see sections of the Vids submitted by Hank, Steve and Mullet-head.

          Today I found this site and reading this then watching the vids made a whole heap of sense. Now I am absolutely itching to have another bash, and after I get a few things done I'm there.
          Thanks for posting that. I'm gonna have another go now, very helpful

          Comment


            #50
            Also check out the video feed from one of Steve Wiebe's web-casted world record attempt last year. Sorry don't have the link on me just now but I'm sure it's still out there

            Comment


              #51
              This is not bad to watch either......

              Comment


                #52
                Shit, I can't believe I nearly missed this comp. I hope it is not too late to join in? I have never been in an AA comp and DK is my game!

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by Pelly View Post
                  Shit, I can't believe I nearly missed this comp. I hope it is not too late to join in? I have never been in an AA comp and DK is my game!
                  All the action is happening in this thread:
                  KONG OFF 2011 - KING OF AA [play here!] - Aussie Arcade

                  There is still more than 10 days left (I think).

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by Pelly View Post
                    Shit, I can't believe I nearly missed this comp. I hope it is not too late to join in? I have never been in an AA comp and DK is my game!
                    Not too late to join at all Get in and get a score up brother!

                    Comment


                      #55
                      62300

                      Regards

                      Dez

                      DSB Electrical
                      DSB Electrical Facebook
                      VAPS
                      Vector Monitor Repro Parts
                      Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

                      Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by dezbaz View Post
                        Posted score in the wrong thread Dezbaz, please post in the MGL thread that says 'play here!' cheers

                        Comment

                        Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                        Working...
                        X