Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGL Personal Challenge Tracker

Collapse

The MAME GAMING LEAGUE, better known as the MGL, is the best arcade gaming competition in the world. All levels of gamers are WELCOME to play on the toughest games in video game history. Whether you are a novice, experienced, or pro gamer, this tournament is for you .The MGL is a truly global and international competition, with gamers competing from over 16 countries. Having a video game history of over 15 years and with over 2 million views, you can now join the MGL and make history as well. Insert coin and game with your friends, the greats, and the unexpected, from the MASSIVE video game universe.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im currently playing learning wonderboy. going for the easy 7-4 1cc to begin with. And then will attempt the 8-4

I have completed every level with the doll and hidden letter in practice. just need to string it together in 1 game now.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Comment

If a BOTA event ever does eventuate that we are invited to be a part of, Wonder Boy would be a good choice for the Aussies/NZ teams, assuming we could persuade both Rob and Barra to travel to Brisbane to be a part of the team. 3 very capable players. Though I'm not sure how the usual suspects from the USA are at this game.

Comment

had a couple attempts on wonderboy the other night. Back to back pbs

Both games had a bunch of completely stupid deaths. but i feel like a break through game is coming up. I will be doing less practice and more attempts for a while.

838k and then a 911k died right at the end of 6-2. Getting a few games where i dont die until into the 600k range now.

If anyone's interested to see the games i can upload the inp file. but i may stream them to twitch over the weekend along with some more attempts.

sigpic

Comment

I got this score a couple of weeks ago, below in italics is the post I put on FB but I forgot to post here about it. Galaxians has been in my top 10 of all time favourites since I first played it BITD so needless to say I have played it quite a bit and getting a PB is a big deal for me. I love the sounds and colours and the simple but challenging gameplay

Home from N/S...no sleep for 28hrs and had a few cans and wanting to relax with a few games. This can often be difficult as the fatigue makes it difficult to be sharp enough to enjoy a good game. So after a few failed games and rage quits I decided that galaxians might not prove too challenging with two way control and one button
          Yep and it seemed my reduced field of focus was perfect for dodging without being distracted.
          150k round 46 is a new cab best for me and possibly an all time PB on Namco set1 default.
          Yay...buuurP

Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
            Galaxians has been in my top 10 of all time favourites since I first played it BITD so needless to say I have played it quite a bit and getting a PB is a big deal for me.
            A new PB is always exciting. Congratulations on the new high score Rat.
            My Twitch stream -

Comment

I've moved on to Q*Bert again, trying to learn to marathon it as I did some years ago. Actually feel like I'm making some progress now that I've worked a few things out:

Click image for larger version

Name:	qbert.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	1833497

Did I think 148k last night on the tournament settings which is 5 lives only. Will double check that score and probably upload it to TG.

Was actually hoping to add Q*Bert to the list of games where I rolled the score, but just watching some other players video's this morning I think it rolls at 100,000,000 which will not be happening for any number of reasons, much less it would take 5+ days

Comment

got this about a week ago. Game over on the 7-4 boss. If i managed to defeat the boss. the game would have been around 1.5mil. Had another game last night just under 1.1 mil again that ended on 7-2 at the tricky cloud jump. shouldnt be long now before i complete 7-4 for the first ending.

sigpic

Comment

Okay, I just noticed Wonder Boy is holding a club? He doesn't use a club in the game, what gives?

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                    Okay, I just noticed Wonder Boy is holding a club? He doesn't use a club in the game, what gives? [emoji38]
                    Its an axe u just cant see a of the head of it

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mameshane View Post
                      Its an axe u just cant see a of the head of it

No, I'm not buying that. The handle is too long for the axe which is more like a hatchet that he throws in the game

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                        No, I'm not buying that. The handle is too long for the axe which is more like a hatchet that he throws in the game
                        Smoke and mirrors

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mameshane View Post
                          got this about a week ago. Game over on the 7-4 boss. If i managed to defeat the boss. the game would have been around 1.5mil. Had another game last night just under 1.1 mil again that ended on 7-2 at the tricky cloud jump. shouldnt be long now before i complete 7-4 for the first ending.
                          Well done getting that far, BITD I could get to the 7-2 (there is no fckin cloud) jump without loss, kept trying for weeks but never once could I get past it
                          even when I did see it done years later & used a cheat to have multiple attempts I could only do it 1 in 30 or so !! stupid cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by SectionZ View Post
                            Well done getting that far, BITD I could get to the 7-2 (there is no fckin cloud) jump without loss, kept trying for weeks but never once could I get past it
                            even when I did see it done years later & used a cheat to have multiple attempts I could only do it 1 in 30 or so !! stupid cloud.
                            That 7-2 cloud jump was where 99.9% of my games ended BITD as well usually with multiple lives in hand. On the rare occasions I did get past it I always seemed to get to the 7-4 end without a problem.

Not any more.

The last time I got to the dreaded cloud jump was in an MGL a few years ago, cleared it first try then died miserably in either 7-3 or early 7-4. Haven't been close since.

Maybe it's time to move the junk off of the machine (or just fire up MAME) and put in a few hours of practice

Edit: A bit rusty and a lot of mistakes but 903,850 Area 6 Round 3

Name:	wboy0000.png
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	1833537
                            Last edited by RMacauley; 1 April 2018, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Another increase. This time 924,350 Area 7-1. Still a lot of mistakes but it's slowly coming back to me.

Might fire it up again in a few minutes

Name:	wboy0001.png
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	1833538

Comment

Finally!!

7-4 clear

I will uploaded the playback on twitch this evening and add a link for anyone interested.

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X