No announcement yet.

It's on like Donkey Kong - Kong Off 2011 - "King of AA"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok then just to steer things back on track, a reminder the Kong Off starts tomorrow 7pm

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
      Ok then just to steer things back on track, a reminder the Kong Off starts tomorrow 7pm
      No worries. I'll post a score at about 7:05pm so that I am the leader, if only for a couple of minutes

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
        No worries. I'll post a score at about 7:05pm so that I am the leader, if only for a couple of minutes
        Good ploy. I don't think I will be far behind!

Comment

I watched a 1million+ point marp recording to learn a few tips, I learned that the dude who was playing DK is an awesome player, and I am fairly shit at it
          Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
            I watched a 1million+ point marp recording to learn a few tips, I learned that the dude who was playing DK is an awesome player, and I am fairly shit at it
            Who was the player Rat? Ive watched a few of those recordings.

Comment

I wanted a taste of the leader's position as well, so I just knocked you off John.
              I knew I had to get it done quick before the good players step in and are untouchable.

Stuns me people can even reach the 100k mark on this game!

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                Who was the player Rat? Ive watched a few of those recordings.
                up2ng
                Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Hollo View Post
                  I wanted a taste of the leader's position as well, so I just knocked you off John.
                  You think you are better than me? I'll challenge you to a game of Donkey Kong on the old Dual Screen Game & Watch and kick your arse from here 'till Sunday

I thought I had a winning score there

I'm gonna have to Google "marp" so I can see how to play this game - turned up squat on YouTube.

Comment

You think you are better than me? I'll challenge you to a game of Donkey Kong on the old Dual Screen Game & Watch and kick your arse from here 'till Sunday
                    Don't have to 'think' as it's now proven!

Just so happens I have been playing my DK G&W heaps since getting a few recently. Bring it on!

I thought I had a winning score there
                    Technically you did... Now I have it. Well, for a few minutes anyway.

One thing is for sure though, it won't be long before we're both near the bottom of the pile. At least now we've both had a walk on the podium - kind of!

Comment

Just so happens I have been playing my DK G&W heaps since getting a few recently. Bring it on!

One thing is for sure though, it won't be long before we're both near the bottom of the pile. At least now we've both had a walk on the podium - kind of!
                      I could be wrong, but I think I remember being able to clock the G&W Donkey Kong by just standing on the bottom platform and jumping Barrels I know I was able to clock it without losing a life, sadly the arcade version isn't nearly as easy

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                      I just downloaded the MARP Zip file for this. I've look at some info, but it won't playback for me? Any hints on how to do it?

I've unzipped the files straight into my Mame directory. I renamed them (as the file names were ridiculous) to dkong.INP and dkong.WLF

I ran MAME -playback dkong dkong

but all I get is a massive error message

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Go back and have another look... We are both Gooooonnnnnneeeeee

Comment

Go back and have another look... We are both Gooooonnnnnneeeeee
                        Yep, knew it wouldn't be long.... WT only just edged us out though.

Comment

Yep, knew it wouldn't be long.... WT only just edged us out though.
                          Stop ya yapping, and get playing!! Its L4 elevators that will mess you up, but i will talk you through it

Comment

Stop ya yapping, and get playing!! Its L4 elevators that will mess you up, but i will talk you through it
                            If I get time later on tonight I am gunna switch the gate on the stick to 4-way and try to get to 50k - small steps for a DK novice.

At least I am still in front of John.

Comment

I find with some games that a bit of alcohol helps to make you play better. Unfortunately I'm passed the point of alcohol making me play better tonight

I'll give another go tomorrow - but I can't see me beating your score by the end of the competition

Next competition should be single person playing 2-Player Mario Bros - I'm pretty good at that

Comment

Switched the stick to 4-way last night, and watched a few vids for tips - doubled my score from yesterday, but have a long, long way to go...

Really need tips for the conveyor stage now though. This is where I am losing my lives every time (providing I make it to it that is). Any tips?

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X