Wiring Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Tip

was looking for wire to wire up my cocktail cab and wanted to keep it nice and neat, I had a heap of old wire lying around, mostly the same color etc
    then I found I had a heap of old parallell printer cables, after cutting of the end I had around 36 wires all different colors in a nice neat harness.
    So if you havent thought of it, use a printer cable, you can pick these up almost anywhere for next to nothing.
    1 5ft cable wired my whole cocktail cab both sides.
    Attached Files

Yep.. Good idea.

I've used CAT5 cable in the past.

Comment

nice tip. always good to make use of stuff that would otherwise be landfill (",)

i bought cat5 and now i think about it, at the time i would have had at least a couple of old printer cables sitting around...
      Danny Galaga- the man with no signature...

Comment

been doing that for a fair few years. Thought it would have been a common practice?

Comment

good post thanks for sharing your tip

Comment

Another good source of cable with higher current handling capabilities is rolls of trailer wire..

It comes in either 5 and 7 multi-colored cores and wrapped in a black protective sheath which can be easily removed, relatively cheap and available at places like Repco, Super Cheap etc. This stuff is great for wiring up control panels etc..

Hoops

Comment

You can try cat 5 (ethernet) cable too.

(If only I'd read the earlier post suggesting exactly the same thing)

Sorry.

Comment

All good Mrs Nipey, all good

Comment

Originally posted by WOKA View Post
                  All good Mrs Nipey, all good
                  i think thats mr snipey
                  sigpic

Comment

Mrs Nipey ........ very clever....just tickled my fancy, that

Comment

I've recently started back on my Mame cab. This gives me and idea for old IDE cables. AT LAST! I new I kept dozens for a reason.

Comment

Not a great idea if you ask me. You couldn't find lower quality wire if you tried.

Decent wire isn't exactly expensive.

Comment

thanks for the tip. I know it's been up a while but a new control panel is underway and this just made my wiring job heaps easier.
                          Remebered where i saw it so thought you deserved a thanks.

Comment

+1 vote for the 7 core trailer wire.

It is just nice and fat for installing your spade plugs onto easily.
                            Wire your machine up as 1 loom per stick and one per button set.
                            Retired

Comment

After reading this thread, I have just used this, very handy!

Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X