Wonderboy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderboy

I've just decided to make a go at completing Wonderboy. The last time I had a reasonable go on WB was in one of the MGLs and so within a few games got back to form just then with 650k or so on level 5-2. I think the game goes up to level 7-4 so there's still a long way to go.

I know Amy's going to start work on this mission too so thought I'd throw out the challenge to fellow MGL-ers.

Anyone keen? Anyone finished it? This is a one credit finish as well.

C'mon guys get to it and post where you're at!
    Man cannot live with just one pinball.
    sigpic

No chance. I'm happy (like, seriously impressed) if I beat the first boss on one credit.

I'm ok at building machines, I suck at playing on them.
    My Projects
    sigpic

Comment

are we doing the one in monster land or world or whatever it is???

Comment

Amy, Monsterland is the sequel and you know you should be playing them in the right order

Wonderboy Set 1 I think are the roms I'm using.

Think I might go and have a bash at it right now.....
        sigpic

Comment

I was considering you because I know you don't like doing things in order!!!
          I'm going to practise, I'll be back with questions

Comment

the memories a thread like this brings back......
            http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...ight=wonderboy
            sigpic

Comment

If it's Monster Land i can 1CC that. I play though it at least once a week.....one of the best arcade games ever made!!!! I'll challenge you guys on score for that one...but if you can't beat it then you have no chance because you get something like 5x what your score is for beating the dragon at the end.

But the first post tells me it's not I'm pretty good at both of those games, and i have to say that wonderboy 1 would be around 45x harder to 1cc than Monster Land If any of you guys manage to do it...that would impress me If you manage to do it any get to level 8.... and then pass it......you are godlike?

Comment

yeah Monsterland is a great game too. I haven't played it in ages or at least since it was a game in the MGL. I can finish it but not sure what my high score would be. I got 1.3M when it was in the MGL - not sure if that's any good though... what's a god score to finish the game? What's your high? Maybe I'll get back to that one later after WB.
                Here's a link to the high scores page....
                http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=13631

Stu have a go at Wonderboy why don't you??
                sigpic

Comment

what are the dolls and letters for???

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                    what are the dolls and letters for???
                    the dolls basically double your bonus at the end of every stage. I'm not sure if there's anything more to it than that.
                    There is a hidden letter on each stage. They start at 1000 pts then 2000 then 3000 and then an extra man. Well worth collecting them.
                    sigpic

Comment

I finished this game a long time ago,and havent been able to complete it sinse.Too much bloody beers i tell you,and hands that are a little shacky not like they used to be in my youth

Funny that you bought it up ,cause ive been playing it for the last long time and still cant crack it,but when i do i,ll post up the pic.

Hopefully one up on you Mark,cause i just cannot finish that F***King Ghosties!

Cheers

Comment

The dolls in WB1 you have to collect every single one (1 per level) and when you pass level 7-4 you go onto the real last world. World 8-1 to 8-4.

I'm not 100% sure on the scores on WB2, i'll fire it up later and play through and see what i get.

Comment

Occassionally I see mini-wonderboys pop up (extra lives). Is there any patern to whether and where they appear?
                          My Projects
                          sigpic

Comment

Not sure on the extra lives thing, but as for the dolls, some of them you have to do things like run into particular rocks or even fire to make them appear. Which is kinda shit, but makes getting to world 8 all the more godlike.

Comment

Originally posted by litz View Post
                              I finished this game a long time ago,and havent been able to complete it sinse.Too much bloody beers i tell you,and hands that are a little shacky not like they used to be in my youth

Funny that you bought it up ,cause ive been playing it for the last long time and still cant crack it,but when i do i,ll post up the pic.

Hopefully one up on you Mark,cause i just cannot finish that F***King Ghosties!

Cheers
                              Het Stuart, when you play it can you let us know where you're up to on it

I haven't finished Ghost n Goblins yet but finished Ghouls n Ghosts. Amy's the only one I know that's finished Ghosts.
                              sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X