Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL Personal Challenge Tracker

• Super Moderator

Are you playing a game with goal in mind and want to share your progress with your fellow MGLers?

Need somewhere to record your progress, share your failures and success, vent your frustration, Asks for some tips?

Well I am and I couldn't see another thread I wanted to junk all over, so this is it. Kind of a random crap thread for your gaming challenges.

I want to score a million on Pac-Man :p

My High score prior to today was 297,000. I thought I had 3 problems.

1. I'm still using a wireless keyboard for 4 way games (yes, yes I know, just make something you lazy git)

2. I have the concentration span of a gnat, I play a game that's repetitive like Pac-Man and my mind wanders off, my eyes glaze over as I think about getting to my next target (or why there is no beer breaks) and the next minute I've gone past the tunnel and..well you know.

3. Lack of talent

Today I had my first games in 3 weeks and made some progress, 445,170

Still had problem 1, problem 2 was better I didn't loose a life from the 9th key until I brain farted twice on this pattern and died

Big difference was today I wore my glasses. Who thought non fuzzy pac dudes would help :rolleyes

pacm0016.png.b00f829649501411c765d3942f63049e.png

Anyway, enough rambling. Thanks for listening!

• Like 1

I use the MGL itself as my motivator. The fact that it's a two week window of play means that I'm happy to focus for that period rather than chasing an infinite score over a limitless time frame. My target is a PB on the game which I can normally achieve - I think due to the focus, the tips, banter and friendly competition. Sometimes I like to set a target of a %age of someone I recognise as a gun player.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a few games that I would like to improve on.

Mr. Do!

My current PB is 1,364,150.

I haven't been playing this much lately and am just getting back into it.

My target for this is 2,000,000.

Donkey Kong.

My current PB is 287,900.

Until last week my PB was 194,900 and my aim was to get to 200,000.

I achieved that so my new target is 300,000.

Burgertime

My current PB is 841,550.

I have been at this one for a while. I know where there are more points available, I just have to get everything right on the one game.

My target for this game is 1,000,000.

Popeye

My current PB is 91,600.

I really only got into this the last time it was played in the MGL. I really wanted to get 100,000 back then but didn't achieve it.

My target for this game is 100,000.

I hope to be back here soon and update these scores.

I like the idea of a MPCT thread. I personally want to get my WR on Space Zap back. While Twin Galaxies says I only had it for 2 months I actually played the game 4 years earlier in 2011 but for various reasons (both mine and TG's) couldn't submit the video. I am 29,000 pts behind the TG score and 42,000 behind the Aurcade score. In Space Zap those are large numbers. I still have the MAME Space Zap record. I have been burned out on the game for the last year or so but maybe this thread will help get me back on track.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I like the idea of a MPCT thread. I personally want to get my WR on Space Zap back. While Twin Galaxies says I only had it for 2 months I actually played the game 4 years earlier in 2011 but for various reasons (both mine and TG's) couldn't submit the video. I am 29,000 pts behind the TG score and 42,000 behind the Aurcade score. In Space Zap those are large numbers. I still have the MAME Space Zap record. I have been burned out on the game for the last year or so but maybe this thread will help get me back on track.

Bob, what technique can you find or use to bridge the gap in score? Do you know what the other gamers are doing? It's a great game and takes quick reflexes.

I do know that after the "TIE Fighter" screen that 70-80% of the time the ships appear on the top or bottom and I do take advantage of that. Since it is a simple game in execution there aren't many tricks. It is just how fast are your reactions. The ships are slow again after you die for 4-6 ships but even those "easy" points come at the cost of just having died.

• 3 months later...

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!:realmad:

I've never been so angry at a new PB.

My goal for BurgerTime is 1,000,000.

I've been stuck in the 700k-800k range for a while now and haven't been able to progress.

I asked @RMacauley to watch some of my gameplay today to see if he could offer my any advice or tips. He gave me three very simple tips and I tried them out on my next game.

I had a pretty solid game and hit a new PB of 876,400 but finished the game very dissatisfied.

I had Peter Peppers galore, the ingredients were following me around like lonely puppies, the burgers were going together beautifully and I had enough pepper to season any hot dog, pickle or egg that came my way...

...but it all fell apart.

Bad timing, missing ladders, wrong turns and throwing more pepper than Gordon Ramsay and Jamie Oliver in a food fight caused my line up of Peter Peppers to leave the kitchen one after another.

I'm having a rest, going to my own kitchen to make a delicious burger, drink a cold beer and then get back at it again.

I'm so close I can taste it.

272698849_ImageUploadedByAussieArcade1519532194.844034.jpg.36f193dac9684d0c8e56ad4deadf5cd9.jpg

Yes, yes, yes!

I did it!

I am so pumped right now. I have finally hit the one million mark on BurgerTime.

Just finished a game and ended up with 1,088,100. I am really happy with this score.

The game got a bit crazy and the ingredients speed was out of control, I couldn't have got any more out of this one.

The game is on my Twitch feed (link below) if you want to watch me make a lot of burgers.

Thanks Rob @RMacauley for the tips today, they were just what I needed to get across the line.

179571391_ImageUploadedByAussieArcade1519549004.723260.jpg.75de1e6c9e2d1253df1e08c19af83924.jpg

Yes, yes, yes!

I did it!

I am so pumped right now. I have finally hit the one million mark on BurgerTime.

Just finished a game and ended up with 1,088,100. I am really happy with this score.

The game got a bit crazy and the ingredients speed was out of control, I couldn't have got any more out of this one.

The game is on my Twitch feed (link below) if you want to watch me make a lot of burgers.

Thanks Rob @RMacauley for the tips today, they were just what I needed to get across the line.

[ATTACH]124628[/ATTACH]

Duck yeah buddy great job!

Yes, yes, yes!

I did it!

[ATTACH]124628[/ATTACH]

Mate this has made my day. You had the basics down and I'm so glad you've made it. I'll have a look at the twitch stream in a minute.

Next stop 2 million. You can do it

I'm sorta working on and off on various games, I get disheartened quickly and move onto something else :lol

Rolled Space Invaders for the first time today. Only been semi-serious about learning it in the last week or so, so pretty happy with my progress to date.

End goal is to get at the bare minimum a score roll over on original hardware up on Twin Galaxies - hopefully in the next month or two I'll have a chance to do so at one of the arcades here in Brisbane.

Pic shows the bullet about to hit the UFO to roll the score - not shown is a pic of me dying almost immediately after :D

1456006459_spacies10030.PNG.67c5ce755603032ab5be34142430acf2.PNG

Apart from this, hoping to also have a shot at the Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings on Gyruss [Arcade] - 5 lives track, maybe also increasing my Pac-Man score and even posting a Galaga score on an original PCB to put the fear of God into Barra.

I'm sorta working on and off on various games, I get disheartened quickly and move onto something else :lol

Rolled Space Invaders for the first time today. Only been semi-serious about learning it in the last week or so, so pretty happy with my progress to date.

These days I find myself lacking the motivation to persist with games quite often. I go through phases where I really try to figure out a game (DK in 2012 for example) and then completely lose interest. I've been meaning to work on 2 stages on Burgertime for years but do it in short bursts and leave it for a long time.

I may have rolled Space Invaders once and once only in the late 80's. Believe it or not an operator swapped 1942 for Space Invaders in our local pub. At the time I was getting consistant 7-9K scores. Can't do it now.

Would love to get back up to speed on Wonderboy (average 1M back in the day), score 200K+ on Moon Patrol on an actual machine and maybe a million on Gyruss (PB 661K in NZ in I think 2015)

Dare to dream I guess

Im currently playing learning wonderboy. going for the easy 7-4 1cc to begin with. And then will attempt the 8-4

I have completed every level with the doll and hidden letter in practice. just need to string it together in 1 game now.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

If a BOTA event ever does eventuate that we are invited to be a part of, Wonder Boy would be a good choice for the Aussies/NZ teams, assuming we could persuade both Rob and Barra to travel to Brisbane to be a part of the team. 3 very capable players. Though I'm not sure how the usual suspects from the USA are at this game.

• 2 weeks later...

had a couple attempts on wonderboy the other night. Back to back pbs

Both games had a bunch of completely stupid deaths. :( but i feel like a break through game is coming up. I will be doing less practice and more attempts for a while.

838k and then a 911k died right at the end of 6-2. Getting a few games where i dont die until into the 600k range now. 1b9f6e54c7c6965d8d48d4594e9416f0.jpg19a98f813e6d0ca0cf9290bb89ba1925.jpg

If anyone's interested to see the games i can upload the inp file. but i may stream them to twitch over the weekend along with some more attempts.

• 3 weeks later...

I got this score a couple of weeks ago, below in italics is the post I put on FB but I forgot to post here about it. Galaxians has been in my top 10 of all time favourites since I first played it BITD so needless to say I have played it quite a bit and getting a PB is a big deal for me. I love the sounds and colours and the simple but challenging gameplay :)

Home from N/S...no sleep for 28hrs and had a few cans and wanting to relax with a few games. This can often be difficult as the fatigue makes it difficult to be sharp enough to enjoy a good game. So after a few failed games and rage quits I decided that galaxians might not prove too challenging with two way control and one button 1f642.png

Yep and it seemed my reduced field of focus was perfect for dodging without being distracted.

150k round 46 is a new cab best for me and possibly an all time PB on Namco set1 default.

Yay...buuurP 1f603.png

AoU9ZNDh.jpg

• Like 1

Galaxians has been in my top 10 of all time favourites since I first played it BITD so needless to say I have played it quite a bit and getting a PB is a big deal for me.

A new PB is always exciting. Congratulations on the new high score Rat. :applause:

I've moved on to Q*Bert again, trying to learn to marathon it as I did some years ago. Actually feel like I'm making some progress now that I've worked a few things out:

qbert.png.7a29df0711ee3f0a6f1bf3a80e60d1ac.png

Did I think 148k last night on the tournament settings which is 5 lives only. Will double check that score and probably upload it to TG.

Was actually hoping to add Q*Bert to the list of games where I rolled the score, but just watching some other players video's this morning I think it rolls at 100,000,000 which will not be happening for any number of reasons, much less it would take 5+ days :D

got this about a week ago. Game over on the 7-4 boss. If i managed to defeat the boss. the game would have been around 1.5mil. Had another game last night just under 1.1 mil again that ended on 7-2 at the tricky cloud jump. shouldnt be long now before i complete 7-4 for the first ending. 7203ef6e6cd6c077da1bfa1357d48c57.jpg

Its an axe u just cant see a of the head of it

No, I'm not buying that. The handle is too long for the axe which is more like a hatchet that he throws in the game :P