Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Donkey Kong (King of AA)

This is the place to post your Donkey Kong hiscores, who can be the the King of Kong on AA.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/DKongAA/dkong-1.png

The official game rom is Donkey Kong (US set 1)

Settings

3 lives

Extra man at 7000

Current top 10 - Current 19 June 2015

1 Barra 908,800

2 kane 660,000

3 Monsta Bonza 391,800

4 1up: 391,300

5 fringert: 369,500

6 Wingtipvortex: 309,500

7 John73: 266,000

8 Pelly: 226,800

9 ED_209: 210,900

10 spl: 209,700

11 RMacauley: 205,600

12 ting ting: 190,200

Edited by John73
Put Barra in his rightful place as the King of AA

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the 48 ion 1 version.. Is all arse aout. Bloody Seppos.

I think you can't do the arse show to let the balls flow in the 48 - 1 :lol which is the same for the US set in MAME apparently (48-1 heads back me up here) but in the JAP set on MAME you can do the "Aussie brown eye" and balls will just keep rolling past.

This is at the top of ladders in the first screen of Donkey Kong for all Noobs

or jump of the edge of the first platform into L2..

So thats the Japenese version eh, they made it harder for the Seppos

Can someone rotate my avatar for me my os x preview saves it and it is still the same :x

I'd like to have a go but my currently loaded version reports as Crazy Kong - what is the rom name for this version you're all playing?

Edit to remove my score pic: I obviously have the Aussie Brown Eye capable version so my current scores don't count.

Cheers

LT.

Edited by MonoJoker

dude...love the reflection....looks like a camera on your head??? is this the "hidden video" :lol

:D I wondered if someone would pick that up! I was holding the cam, but yes, it does look like its strapped on.

I'd like to have a go but my currently loaded version reports as Crazy Kong - what is the rom name for this version you're all playing?

Edit to remove my score pic: I obviously have the Aussie Brown Eye capable version so my current scores don't count.

Cheers

LT.

Its the donkey Kong(US set 1) rom, Its the one i use on MAME, and seems the same as 48 in 1:cool:

Its the donkey Kong(US set 1) rom, Its the one i use on MAME, and seems the same as 48 in 1:cool:

OK - I know why I play the other version now - the sound effects on US set 1 are crap :)

Best I could conjure up in 2 games was 58,000 so I'd assume it's a bit harder than Crazy Kong. And not just for the "Aussie Brown Eye" trick LOL. The fact you don't go through all 4 boards on each level means you get to the more frequent "boing boing" things on the elevator level much earlier. That's the only part I really have trouble with - timing the run along the top girder and up the ladder.

Cheers

LT.

OK - I know why I play the other version now - the sound effects on US set 1 are crap :)

Best I could conjure up in 2 games was 58,000 so I'd assume it's a bit harder than Crazy Kong. And not just for the "Aussie Brown Eye" trick LOL. The fact you don't go through all 4 boards on each level means you get to the more frequent "boing boing" things on the elevator level much earlier. That's the only part I really have trouble with - timing the run along the top girder and up the ladder.

Cheers

LT.

Your sound problem could be to do with the additional sound sample files Donkey Kong needs. ( I think on newer MAME versions this has been done away with):unsure

With the elevators along the top girder:

When you are at the top of the ladder which takes you to the girder move slightly to the left so jumpman is facing the boing boing things, just as one is moving over Jumpman run to the top of the elevator and the boing boings will not hit you.

Face back to towards the ladder leading to the lady and as a boing boing is going over your head run like mad and go straight up the ladder.

Sounds a bit complex but its not ;)

I'd better go and have a game :D

Your sound problem could be to do with the additional sound sample files Donkey Kong needs. ( I think on newer MAME versions this has been done away with):unsure

With the elevators along the top girder:

When you are at the top of the ladder which takes you to the girder move slightly to the left so jumpman is facing the boing boing things, just as one is moving over Jumpman run to the top of the elevator and the boing boings will not hit you.

Face back to towards the ladder leading to the lady and as a boing boing is going over your head run like mad and go straight up the ladder.

Sounds a bit complex but its not ;)

I'd better go and have a game :D

It's not really a sound problem, all the sounds are there, just different to Crazy Kong that I'm used to.

Thanks for the tip about the boing boings :) but my problem is when to race to the final ladder when they're coming in pairs (level 4 onwards) - don't the bounce in different spots on this level thus making it important to wait in another spot for the first pair to go past then run like hell up the last ladder?

Cheers

LT.

Hmm Haven't really played the US set much but just reached level 4 on my last game, the first screen was as per usual(level 4) and then the escalators (pies) screen was next, then it went straight back to the first screen (Barrel rolling girders) WTF is this right :unsure I thought the Elevators would be next??

Shouldn't it go to the elevators then the blue drop DK on his head screen and like that from then on??

No, Crazy Kong plays each of the 4 boards in turn like this:

25m - Girders, ladders and barrels

50m - Pies (trays of flaming erm... oil?) and conveyors - first time round the conveyors are slow and uni-directional

75m - elevators and boing boings - the elevators go slow and you can actually cut out most of the girder part by jumping from the top of the right hand elevator to one step away from the last ladder

100m - drop Kong on his head by removing the joins in the girders

Then it repeats although for 50m and 75m the speed of the conveyors and elevators increase.

For Donkey Kong US Set 1 you get the following from above but it skips some of the above so you level up at 50m for Level1, 75m for Level2 and 100m for Level3 onwards and the boards still don't follow the CK pattern.

Anyway it's interesting to try the different version - certainly more challenging than CK - I'll be having a few more cracks tonight :)

Cheers

LT.

Copied this from a DK help site

L1 1-4

L2 1-3-4

L3 1-2-3-4.

L4 1-2-1-3-4

L5 1-2-1-3-1-4

L6 through L21 all remain the same as L5

L22 1 (Kill screen).

dont know why its out of logical sequence, but....:unsure

Thanks for that mate,

maybe the Japanese made it harder for the Seppos so they thought they were dumb, for an easy early 1980 invasion (Jedi mind trick) :lol

Or the Seppos just wanted to rack more money out the kids playing games so they made it harder either way the US set is by far the hardest.

My best score so far on the US set 72,500 and can clearly remember getting over 100,000 on Crazy Kong.

I am using the 8-way as well, just have to be precise, I'm sure the beers will put a stop to that:D

No, Crazy Kong plays each of the 4 boards in turn like this:

25m - Girders, ladders and barrels

50m - Pies (trays of flaming erm... oil?) and conveyors - first time round the conveyors are slow and uni-directional

75m - elevators and boing boings - the elevators go slow and you can actually cut out most of the girder part by jumping from the top of the right hand elevator to one step away from the last ladder

100m - drop Kong on his head by removing the joins in the girders

Then it repeats although for 50m and 75m the speed of the conveyors and elevators increase.

For Donkey Kong US Set 1 you get the following from above but it skips some of the above so you level up at 50m for Level1, 75m for Level2 and 100m for Level3 onwards and the boards still don't follow the CK pattern.

Anyway it's interesting to try the different version - certainly more challenging than CK - I'll be having a few more cracks tonight :)

Cheers

LT.

I know I have a Crazy Kong Cocktail (LAI), which has Donkey Kong Control panel and artwork. I prefer the go through each level and it gets harder each time through but like you said makes it interesting playing the different versions and I think they use the US set in KING of KONG

Play it on your horizontal cab, use your 4 way stick man, you have to have "no" hesitation sometimes.

But yeah, its way harder on the US rom:) Ive had beers today, and cant crack past 80K:x

Was thinking about ripping the 4-way out and putting it on one side of the vert cab and use the other side for 8-way games. It nice to have two player 8-way (vert) but for the amount of times its used bahh I hate playing shooters with another person at the same time..usually just pissed mates and they are hopeless at arcade games (not you:p) they just want to continue all the time.

Yep I'm on the beer and now going for another go. If I get down pat on 8-way the 4 way is going to be Bliss :badgrin

Hmmm, might have a crack, I love playing DK but I'm training for a some marathon MTB races now, so this comes second.

When can last scores be submitted ?

So we are playing "dkong" US set 1

DK US set 1 is the game Rat, its harder, but...............

I guess we will keep going till the champ is unbeaten(not Billy or Steve)

• 3 months later...