Collapse

Aussie Arcade Kong Off

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donkey Kong (King of AA)

This is the place to post your Donkey Kong hiscores, who can be the the King of Kong on AA.

The official game rom is Donkey Kong (US set 1)

Settings

3 lives

Extra man at 7000

Current top 10 - Current 19 June 2015

1 Barra 908,800
    2 kane 660,000
    3 Monsta Bonza 391,800
    4 1up: 391,300
    5 fringert: 369,500
    6 Wingtipvortex: 309,500
    7 John73: 266,000
    8 Pelly: 226,800
    9 ED_209: 210,900
    10 spl: 209,700
    11 RMacauley: 205,600
    12 ting ting: 190,200

Last edited by John73; 19 June 2015, 02:53 PM. Reason: Put Barra in his rightful place as the King of AA
    sigpic

Hope my 48 in 1 turns up soon so I can practice , should of got Gamedude to send it express..

Comment

I have the 48 ion 1 version.. Is all arse aout. Bloody Seppos.

Comment

Us version sucks (think game on had this one)

But BRING IT ON!!
        "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Originally posted by WOKA View Post
          I have the 48 ion 1 version.. Is all arse aout. Bloody Seppos.
          I think you can't do the arse show to let the balls flow in the 48 - 1 which is the same for the US set in MAME apparently (48-1 heads back me up here) but in the JAP set on MAME you can do the "Aussie brown eye" and balls will just keep rolling past.
          This is at the top of ladders in the first screen of Donkey Kong for all Noobs
          sigpic

Comment

or jump of the edge of the first platform into L2..

Comment

Originally posted by WOKA View Post
              or jump of the edge of the first platform into L2..
              So thats the Japenese version eh, they made it harder for the Seppos

Can someone rotate my avatar for me my os x preview saves it and it is still the same
              Last edited by DKong; 6 February 2009, 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              sigpic

Comment

If I can get past level 2 on Donkey Kong I'll let you know my high score.
                My Projects
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                  Can someone rotate my avatar for me my os x preview saves it and it is still the same
                  you NEED Vista
                  The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

118,800----L5

Nice one Dk, good work mate

Ive scored a tad higher on mame, but this is on a stick and button( not keyboard),
                    so ill enter this score.

Ive got a hidden video tape ready for submission if anyone wants to challange
                    Attached Files

Comment

dude...love the reflection....looks like a camera on your head??? is this the "hidden video"

Comment

I'd like to have a go but my currently loaded version reports as Crazy Kong - what is the rom name for this version you're all playing?

Edit to remove my score pic: I obviously have the Aussie Brown Eye capable version so my current scores don't count.

Cheers
                        LT.
                        Last edited by MonoJoker; 8 February 2009, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xxjardinexx View Post
                          dude...love the reflection....looks like a camera on your head??? is this the "hidden video"
                          I wondered if someone would pick that up! I was holding the cam, but yes, it does look like its strapped on.

Originally posted by MonoJoker View Post
                          I'd like to have a go but my currently loaded version reports as Crazy Kong - what is the rom name for this version you're all playing?

Edit to remove my score pic: I obviously have the Aussie Brown Eye capable version so my current scores don't count.

Cheers
                          LT.
                          Its the donkey Kong(US set 1) rom, Its the one i use on MAME, and seems the same as 48 in 1
                          Last edited by wingtipvortex; 8 February 2009, 11:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                            Its the donkey Kong(US set 1) rom, Its the one i use on MAME, and seems the same as 48 in 1
                            OK - I know why I play the other version now - the sound effects on US set 1 are crap

Best I could conjure up in 2 games was 58,000 so I'd assume it's a bit harder than Crazy Kong. And not just for the "Aussie Brown Eye" trick LOL. The fact you don't go through all 4 boards on each level means you get to the more frequent "boing boing" things on the elevator level much earlier. That's the only part I really have trouble with - timing the run along the top girder and up the ladder.

Cheers
                            LT.

Comment

Originally posted by MonoJoker View Post
                              OK - I know why I play the other version now - the sound effects on US set 1 are crap

Best I could conjure up in 2 games was 58,000 so I'd assume it's a bit harder than Crazy Kong. And not just for the "Aussie Brown Eye" trick LOL. The fact you don't go through all 4 boards on each level means you get to the more frequent "boing boing" things on the elevator level much earlier. That's the only part I really have trouble with - timing the run along the top girder and up the ladder.

Cheers
                              LT.
                              Your sound problem could be to do with the additional sound sample files Donkey Kong needs. ( I think on newer MAME versions this has been done away with)

With the elevators along the top girder:
                              When you are at the top of the ladder which takes you to the girder move slightly to the left so jumpman is facing the boing boing things, just as one is moving over Jumpman run to the top of the elevator and the boing boings will not hit you.
                              Face back to towards the ladder leading to the lady and as a boing boing is going over your head run like mad and go straight up the ladder.
                              Sounds a bit complex but its not

I'd better go and have a game
                              sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X