• Show
Clear All

• Twin Cobra

HIGH SCORES
    1. Staceyamusements 1,422,170 - area 260
    2. Feeras 1,356,450 - area 182
    3. Shock 1,210,890 - area 167
    4. bwodie 486,130

I haven't been doing much arcade gaming lately but like DKongs idea about game threads/high score challenges and what Smit started with Snow Bros.
    I thought I'd start one up with Twin Cobra. I'm not sure what roms make any difference but I just used Twin Cobra (World).
    What a great game! This is one I used to play as a kid.

I will post a score very soon, but let's keep 'em coming boys!!

476,740 - area 95
    666,580 - area 120
    863,160 - area 136
    1,048,560 - area 155
    1,210,890 - area 167
    Last edited by Shock_And_Awe; 30th September 2007, 10:09 AM.
    Man cannot live with just one pinball.
    sigpic

I'm in! I used to play that game a lot. May not have time this weekend but during the week I'll give it a crack.. I'll try 1942 too..

Comment

can i input scores from playin on the pcb?
      not sure if its the world or us board i have. can check for markings?
      sigpic

Comment

yeah for sure. I'm not sure what the differences are but anyway a good gamer never blames his...er..roms.
        Last edited by Shock_And_Awe; 9th September 2006, 03:04 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

greatest shooter EVER
          great choice shock
          sigpic

Comment

just thinking if you guys are keen, maybe if you wanted to start a challenge on a game you then need to maintain that thread and keep the high score and persons name in the title. If another player beats this score then they make a post, submit a photo (as MGL rules) then the title of the thread is changed to the current leader?? Dunno.....is there a better way?
            The good thing about this kind of comp is that you can come and go as you please but also play what ever game you want to.
            Any thoughts on this sort of concept??
            sigpic

Comment

Had time for a couple games of Twin Cobra. The first was a shocker, the second better. The second was a score of around 1.3m. I think the area was 182. It was the last level however where the bullets seem to fly from all directions at you I'll have a go at 1942 during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by feeras View Post
                Had time for a couple games of Twin Cobra. The first was a shocker, the second better. The second was a score of around 1.3m. I think the area was 182. It was the last level however where the bullets seem to fly from all directions at you I'll have a go at 1942 during the week.

1.3m I love it man!! Awesome score....****!! I've my work cut out for me but will get to it. I love a challenge like this. What's the go with this, a couple of goes and you scored 1.3m?? You obviously like your shmupps so try on some 1942 my high was 719k I think. Hey post a pic and I'll put it up as the high score.
                sigpic

Comment

the key to twin cobra is keep moving! I've only got to the last boss once I'm pretty sure I can't do that for 1942 though. 1942 is all over the place last time i played (long time ago) and i think i worked out it was best to move only when needed.
                  Last edited by feeras; 12th September 2006, 08:58 AM.

Comment

well I just cracked the tonne for the first time. It's a good game but not as good as Flying Shark for these reasons....
                    - when you die in Flying Shark it takes you back an area so you can't progress until you are good enough to clear the area.
                    - I hate games where the score keeps going when you continue. That's one of the things that annoys me about more modern shoot em ups. I remember I used to see the highscore on a game in an arcade and think **** someone's good, but it was only because they put more coins in.
                    I got up to area 155 and I'm guessing it loops at 200?? I'll just keep at it and see. I'm not in your league yet Feeras but I'm coming after you....
                    What a workout the game is....I'll have a rest 'till tomorrow and go again.

Just made a high score table in my first post....where's some more scores??
                    Last edited by Shock_And_Awe; 11th September 2006, 08:21 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

the pins to coin up on my harness are ****ed, so i cant credit atm
                      trying to sort it lol
                      sigpic

Comment

Had a quick game tonight played before but not under the Intsenity of the MGL..got 150,000 plus.. Have to say was a bit confused with what fire power to take and found it ruined my game....trying to decide what firepower to take.. Man got some work to do here......like it though
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                          Had a quick game tonight played before but not under the Intsenity of the MGL..got 150,000 plus.. Have to say was a bit confused with what fire power to take and found it ruined my game....trying to decide what firepower to take.. Man got some work to do here......like it though
                          stick with the blue weapon the whole way in my opinion. The green laser type weapon looks to be the most powerful but it is difficult in general play. I have tried switching to this before the end bosses but then would die with it before I could change back to the blue. I've decided now just to stick with blue.
                          After playing Flying Shark in the MGL I am sure you'll find your scores improve quickly.
                          sigpic

Comment

red or blue depending what ya into i reckon
                            sigpic

Comment

blue for most of the levels. Green needed for a couple of bosses later on. It'd get to a point when your helicopter can't match the speed of the shots from the big bosses, so you'd need green. yellow is shite! useless and not even sure why it was included.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X