Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The MGL with Paul OOO Hornitzky as Gamemaster

fHhAlaj.png

After a very busy MGL season that just finished a few weeks ago, I wanted to go back in time to when I first started running the competition in 2013. It's incredible that over 5 years has past where so many fun and great gamers from all over the planet played in the competition on so many fantastic arcade games. Based on the research, I created an MGL infographic for an easy to read and easy to understand sharing of the information. I also wanted to discover for myself and create awareness of the high level MGL statistics over the last 5 plus years.

:)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

fHhAlaj.png

After a very busy MGL season that just finished a few weeks ago, I wanted to go back in time to when I first started running the competition in 2013. It's incredible that over 5 years has past where so many fun and great gamers from all over the planet played in the competition on so many fantastic arcade games. Based on the research, I created an MGL infographic for an easy to read and easy to understand sharing of the information. I also wanted to discover for myself and create awareness of the high level MGL statistics over the last 5 plus years.

Thank you Paul. The MGL has really grown under you.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

• Like 2

Thank you Paul. The MGL has really grown under you.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Thanks Bob. It takes gamers like yourself to make the MGL a great place to play video games. Without you guys there is no MGL. And whether you are just starting out to play, getting better at gaming, or a pro, this is a place for everyone to game. So don't feel bad if someone plays a bit better than you do. Besides, there is always the fun of trying and improving. Plus there are so many hundreds of great games out there.

- - - Updated - - -

You've really made the MGL your own mate and thanks for continuing the tradition on AA.

I have tried to promote, invite and welcome all the growing number of local and overseas gamers to this "super" world arcade gaming competition. The number of arcade fans and pinball fans have grown immensely at AA in the last few years, which is great to see. Sometimes gamers can disagree, and that's fine, that's part of life, do the right thing, just drop a coin and game as friends. Go for the PB, do better than your mates or just do it casual. Thanks Travis for providing the AA site since 2005, that's 14 years of arcade culture, congratulations.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The MGL is really good for giving me an extra insentive to try out different games at the arcade and working improving my scores on them as well as the ones i am already getting decent scores at. Looking forward to the next one starting.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed participating in the last two MGL! The score system and match dates are very well organized. I hope to see Paul soon. I'm missing him around here. :confused:

Same here I hope the next one starts soon.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I PMed him a few weeks back and he said MGL is off season, I'm sure he's just taking a well earned break. He puts a lot off effort into organising the MGL which has been a tradition on AA for many years now.

Maybe @OOO can clarify.

• Like 1

Thanks for all that you've done (so far?!?) Paul

I know I haven't been MGL-active recently but over the few years I did play it was absolutely instrumental in keeping my love for playing these games alive.

• Like 2

Hi great gamers,

As I mentioned to Travis, it's the off season for the WCE and the MGL right now. By design, there is an extended break for all competitors and prospective gamers to totally recharge and revitalise their motivation and determination. I am currently planning and funding the 2020 season. This includes the design works, promotions and what makes the competition run, like a Sherman tank charging through the Ardennes forest. There will be quite a few changes, including with delight, making this the hardest WCE ever. Yes the MGL 2020 season is currently under construction ...

ghGAl8B.png

The competition dates are not finalised yet. However I can say the competition will start SOON. More details will be posted later.

• Like 8

Awesome news that its going to start soon. Already working on a list of possible games for my nominations. Been trying to improve at 2 main games in the past few weekends at the arcade including one which i think is hard but gotta love a challenge.
  • Like 2

I have updated the MGL infographics with the latest results from WCE3 of 2019 ...

NJJQ03I.png

It's been great to see the evolving video gaming community discover and compete in this all world competition.

The incredible and amazing saga will continue, for the new legends of video gaming lore, and to reach the precipice of digital immortality.

GAME ON!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I have provided an update after WCE4 on the MGL infographic.

aUTFwME.png

Great people and great gaming is what it's all about. Everyone is welcome. I hope you all have a great time in WCE5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone,

I hope you all have had a super break. I have posted an update below with the latest and greatest on the MGL ...

I1l7wwd.png

Exciting news is that for season 2022, there will be a new Gamemaster, as we need depth in people helping and running the MGL. So if you are interested, please contact Travis at AA.

Have a great time!

😆 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, OOO said:

Hi everyone,

I hope you all have had a super break. I have posted an update below with the latest and greatest on the MGL ...

I1l7wwd.png

Exciting news is that for season 2022, there will be a new Gamemaster, as we need depth in people helping and running the MGL. So if you are interested, please contact Travis at AA.

Have a great time!

Nice stats @OOO

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 24/01/2023 at 07:46, evan04 said:

Paul "OOO" Hornitzky  postou um artigo da Twin Galaxies com o campeão mundial de eSports 2022, Donald Hayes. Pode ser lido aqui: https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_details.php/6172/donald-hayes-clinches-world-championship-of-esports-title/25

Boa sorte no WCE7  a todos 🙂

Evan

Thanks for sharing Evan! Today I took the time to read and loved the article. I liked the questions that were asked and Donald's answers!

• Like 1