MGL Personal Challenge Tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big couple of days for me for PBs on some of my favourite games.

Fired up some Arabian today as a warm up game while I was streaming on Twitch.
    My previous PB on this after two MGLs and a lot of play outside MGL was 121K

Had one game today and absolutely smashed my PB with a score of 212,950.

Twitch link of game here if you would like to watch those sweet, sweet combo kills! - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/516037508

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAussie Arcade1575270449.226808.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	314.6 KB
ID:	1856220
    My Twitch stream - twitch.tv/bigredbird1

Comment

Originally posted by bigredbird View Post
      Big couple of days for me for PBs on some of my favourite games.

Fired up some Arabian today as a warm up game while I was streaming on Twitch.
      My previous PB on this after two MGLs and a lot of play outside MGL was 121K

Had one game today and absolutely smashed my PB with a score of 212,950.

Twitch link of game here if you would like to watch those sweet, sweet combo kills! - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/516037508

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=156925
      Wow excellent score on Arabian. Almost double!

WHAT HAPPENED TO TAITO AUSTRALIA? WHERE ARE THEIR MACHINES? https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...their-machines

Comment

Finally broke through for a PB on DK Jr. with 146,500.

200k is the target now.

Name:	ImageUploadedByAussie Arcade1575528262.881878.jpg
Size:	300.5 KB
ID:	1856275

Comment

Slight improvement. New PB.

Name:	ImageUploadedByAussie Arcade1575960797.829902.jpg
Size:	332.1 KB
ID:	1856401

Comment

First I'd like to say that I've really enjoyed reading this thread; its creation was an excellent idea! All the more so now that we've got a small break in the MGL season. It's fun to read of players aims, aspirations and achievements.

In the light of Raiden being in the MGL in 2019 and the sheer ecstatic joy I had simply improving on it, I've decided to switch back to Raiden II for a bit to try getting further with it.
            Back in mid 2018 my PB was around 520 k. I tend to average around 400-470 k if my top saved MAME scores are anything to go by, dying usually mid level 3.

This afternoon I fired it up again and managed to improve a little with a 570 k and then most recently a 632 k game which I'm hoping is a breakthrough. The combination of vulcan and upgraded homing missiles appeared to help me survive the crazy waves in stage 3. I felt close to finally beating the level 3 boss which I've never done before on Raiden II. It's a very tough game; much harder I think than the original.

Name:	0000.png
Views:	87
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	2107126

Originally posted by megaderek View Post
            One thing I noticed with this game is that if you use Player 1 side is that it is more difficult (probably why most of the scores on TG are done with Player 2) But when using P2 it will get more difficult if you use the blue lazer as I usually do for the level 3 boss and when you start in level 4 the enemy bullets are noticeably faster until you switch back to the red vulcan.
            G'day Derek! First up, that's an amazing improved score you managed with this game. A million+ on Raiden II is simply unfathomable to me at this point but I was just curious if you could estimate how much more a player might get by switching to P2 if one is used to only ever going P1? This is probably something I'm going to try next and see how it goes.

Comment

my MAME PB's are
              Raiden 1 = 1,541,160
              Raiden 2 = 760,010

Only Raiden 1 seems to have to different difficulty where using P2 makes it easier. There is an arcade track for Raiden 1 on TG and I've watched a performance on there and it seems the arcade version (at least the version they have played) didn't have the difficulty difference. Perhaps it's a different hardware revision they played or perhaps there is a MAME emulation issue? I'm not sure.

I used to play Raiden 2 in the arcade and managed to get a 1CC on it. But I don't know what dip settings it was on. Raiden 2 on MAME with the TG settings is definately harder.

Comment

Well what was once a simple personal challenge, is now a bitter and intense rivalry. Originally, all I wanted/needed to do was clock Twin Cobra on one credit, and once I'd achieved that I could be completely satisfied and move on, so to speak. Well, I did achieve my goal and managed a pretty reasonable 2,184,600 points in the process. Unfortunately, my younger brother recently managed the same feat and in doing so racked up 2,275,300 points. Needless to say, I'm very unhappy about this...

We have a history of intense video game rivalry that dates back nearly 40 years and I was the Twin Cobra 'king' in our family for a long time and being dethroned does not sit well with me . To add insult to injury, he did it on my Twin Cobra cabinet

So my new challenge is very simple - beat my brother's score. And of course, hope he doesn't rack up an even bigger one in the meantime.

Oh and if I do manage to achieve that, I think I'll join Pessimeister and see if I can set a PB (currently just over 500k) on Raiden II, which is probably my second favourite shooter after Twin Cobra.

Comment

For the MGL i mainly compete with myself trying to improve my own best scores. There are a lot of good players here and I know there are only a small handful of games which i stand much chance of being able to compete at. I nominated some games which i think are hard last time because i like a challenge and wanted to see how much i could improve at them if they came up as well as ones i am already getting good scores at. Next MGL its likely i will be going with hard ones again as well as my stronger games depending how many we can nominate.

Comment

A bit of rivalry between friends is a good thing for improving scores. One of my friends at the arcade is very good at a lot of the games in there. I decided i had to beat his best score and boot him off his throne at one game even if he kicks my butt at all the others i had to be able to beat his best score at one just so he couldnt claim to be the best at every game he plays in there. Luckily after studying you tube videos of an expert playing and putting a lot of time into working on it I have managed to get good enough at one to be able to beat his best score which he previously held the top spot at. Sure he still beats me at everything else that we both play but still feels good to be able to beat him at one lol. Hoping to be able to be able to beat him at other games as well at some point but been working more on one of the hard games recently which he doesnt play as far as i am aware.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                    Working...
                    X