Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CRT_emudriver help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    64bit can have up to a 20%-30% performance increase in some games. It is WELL worth the effort.

    http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=74600.0

    Comment


    • #47
      UPDATE: [MENTION=10185]Thamiel[/MENTION], [MENTION=8145]namastepat[/MENTION]

      After hours of trawling the internet, I found the elusive audio driver, and by accident I might add. I had the right driver, but needed to installl the older version. Long story short, she's working! Luke has set his desktop to display at 640x480 interlaced at 15kHz. The video issue is no more! It's one single picture, and the quality isn't too bad considering that the chassis cost around $50 brand new inclusive of postage! The picture is very similar to those seen on your stock standard Kortek chassis. I'll be heading over to play around with the contrast, brightness and picture positioning. I'll also be sure to give it a nice once over with my degaussing wand. One slight issue, and I'm positive that no adjustment on the chassis will resolve it...

      Look to the top right of the image below, the health bar is out of whack! Is there a possibility that we need to play around with the modeline in ArcadeOSD? And yes, the convergence is off. Could try buying some magnetic strips to fix that...

      "Pick any game you want! I'm good at all of them. I have 97 of them..."

      Comment


      • #48
        Hmm, never seen a health bar issue like that... It almost looks like really bad colour bleed, the way the colour goes past the white line. Does the same kind of distortion show up in the same place on the screen in other games? Does your chassis have an L-Line or H-Line adjustment pot? I doubt it would fix that issue, but if it does have the pot, it's worth tweaking. I would also be bringing up a cross hatch pattern and seeing what it looks like. All adjustements should be done with a cross hatch first and then a colour bar test.

        Also, what's that blue line down the bottom of the image? Or is that just caused by taking a photo of the screen? Still, for $50, you certainly can't complain. I will be interested to see how it all looks once you have it properly adjusted. Also looks like you have some pin cushion issues on the side, see if the there is a pin cushion adjustment pot on the chassis to straighten out those bent edges.

        As for modeline adjustment in Arcade_OSD, I am no expect on that, as I have never had to do it. I just install CRT_EMU and then default settings always seem to work pretty well.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by namastepat View Post
          Hmm, never seen a health bar issue like that... It almost looks like really bad colour bleed, the way the colour goes past the white line. Does the same kind of distortion show up in the same place on the screen in other games?

          Also, what's that blue line down the bottom of the image? Or is that just caused by taking a photo of the screen? Still, for $50, you certainly can't complain. I will be interested to see how it all looks once you have it properly adjusted. Also looks like you have some pin cushion issues on the side, see if the there is a pin cushion adjustment pot on the chassis to straighten out those bent edges.

          As for modeline adjustment in Arcade_OSD, I am no expect on that, as I have never had to do it. I just install CRT_EMU and then default settings always seem to work pretty well.
          I've never seen it either. Fortunately this chassis does have a pin cushion pot. I'll have a play around when I see Luke next. The colour bleed can be fixed by adjusting the brightness pot and screen adjustment. To be honest, that's about all I can think of. Unless it's a voltage issue (I know that arcade PSU's can often cause such problems if the voltage is too high). But we did run a meter on it and the chassis is receiving 110? Luke will have to chime in, I'm not too sure if he has tried other games or not..
          "Pick any game you want! I'm good at all of them. I have 97 of them..."

          Comment


          • #50
            Colour bleed is more fixed by toning down the individual RGB pots on the neckboard or the chassis itself. However, I doubt it will be bleed, as there doesn't seem to be any other bleed in the image, particularly on the other health bar. The best way to tune colour is with a garaduated colour bar, you can bring up those in heaps of games by going into monitor test mode. They will give you a colour bar that is dark at the end and fades to the left. You want to get the monitor adjusted so that all the bars (blue, green, red, white) show the same fade of colour from left to right. If you have a REALLY nice monitor, you will be able to adjust it so that each bar gets all the way to the left before totally fading out, and without creating any bleed.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by namastepat View Post
              Colour bleed is more fixed by toning down the individual RGB pots on the neckboard or the chassis itself. However, I doubt it will be bleed, as there doesn't seem to be any other bleed in the image, particularly on the other health bar. The best way to tune colour is with a garaduated colour bar, you can bring up those in heaps of games by going into monitor test mode. They will give you a colour bar that is dark at the end and fades to the left. You want to get the monitor adjusted so that all the bars (blue, green, red, white) show the same fade of colour from left to right. If you have a REALLY nice monitor, you will be able to adjust it so that each bar gets all the way to the left before totally fading out, and without creating any bleed.
              I've adjusted many chassis before, I'm a perfectionist! I usually use any CPS2 colour test pattern as they are easy to work with. I'll have the picture looking it's best, just don't think I can fix that particular issue..
              "Pick any game you want! I'm good at all of them. I have 97 of them..."

              Comment


              • #52
                Glad you got it working mate. Looks like the red is too high but it's just in that one corner...get a grid pattern and some colour bars up and take some photos. Could just be really bad convergence in that one corner.

                Comment


                • #53
                  CRT_Emudriver Windows 7 Guide ....
                  http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/foru...pic.php?id=290


                  Looks like Windows 7 is where it's at for 15khz now ... "Windows 7 installations and CRT usage -- our recommended environment. "

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Hi guys his the finished product. Massive thanks to everyone for there input and to Dylan for his countless hours to get it going. Cheers everyone
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	1807701
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1807702
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1807703

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Good work, now time to tweak that monitor Your blue is WAY overdriven. Find the blue adjustment pot and tone it down, it will make a huge difference to the image.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by namastepat View Post
                        Good work, now time to tweak that monitor Your blue is WAY overdriven. Find the blue adjustment pot and tone it down, it will make a huge difference to the image.
                        Tried tweaking both Blue pots (on the neckboard and chassis) it didn't really help any. Also tried playing with the Green to compensate.. It didn't look that strong during the day when I came over.
                        "Pick any game you want! I'm good at all of them. I have 97 of them..."

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Hmmm, maybe this is the result of the cheap chassis. What type of tube is it? That blue saturation would drive me insane

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by namastepat View Post
                            Hmmm, maybe this is the result of the cheap chassis. What type of tube is it? That blue saturation would drive me insane
                            It honestly doesn't look that strong in real life. Unless Luke has played around with it after I left haha. I know what your saying though, I couldn't get the contrast 100% either. And I noticed that one corner of the tube was slightly, only just slightly less focussed than the rest of the image. But I think this could be due to the fact that the screen is reflected through the double mirror glass. I also gave it a good degaussing, but that spot was still a littly blurry.

                            At the end of the day, I'd rather that image over an LCD... But nothing compares to a NANAO!

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1807704
                            "Pick any game you want! I'm good at all of them. I have 97 of them..."

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              It's the camera guys. The camera is not doing the image justice

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X