No announcement yet.

It's on like Donkey Kong - Kong Off 2011 - "King of AA"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great idea, but can we please run this till the next MGL starts?

That way time poor people like myself who enjoy the break between mgls will be able to have a go without sacrifice
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
      This is a great idea, but can we please run this till the next MGL starts?

That way time poor people like myself who enjoy the break between mgls will be able to have a go without sacrifice
      Given the next MGL wont be till sometime in June, I don't think running a Kong off for almost 3 months would make for a focused event.

Official kickoff is this Sunday 7pm, and will run for two weeks only - so get those mallets ready!

Comment

Jeez I'm looking forward to this. It'll give me some motivation to beat my high score.
        sigpic

Comment

oh yeah.. i'm in!

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
            Given the next MGL wont be till sometime in June, I don't think running a Kong off for almost 3 months would make for a focused event.

Official kickoff is this Sunday 7pm, and will run for two weeks only - so get those mallets ready!
            True, good call
            Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

I'm in
              Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
              DSB Electrical Facebook
              VAPS
              Vector Monitor Repro Parts
              Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

Comment

In for sure! Awesome idea guys.

Comment

Me too.
                  i have never played in a MGL. What are the rules?
                  Just take a photo of the high score or is Wolfmame required?

Comment

Originally posted by mamejay View Post
                    Me too.
                    i have never played in a MGL. What are the rules?
                    Just take a photo of the high score or is Wolfmame required?
                    Hey Mamejay,

Scroll up to my first post, I've linked the MGL rules there.

But in a nutshell, all's you need do is take a screen dump or a digital photo of your score, and post it in the Kong Off. Post as many times as you like.

MGL's are run on an honour system, we play for fun so there's no need to do the more serious stuff like INP files or wolfmame for verification.

Cheers

Comment

We may have to do a King of AA Kong doco if there are some close scores and people complaining

Can't wait. This is pretty much all I play on my cocktail cab now.

Comment

19.8k. fcuken relentless, no continue thus no chance to practice for what lies ahead. when do the tips and strategies get unleashed??

Comment

i remember the first time i saw the king of kong, it got me so motivated to want to learn and play the game that i absolutely thrashed the game for a solid 3 or 4 months trying to learn all the major techniques.
                          i even searched and got a copy of the book seen in the movie "How to win at Donkey Kong" that Steve wiebe had.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Originally posted by henrybulldog View Post
                          19.8k. fcuken relentless, no continue thus no chance to practice for what lies ahead. when do the tips and strategies get unleashed??
                          each level gets gradually harder until you get to level 5, after that it stays the same difficulty till the kill screen.
                          do you want me to send you the holy grail "how to win at donkey kong"? its actually doesnt tell you much that you cant find out on the net, but its good to have anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by henrybulldog View Post
                            http://www.google.com

Comment

Oh Henry........be good to see you play DK, if your still here
                              The biggest killer for me in this game is the notorious random barrels on the first screen levels. They are a common source of my deaths

Comment

Count me in too!

Brad
                                My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X