Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

GameEx license giveaway MGL

GameEx License Giveaway

Promotional MGL Game

The following game will be run as per MGL rules in order to win a GameEX license. This is a separate single game tournament and has no relation to the current MGL tournament 5 which is currently in progress. The highest score by midnight next Thursday 7th February will be the winner. Please remember that to submit a score you will need to place your score in the subject line and submit a screen shot to support your score. Scores can be updated at any time during before the closing date.

Kangaroo (Atari)

Rom: Kangaroo (Atari) kangaroa

A platform game in which the player controls a mother Kangaroo who must climb through the treetops trying to rescue her captured son. Numerous monkeys, the kidnappers of her child, roam the levels set on stopping the player's progress. The monkeys constantly throw apples at the Kangaroo which must either be avoided (either by ducking or jumping, depending on the height of the approaching apple), or punched away, the latter of which allows the Kangaroo to punch the apple back towards the attacking monkey.

If the player stalls for too long or does not punch either an apple or a monkey, a giant ape will appear and steal the Kangaroo's boxing gloves, leaving the player temporarily defenseless. The gloves are returned after a short time.

Fruit and vegetables litter the levels and can be picked up for bonus points. Each level also has a bell hanging from one of its platforms, which can be punched to make fruit and vegetable items appear. The game consists of 4 different stages, once these are completed the game begins again with an increased level of difficulty.

- TRIVIA -

Released in June 1982.

Also licensed to Atari (July 1982, Game ID : 136008). Approximately 9,800 units were produced by Atari.

David Kirk holds the official record for this game with 921,800 points.

In 1982, Atari released a set of 12 collector pins including : "Missile Command", "Battle Zone", "Tempest", "Asteroids Deluxe", "Space Duel", "Centipede", "Gravitar", "Dig Dug", "Kangaroo", "Xevious", "Millipede" and "Food Fight".

Kangaroo also spawned a cartoon series of the same name : Ruby-Spears Productions. Produced By Joe Ruby, Ken Spears. Aired as part of the second season of 'Saturday Supercade' on CBS.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Please also remember to edit your original post and not submit multiple score postings.

Your scores need to be in by next THURSDAY 7th February BY MIDNIGHT.

Amy

• Administrators
I used to hate this game, but being Kangaroo had to play it in the Arcades.

Since MAME (bless you) have had a few cracks at it, and forgave the clunky movement.

Boxing gloves on!

I have a real soft spot for it. We use to go on holidays when i was yong to Thunderbird Park up on Tambourine Mountain. there were a selct few games up there but I remember that Kangaroo and Moon Patrol were 2 of them and the first games i sought after when I started collecting.