Dez's Weekly Tricks of the Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by @lien_Zed View Post
    some kind of locking device on the inside of the door so your toddlers cant open the door and start ripping out wiring is highly recommended

After the amount of time and work I have put in to rewiring my cab I can't imagine what I'd do if that happened. The kid would regret it, thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dezbaz View Post
      Hi Maz

Sure, no probs

Any preference which one first mate?

All of them?!?

I'm probably going to need the Angled cutting of timber first (I'm planning a Surface Tension rip off made out of Eucalypt).

Followed by Hinges technique.

Cheers!!

Comment

Regarding the cutting a base or angle square, it is possible to use an out-of-square square to get a perfect angle. This only works with a square that can be flipped over. Many T-squares are no good for this reason.

1. Draw your line using the set square.
        2. Flip the square over.
        3. On the same face and edge, draw another line starting from the same point where you draw the first one.

If your two lines are not perfectly true with one another you'll have ended up with two unparallel lines stemming from a point, like a very long isosceles triangle with a very short base.

4. Where this 'triangle's base' should be, disect the line
        5. Draw a line from the point where the lines meet to the point of the disected 'triangle'.

Voila! If you did it carefully, you'll have a perfect 90? corner. This relies on a very straight edge to start with though so be sure of this first. Whenever I'm doing panel work I always make sure I have one corner perfecly square on a sheet and make all cuts and lines referencing these two edges. To identify this corner I draw a little square on it denoting it's a right angle. Provided your panel saw is square, you can be confident all other cuts will be square after this.

The above technique also works for spirit levels that are out of square.
        Last edited by TheWiggman; 28th September 2011, 12:44 PM. Reason: Added extra stuff

Comment

I must be Mr tight ass dodgy lol I cut some 45's using off cuts my sliding mitre saw when setting the frame, and measure the alternate corners for square !! does the job well

Comment

hey dez, looks like there's 25 weeks worth of tips to fill in here! cmon, get to it!
            HookedOnDefender,TimePilot,CrushRoller,1942,Pacman [original ghost in the machine!] VIDS: DefenceCmnd, Defender(2),Stargate(2),Joust,Joust2,MoonPatrol,Ph oenix,PolePositionII, Pacman, MsPacman, DKJr, MarioBros, LunarRescue,SegaTurbo,FujiSpeedRace PINS: Gottlieb Gladiators WANTED: Robotron, Sinistar, Maketrax, Timepilot & Defender Pinball! SOLD:Qix,Qbert TRADED:Gorf

Comment

Originally posted by andykmv View Post
              hey dez, looks like there's 25 weeks worth of tips to fill in here! cmon, get to it!
              At the moment I can share how to build a kitchen. Even how not to actually.
              Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
              DSB Electrical Facebook
              VAPS
              Vector Monitor Repro Parts
              Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

Comment

what, no sideart on the kitchen cabinets ?
                no pcb/lcd upgrades for the fridgecade ?
                what about the microwave benchtop with added joystick ?
                give me something , anything, please!

- - - Updated - - -

corr! that gives me a great idea for the ultimate kitchen!
                forget the wall mount oven with integrated grill, make it a 24" 4:3 lcd screen behin=d the oven door glass, with a drop down CP attached to the grill door!
                HookedOnDefender,TimePilot,CrushRoller,1942,Pacman [original ghost in the machine!] VIDS: DefenceCmnd, Defender(2),Stargate(2),Joust,Joust2,MoonPatrol,Ph oenix,PolePositionII, Pacman, MsPacman, DKJr, MarioBros, LunarRescue,SegaTurbo,FujiSpeedRace PINS: Gottlieb Gladiators WANTED: Robotron, Sinistar, Maketrax, Timepilot & Defender Pinball! SOLD:Qix,Qbert TRADED:Gorf

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                Working...
                X