CRT_emudriver help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRT_emudriver help

Hi guys I am trying to get CRT_emudriver to work but getting this error. Please help guys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	1882862
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	1882861

Let the driver package restart Windows in test mode and reinstall the driver before you try running VMMaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Thamiel View Post
      Let the driver package restart Windows in test mode and reinstall the driver before you try running VMMaker.
      The actual drivers don't install, he's using a compatible ATi X300 card. No other screens pop up after the window states that the drivers were not installed. I'm setting this up on Luke's behalf. Any reason as to why the drivers did not install?
      "Pick any game you want! I'm good at all of them. I have 97 of them..."

Comment

You guys are on windows 7 right?

Comment

Yes windows 7 my friend

Comment

You guys are on windows 7 right?
            Yes, Windows 64 bit as 32bit has compatibility issues apparently. I've installed the drivers on my PC, running an ATi HD 5450 (discovered today that it isn't compatible) with Calmity's CRT_Emudriver. The drivers installed successfully, and my PC boots with the test mode splash on the desktop. I followed the guide on Arcade Otaku, each installation was carried out the same. For some reason, the drivers won't install on Luke's PC. And, the driver installation was run with admin rights.

Comment

In my experience with CRT_EMU, Windows 7 was more trouble than it was worth. I'd recommend sticking with WinXP X64, it offers the best compatibility and the easiest setup.

Comment

Originally posted by namastepat View Post
                In my experience with CRT_EMU, Windows 7 was more trouble than it was worth. I'd recommend sticking with WinXP X64, it offers the best compatibility and the easiest setup.
                I had compatibility issues with Windows XP and my ASRock motherboard. I could manage to install all of the necessary drivers bar the USB drivers (these were the most important to me). But I could try installing Win XP on Luke's machine.

Comment

WinXP is the way to go with CRT_EMU, even though the new CRT_EMU apparently fully supports Win7 now, there are still people who have lots of issues. I've never had any issues with WinXP X64, the last PC I installed it on was an Asrock board with an i5 chip, can't recall the exact specs.

Comment

Has anyone had success with windows 7

Comment

I have 4 setups working perfectly under Win7 64bit.

Your card is not supported for windows 7 CRT_EMU. I would suggest a 4350 or a 4650 from the HD 4000 family.

Comment

I have 4 setups working perfectly under Win7 64bit.

Your card is not supported for windows 7 CRT_EMU. I would suggest a 4350 or a 4650 from the HD 4000 family.
                        But the X300 is on the list?

Comment

No its not.

" Under*Windows 7, we support the Radeon HD 2xxx, HD 3xxx and Radeon HD 4xxx families, only for the 64-bit version of the operating system."

Gotta read everything very carefully when setting these machines up. All the info is here.

http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/foru...forum.php?id=1

Comment

No its not.

" Under*Windows 7, we support the Radeon HD 2xxx, HD 3xxx and Radeon HD 4xxx families, only for the 64-bit version of the operating system."

Gotta read everything very carefully when setting these machines up. All the info is here.

http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/foru...forum.php?id=1
                            Have to admit, I only checked Geedorah to see the compatible cards. That's where I've gone wrong. The X300 will only work under Windows XP 64 bit. Cheers matey, that's an easy fix.

Comment

Yeah its easy to get overwhelmed with it. I would recommend getting a compatible card and going Win7 though. The performance boost is worth it.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X