Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

60in1 Off

Hey,

john73 and I are having a head2head battle on the 60-1 board today. we will be attempting to play all games 1 attempt a game. With a 10minute max playtime per game.

It will be streamed on my channel but hosted on johns as well. streaming should start just before 8am QLD time.

Twitch.tv/twitchshane

Twitch.tv/mrbumpnjump

So if u have nothing better to do. drop in and watch us play some games really badly. and other games no as badly.

Let the games begin

:)

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Final result, I'm sad to say was Shane 32 v Me 28.

It was great fun. Some of the games are just awful on the 60-in-1, and by awful, I mean Crush Roller wasn't the worst game on the iCade :lol

I knocked up some software to help with scoring as well as add a bit to the stream - anyone looking at doing their own 60 off - him me up if you want the software. Shane & I have spoken a bit about possibly running a 4 machine comp in the future, maybe even with teams of 2 or 3 - so each team member would play either 30 or 20 games each. Should this go ahead, I will be modifying the software to allow this. Might even look at doing some other stuff so you can use other multiboards, or even just select however many games and do only MAME comps where everyone plays at once etc.

Anyway, the screenshot has the results for all games for anyone that is interested.

Any idea's on running these sort of comps, just post in here or PM me and I'll say yay or nay if it's something I can easily add to the software with my limited time.

Thanks for those who came in and watched today. Congrats @Mameshane on the win.

60offresults.png.12b3f4cdbac8660d212976136e08546c.png

Final result, I'm sad to say was Shane 32 v Me 28.

It was great fun. Some of the games are just awful on the 60-in-1, and by awful, I mean Crush Roller wasn't the worst game on the iCade [emoji38]

I knocked up some software to help with scoring as well as add a bit to the stream - anyone looking at doing their own 60 off - him me up if you want the software. Shane & I have spoken a bit about possibly running a 4 machine comp in the future, maybe even with teams of 2 or 3 - so each team member would play either 30 or 20 games each. Should this go ahead, I will be modifying the software to allow this. Might even look at doing some other stuff so you can use other multiboards, or even just select however many games and do only MAME comps where everyone plays at once etc.

Anyway, the screenshot has the results for all games for anyone that is interested.

Any idea's on running these sort of comps, just post in here or PM me and I'll say yay or nay if it's something I can easily add to the software with my limited time.

Thanks for those who came in and watched today. Congrats @Mameshane on the win.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]121965[/ATTACH]

It was a lot of fun. and im looking forward to doing this again soon. going to practice a few of the games that didnt even last for a minute or so :D

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

@Mameshane @John73

Great gaming guys.

I was watching on a separate monitor while I was working today and saw quite a few games. I was really looking forward to the Mr.Do! challenge but sadly it didn't go for long enough. :069:

There were any close games between you that could have gone either way.

John - Nice job with the software. It was good to watch both screens and the rolling info update was good to jump in anytime and keep track of who had won which games.

I couldn't work out at first if you were in different locations or playing together but I'm pretty sure now you were both at the same place. Is it possible to run your interface with players playing from different locations?

Nice format, I look forward to watching another one.

@Mameshane @John73

Great gaming guys.

I was watching on a separate monitor while I was working today and saw quite a few games. I was really looking forward to the Mr.Do! challenge but sadly it didn't go for long enough. :069:

Sadly that's because I am just awful at Mr. Do! Shane is a fair bit better, but as we were playing game over for both if one player dies and the other is ahead of them you didn't get to see him showcase his skills :(

There were any close games between you that could have gone either way.

Donkey Kong was definitely the closest right up until the last minute. There will be many more strats used next time we do with with fast scoring etc. Neither of us really put much time into learning games we hadn't played before, pretty much just a quick 1 game to see what it's all about

John - Nice job with the software. It was good to watch both screens and the rolling info update was good to jump in anytime and keep track of who had won which games.

I couldn't work out at first if you were in different locations or playing together but I'm pretty sure now you were both at the same place. Is it possible to run your interface with players playing from different locations?

Shane set up the OBS scene which was the fake bezels and pretty much all the other stuff. The scrolling text is also handled by OBS, which scrolls a text file while is automatically created/changed when a game result is in. That's the software doing that part. The sound wasn't great on the stream at the start, but that's stuff we now know how to fix.

Yes, we were playing in the same place, Shane's house on the Gold Coast - and is the new temporary home of one original Data East Bump 'n' Jump machine. Massive storm hit there this arvo, and I didn't want to take it back in the ute even with all the tarps I have :D

About playing in different locations - we actually discussed this and are thinking of trying a comp with several people playing probably MAME games. All start at the same time, same sort of rules. However, due to the way streams work with lag etc. we'd also need all players to use software so we can all group talk at the same time to make sure everyone starts at the same time and everyone stops at the same time if a game goes 10 minutes or whatever duration we decide.

There is then multitwitch so if you want, you can watch all X number of players streaming at once - but again, the actual stream times will probably be out of whack a little bit. Best bet is we try and see how it goes :)

Nice format, I look forward to watching another one.

Cheers, glad you enjoyed it :)