Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

World Championship of eSports 2020

7gRb0mX.png

Hi all Gamers World Wide,

I hope you are all well, and ready to game in the World Championship of eSports for 2020. This will be bigger and better than ever. Further details are below.

4STMXaJ.png

Competition:

The gamer with the highest total competition score over the tournaments MGL43, MGL44, MGL45 and MGL46 will be the World Champion of eSports for 2020. This is a tough 32 weeks with 40 games season, competing world wide on the most challenging arcade video games on the planet. If there is a tie on the overall scoreboard, then a head to head game win count will be used to determine the final placings. If there is still a tie, then the accumulated game scores will determine the placings.

Prizes:

In January 2021, the World Champion will win, as well as the prestigious and undisputed title of World Champion of eSports for 2020, 420 USD in cash. 2nd place will win 165 USD, 3rd place will win 125 USD, 4th place will win 120 USD, 5th place will win 115 USD, 6th place will win 110 USD and 7th place will win 100 USD.

Additionally, in each MGL, every gamer that plays all of the games has the chance to win the mystery prize. So if there are 10 games and you play and submit for all 10, then if you are drawn from the pool of qualifiers, then you will win all of the prizes. Whether you finish in the top half or the lower half in the tournament, you still have a chance to win. Prizes will be cash and/or CAG memorabilia. For example in MGL43, there will be 5 mystery prizes.

Point system:

The incremental point system will be used for each game. 1st place will earn 100 points, 2nd place 99 points, 3rd place 98 points and so on. All gamers will earn competition points for their scores and the point system may be adjusted incrementally higher due to the number of submissions for that game.

Games:

Games are nominated by the competitors and sent by PM to the Gamemaster. Games must be selected from 1976 to 1990 and no trackball or steering wheel games are to be nominated. The number of games that can be nominated by each competitor will be posted for each MGL. The games to be played in the competition will be randomly drawn from the pool of nominations. Only unique games will be in the pool, as there will be no duplications from nominations. The order of game play will be determined by the Gamemaster and each game will be released weekly for competition.

Settings:

The game settings will be posted in each MGL and gamers must ensure they compete on these settings only. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing allowed. No auto fire allowed. No cheats allowed. No stitching of inps from using save states in MAME.

The WolfMAME version 0.106 is highly recommended, however any later version can be used. Only the version 0.106 ROM set will be posted for each game and the equivalent for other MAME versions can be used.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

Submissions:

Gamers are to post a screenshot/photo of their score with initials in the game thread. Games are only open for 17 days and any score submissions made after the game is closed by the Gamemaster will not be accepted. Scores at aussiearcade.com will be combined with scores from twingalaxies.com to form the world championship scoreboard.

Gamers:

Professional and casual gamers can play all or just some of the games. Gamers do not need to nominate games to play, they can play any game during the tournament. Streaming games and posting/sharing tips are encouraged, as is friendly banter in the gaming community. Striving for PBs, learning and playing the best a gamer can are all highly encouraged. As all members at AA are registered, there is no additional registration process for the championships.

Changes to the World Championship of eSports:

Compared to last season, 6 changes have been made.

1. 40 different games will be played this season, compared to 36 different games last season, an increase of 4 games.

2. Each MGL will have 10 different games, compared to 9 each last season.

3. In previous competitions, one game was released after week 3. To improve the gamer engagement and the excitement of the competition, 2 games will now be launched after week 3. The 2020 season will be 32 weeks and has not changed compared to last season.

4. The prize money has been increased for all placings this season (except 7th place remains at 100 USD).

5. There is a new 2X bonus multiplier that will be applied to all prize money, if 150 or more different gamers compete anywhere across the four MGL tournaments. For example in this case, 1st prize will win 420 x 2 = 840 USD, 2nd prize 165 x 2 = 330 USD and so on.

6. If 75 or more different gamers play in one MGL, there will be 2 mystery prizes for 2 gamers, instead of 1 mystery prize for 1 gamer. If 150 or more different gamers play in one MGL, there will be 4 mystery prizes for 4 gamers.

Further details will be posted at the launch of each MGL. Good gaming and good luck to all competitors. If you have any questions, please feel free to post on this thread.

OOO

2tz6ovm.png

PS: For the launch of the 2020 season, please try this new arcade quiz called volume 2, to check out your gaming knowledge, and to have some fun ...

[video=youtube;0Gs-03fPQR8]

If you would like some more challenging questions, then please try volume 1 as well ...

:)

• Like 10

Wow OOO! Another great edition of the tournament.

I watched the video. I loved it!

That quiz really only the most experienced players got all the questions right. :D

I will be divulging to my friends about this tournament. I'm sure it will be great!

I recommend that everyone advertise in groups that have players who like arcade games (preferably in trusted groups that you know have honest players like us who participate here). :cool:

• Like 1

Wow OOO! Another great edition of the tournament.

I watched the video. I loved it!

That quiz really only the most experienced players got all the questions right. :D

I will be divulging to my friends about this tournament. I'm sure it will be great!

I recommend that everyone advertise in groups that have players who like arcade games (preferably in trusted groups that you know have honest players like us who participate here). :cool:

Thanks for your enthusiasm on this event, that's great.Yes it would be great if everyone could try and spread the word to get their friends or family to compete. For this season, there will also be more prizes if the gamer number targets are achieved. We are in very challenging times right now. I hope this event will inspire many gamers to engage with the great people here, and the super competition to follow.

• Like 1

I got 8 wrong in the new quiz...

That means you got 16 right which is a good effort. There were some really tricky questions. Like sometimes all of the options were related. Question 8 had all fighting game answers. Question 9 had all games starting with the letter "G". And there's more.

[video=youtube;0Gs-03fPQR8]

Good fun. Play in the MGL to build your knowledge and your gaming skill.

Gostaria de receber meu amigo @ math_physics.

Eu gostaria de fazer isso em outro tópico, mas não consigo encontrá-lo no meu celular ... Ele está interessado em competir conosco.

That sounds good. I hope your friend competes in the MGL. We'll see ... :cool:

• Like 1

I guess the only good thing to come out of this whole CORVID-19 pandemic, is the fact that I have a crap load of time on my hands, now that I'm out of work. So it's GAME ON!!! :041:
  • Like 2

I guess the only good thing to come out of this whole CORVID-19 pandemic, is the fact that I have a crap load of time on my hands, now that I'm out of work. So it's GAME ON!!! :041:

That cool! It will be great to see your skills here! Good luck! :cool:

• Like 1

I hope you haven't lost your job due to the virus measures. It's really tough for everyone out there right now, no matter where you are on the planet. On the positive side, there's plenty of friends, new friends to be made, rivalries and good times ahead in this video gaming competition. Insert coin and press 1UP. Almost go time ...

• Like 1

My noms are in.

Tempest

Outrun

Discs of Tron

Star Trek Strategic Mission Simulator

well.. I can wish..

good luck everyone! Game On!

Maybe one day it will happen. Maybe an all in one fancy controller can be purchased in the future to play all of these and all the other special control games.

• Like 1

In the first 3 years of the World Championship of Esports, we have had 3 x amazing champions, and 100s of great gamers from all levels of skill and experience.

ZywcMzX.jpg

It's great to see that we have had 3 x different winners of the WCE so far. In other sports, like the NFL with the Green Bay Packers winning the 1st two Super Bowls (1967 and 1968), like South Sydney winning the 1st two Rugby League Grand Finals (1908 and 1909), and Fitzroy winning 2 x AFL premierships out of the first 3 (1898 and 1899), there was a strong dominance by those teams in those starting years. However in the WCE, it's very open competitively to a vast number of gamers across the whole planet.

Game nominations will close today for MGLXLIII, so if you would like to nominate some great games to play, please feel free to submit your list by PM.

Games start soon ... :)

• Like 3

Maybe one day it will happen. Maybe an all in one fancy controller can be purchased in the future to play all of these and all the other special control games.

Ditto. I would LOVE to be able to play Arkanoid, using a spinner controller (can also be used for DOT).

• Like 1

I hope you haven't lost your job due to the virus measures...

Unfortunately Paul, I did fall victim to that. It's been almost 3 weeks ago now. :( I have things in place though to offset my lack of income at the moment. There are other means of receiving compensation from our government and local authorities (i.e. reemployment compensation and food assistance benefits). So in the meantime, I'm taking advantage of the downtime by doing things like, playing in the MGL, playing in the MGL and uhh, playing in the MGL. :D Let the games begin! Oh and for us folks here in the state of Florida, last night, the governor issued a stay-at-home order for 30 days. Game on! :)

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

WCEIV Presentation

4STMXaJ.png

WCEIV began 9 months ago on April 3rd 2020. With an increased schedule of 40 different games over a 32 week season, this was an even greater competition in the toughest eSports championship of video games.

sYA8J8i.png

The 2020 World Championship was played over 4 tournaments and attracted gamers into competition from 17 countries.

MGLXLIII was played from April-3 to May-31 and was won by Matt Sales from Colorado. Patrick Stanley from Georgia was 14 points behind and finished in 2nd place. Martin Racine from Canada played his first ever MGL and finished in 3rd place. Andrew Barrow from New Zealand (5 time MGL Champion) finished in 4th place, and Robert Macauley from South Australia, finished in 5th place.

z9Vb18T.png

To view the complete scoreboard, right click and select “Open image in new tab�

MGLXLIV was played from Jun-19 to Aug-16 and was won by Matt Sales for his 2nd MGL win in the series. Patrick Stanley finished in 2nd place again, just missing out on the title by 1 point. John McAllister from Washington finished in 3rd place, only 7 points behind 2nd place. Joonas Taimi from Finland played in his maiden MGL and finished in 4th place. Max Haraske from New Hampshire finished in 5th place.

joVgT21.png

MGLXLV was played from Sep-4 to Nov-1 and was won by Patrick Stanley for his first ever MGL tournament win. Terence Wong from Victoria Australia finished in 2nd place, only 14 points behind the winner. Pessimeister from Victoria Australia recorded his best ever MGL finish with 3rd place. Arcadinator from Victoria Australia recorded his best ever MGL finish with 4th place. (There was great play from gamers based in Victoria Australia, taking out 2nd place to 4th place, well played gamers!) Daniel Larsen from Denmark, the WCEI World Champion, finished in 5th place.

JjrfPsc.png

MGLXLVI was played from Nov-27 to Jan-24 and was won by Robert Macauley. He became a 9 time winner of the MGL tournament over the last 9 years, the most all time wins by any gamer in MGL history. John McAllister finished in 2nd place, his best ever finish in the MGL. Terence Wong finished in 3rd place after a tie on points with Patrick Stanley, winning the head to head count 6 to 4. Patrick Stanley finished in 4th place, and Charlie Milne from New South Wales Australia finished in 5th place.

mQ5PGjS.png

Final World Championship of eSports standings:

O1eo6W1.png

Congratulations to all gamers that participated in WCEIV, the fourth World Championship of eSports. To play in all 40 games for 32 weeks on these super tough games is an amazing achievement. The Top 20 deserve special mention for their outstanding effort and great achievement in the contest.

g3gZU0x.png

Several new personal bests and world records were achieved by gamers. Many of these MGL scores were submitted by gamers to Twin Galaxies for verification, and to improve their TG ESI ranking in the world standings. The competition was close by all standards of tenacity, endurance, strategy, timing and skill. However throughout the 4 tough tournaments, Patrick Stanley played excellent in the 40 games during the season, including 6 game wins, to become the undisputed World Champion of eSports for 2020.

jyDZosw.png

The Top 7 of the World Championship of eSports for 2020 are as follows:

1. opyCFZw.png Patrick Stanley (USA)

2. http://i.imgur.com/p5dS4Mx.png Robert Macauley (Australia)

3. http://i.imgur.com/p5dS4Mx.png Pessimeister (Australia)

4. 16GAmyn.png Darren Mcgahey (Northern Ireland)

5. X4xwuxf.png Daniel Larsen (Denmark)

6. opyCFZw.png Jeff Mikuska (USA)

7. 16GAmyn.png Evan Mcgahey (Northern Ireland)

Prizes have been won by these gamers for their outstanding performance in this World Championship. Congratulations to you all.

q8mFVKd.png

Congratulations Patrick Stanley, World Champion of eSports for 2020.

UYkrBzd.png

In closing, 2020 proved to be a very challenging year for all gamers. The World Championship of eSports was a huge success this season, with an “all time high� number of competitors, views and games played. With the large variety of games played over 236 days, and the great competitors from all over the world, this truly was a challenging and dramatic event. Covid-19 is a pandemic that we all would like to disappear, however it was a factor that affected everyone in the gaming world. To all gamers who played the games, and all the fans and viewers who watched this championship, I hope you enjoyed the tremendous competition. Keep safe, be happy and be healthy for the future. Until the incredibly amazing and absolutely astonishing gaming starts again in 2021, watch out … and may all your games be great ones!

QxTJYRl.png

Here are the MGL season end credits, which recognizes all of the gamers, all of the games, and what it took to make the championship a reality ...

OOO

• Like 7