Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Australia has a new King of Kong!!

Matt Tecchio @Hayaeti scored 1,052,600 a couple of nights back!

This makes him the first Australian to crack the 1m barrier and he also takes the Oceania crown! This is the first time since mid-2013 the King of Kong "ANZAC edition" title belongs to an Australian!!

For anyone that doesn't know, Matt turned up out of nowhere at OZ Kong off 2 last year and stunned us all with his amazing skills. Its really no surprise that not even a year later hes up inside the top 25 in the world. Incredible stuff, this definitely isn't the last we've seen of him

Check out the highlight - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/475414436

:)

@John73 @OOO @Mameshane @Jimmy Nails @muscleandfitness

I met Matt at the inaugural "Battle of the Arcades" in 2018 where we both played for Pixel Alley alongside @Arcadinator. I got to witness his skills firsthand back then on both Donkey Kong and Pacman. Thus, it's been a real pleasure to see his gradual rise in the ranks starting with the success at Kong Off 2, the Australian record and now this??!! An incredible arcade story. Excellent stuff mate! :)

Matt Tecchio @Hayaeti scored 1,052,600 a couple of nights back!

This makes him the first Australian to crack the 1m barrier and he also takes the Oceania crown! This is the first time since mid-2013 the King of Kong "ANZAC edition" title belongs to an Australian!!

For anyone that doesn't know, Matt turned up out of nowhere at OZ Kong off 2 last year and stunned us all with his amazing skills. Its really no surprise that not even a year later hes up inside the top 25 in the world. Incredible stuff, this definitely isn't the last we've seen of him

Check out the highlight - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/475414436

@John73 @OOO @Mameshane @Jimmy Nails @muscleandfitness

Thanks for this post Andrew. This is really big news in the DK world. Especially in our region.

Massive congratulations to Matt. Outstanding DK play. In AKO3 recently he played great as well. Will he submit his score to TG or DKF?

So no.1 in Oceania. Andrew his score is 30K more than your best (1,020K). Maybe Shane, Allen and Johnny can improve their scores? Looks like the future competition on this title will still be vibrant. I hope so!

• 10 months later...

A little update on this

Matt Tecchio scored the first 1.1m for someone in the southern hemisphere earlier this year with a score of 1,102,200. He is still the Australian King of Kong!

I managed to up my own personal best to 1,121,800 only a few nights ago, bringing the Oceanic DK Crown back to this side of the Tasman where it belongs :)

Donkey Kong High Score List

• Like 13

• 4 months later...
We seem to be missing an update here, Barra.

The people of Australia can feel safe knowing I returned the title to our great country.

Until you take it back again, of course.

So what's the exciting story? In a few words, can you spill the beans on a great saga of gaming? ... :cool:

:unsure

tumblr_nntxoe5c681rorxt1o1_500.jpg.3f63722459188c279bdd564d8097233c.jpg