Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

World Championship of eSports 2017

http://i.imgur.com/qLXIzB2.png

Competition:

The gamer with the highest total competition score over the tournaments MGL31, MGL32, MGL33 and MGL34 will be the CAG World Champion for 2017. This is a tough 37 weeks with 37 games season, competing world wide on the most challenging classic arcade video games. If there is a tie on the overall scoreboard, then a head to head game win count will be used to determine the final placings.

Prizes:

In January 2018, the World Champion will win, as well as the prestigious and undisputed title of CAG World Champion for 2017, 375 AUD in cash. 2nd place will win 190 AUD, 3rd place will win 140 AUD, 4th place will win 130 AUD and 5th place will win 125 AUD.

Additionally, in each MGL, every gamer that plays all of the games has the chance to win the mystery prize. So if there are 9 games and you play and submit for all 9, then if you are drawn from the pool of qualifiers, then you will win all of the prizes. Whether you finish in the top half or the lower half in the tournament, you have a chance to win. Prizes will be cash and/or CAG memorabilia. For example in MGL31, the mystery prize will be 250 AUD and 3 mystery prizes.

Point system:

The incremental point system will be used for each game. 1st place will earn 100 points, 2nd place 99 points, 3rd place 98 points and so on. All gamers will earn competition points for their scores and the point system may be adjusted incrementally higher due to the number of submissions for that game.

Games:

Games are nominated by the competitors and sent by PM to the Gamemaster. Games must be selected from 1976 to 1990 and no trackball or steering wheel games are to be nominated. The number of games that can be nominated by each competitor will be posted for each MGL. The games to be played in the competition will be randomly drawn from the pool of nominations. Only unique games will be in the pool, as there will be no duplications from nominations. The order of game play will be determined by the Gamemaster and each game will be released weekly for competition.

Settings:

The game settings will be posted in each MGL and gamers must ensure they compete on these settings only. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing allowed. No auto fire allowed. No cheats allowed.

The WolfMAME version 0.106 is highly recommended, however any later version can be used. Only the version 0.106 ROM set will be posted for each game and the equivalent for other MAME versions can be used.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

Submissions:

Gamers are to post a screenshot/photo of their score with initials in the game thread. Games are only open for 17 days and any score submissions made after the game is closed by the Gamemaster will not be accepted. Scores at aussiearcade.com will be combined with scores from twingalaxies.com to form the world championship scoreboard.

Gamers:

Professional and casual gamers can play all or just some of the games. Gamers do not need to nominate games to play, they can play any game during the tournament. Streaming games and posting/sharing tips is encouraged, as is friendly banter in the gaming community. Striving for PBs, learning and playing the best a gamer can … are all highly encouraged. As all members at AA are registered, there is no additional registration process for the championships.

Further details will be posted at the launch of each MGL. Good gaming and good luck to all competitors.

OOO

Edited by OOO

http://i.imgur.com/qLXIzB2.png

Competition:

The gamer with the highest total competition score over the tournaments MGL31, MGL32, MGL33 and MGL34 will be the CAG World Champion for 2017. This is a tough 37 weeks with 37 games season, competing world wide on the most challenging classic arcade video games. If there is a tie on the overall scoreboard, then a head to head game win count will be used to determine the final placings.

Prizes:

In January 2018, the World Champion will win, as well as the prestigious and undisputed title of CAG World Champion for 2017, 375 AUD in cash. 2nd place will win 190 AUD, 3rd place will win 140 AUD, 4th place will win 130 AUD and 5th place will win 125 AUD.

Additionally, in each MGL, every gamer that plays all of the games has the chance to win the mystery prize. So if there are 9 games and you play and submit for all 9, then if you are drawn from the pool of qualifiers, then you will win all of the prizes. Whether you finish in the top half or the lower half in the tournament, you have a chance to win. Prizes will be cash and/or CAG memorabilia. For example in MGL31, the mystery prize will be 250 AUD and 3 mystery prizes.

Point system:

The incremental point system will be used for each game. 1st place will earn 100 points, 2nd place 99 points, 3rd place 98 points and so on. All gamers will earn competition points for their scores and the point system may be adjusted incrementally higher due to the number of submissions for that game.

Games:

Games are nominated by the competitors and sent by PM to the Gamemaster. Games must be selected from 1976 to 1990 and no trackball or steering wheel games are to be nominated. The number of games that can be nominated by each competitor will be posted for each MGL. The games to be played in the competition will be randomly drawn from the pool of nominations. Only unique games will be in the pool, as there will be no duplications from nominations. The order of game play will be determined by the Gamemaster and each game will be released weekly for competition.

Settings:

The game settings will be posted in each MGL and gamers must ensure they compete on these settings only. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing allowed. No auto fire allowed. No cheats allowed.

The WolfMAME version 0.106 is highly recommended, however any later version can be used. Only the version 0.106 ROM set will be posted for each game and the equivalent for other MAME versions can be used.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

Submissions:

Gamers are to post a screenshot/photo of their score with initials in the game thread. Games are only open for 17 days and any score submissions made after the game is closed by the Gamemaster will not be accepted. Scores at aussiearcade.com will be combined with scores from twingalaxies.com to form the world championship scoreboard.

Gamers:

Professional and casual gamers can play all or just some of the games. Gamers do not need to nominate games to play, they can play any game during the tournament. Streaming games and posting/sharing tips is encouraged, as is friendly banter in the gaming community. Striving for PBs, learning and playing the best a gamer can … are all highly encouraged. As all members at AA are registered, there is no additional registration process for the championships.

Further details will be posted at the launch of each MGL. Good gaming and good luck to all competitors.

OOO

I've been away from the forums for a while and I'm glad I've spotted this. This is a great idea and it's new, fresh and expanding on the great formula of the past MGLs.

I sure it will be a great competition for all [emoji106]

Edited by OOO

When do nominations close?

I was itching for more MGL!

This is going to be a great season! ... MGL31 will be launched after midnight on Friday 3-March-17 Sydney time, and the call for nominations thread will then be posted.

So you can start thinking about the games you want to nominate, but you will need to wait until that date to find out the rules for MGL31, and then nominate your games by PM ... http://i.imgur.com/z91itqI.gif

Edited by OOO

Says 37 games in the description. Wonder what OOO has planned? :)

Need to get Pepper II in there somewhere - absolutely hated the game at first, but it is a beauty.

I'll be doing my best to get Jumping Jack in again also - fantastic game. Wonder if I can get a PCB for that, that would be cool at NW.

So this is over 4 MGL's at 9 games each - 36 games. How do I rig this so that every game is BnJ or some variation of it?

36 games to be played at 100 points each for the win.

1 grand final game of Mr. Do to be played with 3700 points on offer for the win.

So this is over 4 MGL's at 9 games each - 36 games. How do I rig this so that every game is BnJ or some variation of it?

There are 37 games, an odd number of games, to ensure any tie breaker on head to head win count will finalise the placings on the overall scoreboard.

For example, if you finish equal 18th in the world, then a head to head win count will be taken. As there is an odd number of games, that should separate the players on the scoreboard.

A close head to head win count would be 19 to 18 ... so every point counts!

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/9r71ngx.png

Edited by OOO

• 2 weeks later...
Oh yeah, keen to get in on this action!

Keen? The action has already started ... where is @DrCurlytek?

Time for you to play and post some scores ... it's games on ... http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/86440-MGL-31-Game-1-Donkey-Kong-(closes-26-Mar) and http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/86441-MGL-31-Game-2-Pac-man-(closes-26-Mar) ...

- - - Updated - - -

And @Sam J likes Donkey Kong, well it's up! ... http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/86440-MGL-31-Game-1-Donkey-Kong-(closes-26-Mar) ... INSERT COIN!

• 2 months later...
Anyone else keen?

Love the photo of you at work ... need the big screen shot ...

http://i.imgur.com/DuMXspm.jpg

John73 hit the date right ... games start 2-Jun-2017 ... that's 10 sleeps to go ... http://i.imgur.com/0ocpxw6.gif ... a bit of eggplant like in Dig Dug.

I am working on the promotion video, the launch banner and setting up the MGL templates ... awesome tournament to come ... http://i.imgur.com/uDZXNwi.gif ... you'll see!

The call for nominations will be posted on Saturday morning this week ... I have a bit of work to do ... http://i.imgur.com/zXdl7Co.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...